It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Virus Outbreak 2014: Thailand Monitoring 21 Tourists From West Africa For Symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ebola Virus Outbreak 2014: Thailand Monitoring 21 Tourists From West Africa For Symptoms

Health officials in Thailand are keeping an eye on 21 tourists arriving to the country from West Africa amid concern over the Ebola virus that has plagued Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.

Thailand’s health officials are monitoring passengers with suspicious symptoms at five international airports, including Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports, which serve Bangkok.

www.ibtimes.com...

This in addition to the death reported today in Saudi Arabia.

Ebola is out of control.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh stop. They have monitored 300 people since June 8th . People who have traveled to west Africa. These last 21 are still within their 21 day incubation period. THERE ARE NO CASES OF EBOLA IN THAILAND.
These people are being watched because they went to west Africa. The article also states that authorities don't expect Ebola to be an issue in Thailand.
Ebola is still only in west Africa.. All cases have originated in west Africa. There have been NO cases that originated outside of the hot zone. Meaning no person who had it has passed it on to someone who's never been to Africa and any person who has it got it in west Africa.

No need to freak out just yet. l reply to: LrdRedhawk

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes Ebola is out of control. In Africa. I fully expect the WHO and others to contain it there. Two weeks from now if no secondary cases show up we're probably ok. Countries are restricting travel to and from the hot zone but borders in Africa are harder to monitor as there are literally thousands of routes into and out of Nigeria alone. People would be stupid to go to Africa right now if they don't have to.

reply to: LrdRedhawk

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Again, I didn't say there were any cases in Thailand. If I were to say that, the thread title would be "Ebola Is In Thailand" or something along those lines. All I'm doing is sharing news I find of new places the virus might show up.

new topics

top topics

join