It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Where Do You Rank in the World? Know Your Place!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Stop fighting the wrong wars, and police your own. Prosecute war crimes, stop torture, etc. Stop the current obvious wars of aggression. And most importantly, stop lying to us civilians. You swore Oaths to us, to defend our constitution. Who do you think we the people are?

Look forward, not backwards. Can we wage war, on war itself? Enforcing Kellogg-Briand at home first, would be a nice start.

Friendly advice.
edit on 9-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So so blindly support the troops?

So you blindly support incidents like the Mai Lai massacre?

Diffrence between us and evil reguimes like NAZI germany or the USSR is we are crtical of the actions of our troops.

99% of our troops british American or allied are good men and women but some times we do need to hold them to acount good or bad otherwise we are no better than our enemys.

Support your troops great! Blind support no as that leads down a dark path that has been used by criminals and tyrants many a time.
edit on 9-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Pity only some troops can be done for war crimes though isn't it?.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Have you heard the saying " The Biggest isn't always the best"

With being a "Super Power" comes moral responsibility. Something i am afraid The U.S. lacks.

I see you praise your National Guard. Do you recall the killing of 4 students at Kent State Uni by those very people ?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-8-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It makes me sick to see the Zionists on TV pat the gentile goblin armies on the back. Freedom is a word that has been perverted in America the same as democracy and terrorists. The USA does need to know it's place and stop all foreign aid immediately, and stop attacking other countries. The US is # 2 in war mongering.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The only use of the american forces and war
is to make Money selling wepons!
thats ALL the care about...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Stop fighting the wrong wars, and police your own. Prosecute war crimes, stop torture, etc. Stop the current obvious wars of aggression. And most importantly, stop lying to us civilians. You swore Oaths to us, to defend our constitution. Who do you think we the people are?

Look forward, not backwards. Can we wage war, on war itself? Enforcing Kellogg-Briand at home first, would be a nice start.

Friendly advice.

Whose fault is it that we are dragged into the "wrong wars"?? Is it the military men and women who are there to protect us whatever you think that is their main goal? When have the Armed Forces themselves lied to us??

Not individuals but as a whole? While no man or woman is perfect, logic states, while there are a few bad apples in every group or organization, you do not toss out the whole bushel!

i am surprised by most of you that have said while I support the military I dont support what they do.....I guess i was looking for a more valiant response. Look at how they are the first to render aide, they are the good guys believe it or not! They personal have no authority on where they go or what they do...I think instead of bashing their efforts they deserve recognition and a thank you.....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I see you praise your National Guard. Do you recall the killing of 4 students at Kent State Uni by those very people ?

Yes, of course! and this was a horrific incident. But because 4 people decided to act in a murderous way then that means the entire GUARD are murderer's?? That is flawed logic at its best!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Col. Oliver North lied, so did 4 star General Colin Powell. Rumsfeld announced the day before 9/11 that $2.3 trillion was missing from the Pentagon.
edit on 9-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hey nice avatar

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I understand pax. But you need to police your own. You can say no to obvious war crimes, and start arrests. Read Title 18 USC 2441.

Policing your own, would go a long way to restore its faith with those thinking "wt..." mate?

The whole orchard is not sour. Find the bad apples.

You can truly become a force of good, but that starts with you.
edit on 9-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: 18, not17

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A military is good -- when you are in direct need of their specialized service. We're not in need of it, we're using it to beat other countries into submission. ISIS would be a good use of the military. Overthrowing dictators that kept countries from falling apart at the seams is a bad use of them. Helping out when asked is a good use of them. Steamrolling foreign cultures & forcefully imposing our idea of "better" is a poor use of them.

Legally treating a solider like a second-class citizen is, IMO, a violation of rights. When I say this, I mean expecting them to ask how high when told to jump without question under any circumstances, being expected to never say squat when their collective conscience wants to object, and being paid poorly for the work among other things. I expect a good military to operate with ethics & be treated ethically, not to simply parrot "Sir, yes sir!" while bombing civilians like a mechanical construct with a fire button attached.

The problem I have with the military isn't the military per se, it's the people who bleat about unwavering support no matter how hideous the outcomes may be. We need to start doing better as a society, morality & ethics have a bigger long-term impact than who's standing army has more indiscriminate blatant crushing power. It wouldn't kill us to reign in our desire for pwning everything and stop pouncing on every foreign spit of land that so much as shudders in the wind.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Yes, of course! and this was a horrific incident. But because 4 people decided to act in a murderous way then that means the entire GUARD are murderer's?? That is flawed logic at its best!

Over 50 British Servicemen killed by U.S. Forces over the years by so called " Friendly Fire"

Thank God British Servicemen have not returned the compliment.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

More valiant awnsers like what?

Give us more wars please? Cheer every time a bombs droped?

No its not there fault they are being mis used and I wont hate them for it, but why should I thank them for fighting in wars that have nothing to do with me and which im 100% against? They volenteered they were not forced.

But the wars aside I do respect the humanitarian efforts like what the RAF are doing now, rather than droping bombs they are droping aid.

But I can not moraly support wars of agression that have no bearing on my security or freedoms.

Not sure why that concept is so hard to grasp?
edit on 9-8-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The vast majority of us support the troops, however dislike how they are used, how they are made out to be monsters by the media, and how they are treated when they get back. The vast majority also most likely dislike how some of them act high and mighty when they get back like they are owed something more than respect. I know I dislike that. Because I can't give anymore than my highest respect. They are the ones that signed up for it, not me. If they feel they are owed anything more than the highest respects they should probably be questioning their officials.

As far as the middle east goes, I don't want our troops to be there. If it were up to me, we'd bring all of our troops back, and just let the people who live there duke it out. After all, they've been trying to kill each other far longer than we've been there. And I don't even think we had any business there to begin with. No amount of U.S. involvement will change things there. We can't help people who scream that they want help, and then fall back to their own ways or BETRAY us when they get help, and get back on their feet.

As far as freedom goes, our freedom is slowly dwindling. And in a way that the military can't fight for us. They can't fight for our basic human rights when religious bigots are fighting to take them away, can they? Didn't think so. There are countries that have much more freedom than us, but in different ways than us. In highschool, I remember, I had a foreign exchange classmate from Denmark, and she'd comment on how we had different freedoms than she did in her country. But, we also had rules that would be seen as ridiculous there.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Cause we can't have everyone blindly following the military, that is why we need to people to not support it. Negative feedback is a very good thing.

And yes I know they are just following orders which is why I don't say that all that served are baby killers and scum bags. I reserve that for the ones that send them to their deaths for no reason.
This we can agree on.

Therefore the problem is not with our Military it is with the elected officials that we put in office!

And you never actually said "if you don't stand behind the troops, then stand in front of them" I can't help but think you agree with it based on comments like this

Yes I blindly support the men and women who voluntarily signed up to protect me and my freedoms!

It wasn't pointed at you directly, just a general statement. But IMO that is that this thread screams
What is happening in Iraq right not was inevitable, we can't force stability on their religious and civil wars without costing more of our men and women's life's and our money. Also the people of those countries want us the heck out of there and we need to respect what they want.

And just cause I served does not mean I can't or should not speak out against the military.
I am not bitter about it, but you can think that if you would like

Oh and I hope the one you love makes it home safely and as he/she was before he/she left.
edit on thSat, 09 Aug 2014 18:40:30 -0500America/Chicago820143080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Most Americans seem to be like us brits.

It not the military we hate, hell we repect our military.

Its the way they are USED.

American troops havent been used to protect American freedom since the cold war.

Fact is NO nation on earth has the military capabilitys to invade the USA, no one, not russia, china or a bunch of barbarians in the ME.

Iraq, Afganistan, libya have not had anything to do with protecting US (or in my case UK) freedoms.

Stop the wars of aggresion thats all we ask.

Of course this is from a brit but its the same principle.

When the global energy economy is traded in US Dollars then of course it does and all these military actions are in the Interests of All Americans.

No oil and the USA goes into a cannibalistic frenzy within three weeks, not years, not months, WEEKS.

When you are an oil producer and threaten to no longer trade your oil in Us currency YOU WILL BE INVADED.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The dangers inherent with Standing Armies.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

And when you stop trading oil in American Dollars expect to be invaded like Iraq, Libya. Iran is another country that doesn't us Dollars to sell oil.
edit on 9-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Seriously?
British FF killed thousands of your own and hundreds of Americans through the years. Everyone's done it it's not on purpose

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join