It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the people..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to post a short video that sums up pretty well how we the people can push back and win..To the people that will say you can not fight government ect well i say you are wrong. The video is like a bugs life scene where the grasshopper(the elite/government)
said f if the ants (thats us) ever realize they out number us we are done.. well here is a great little video that gets that message across enjoy..

edit on 6-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: trying to fix link

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Videos not working for me

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
in case it don't work the link...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Dam your fast not sure what i did wrong?
ok all fixed..
edit on 6-8-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Was this video made for children, or under the assumption that the people watching it are mentally retarded?

There are always going to be self-serving, callous people ruling over you. You'll get good leaders too, sometimes. As long as people are fed and kept occupied/entertained, they really don't give a # that their government is crooked and extorting money from them. This will never, ever change. You cannot convince people to act against the government when they are happy to spend their days eating McDonalds and watching reality TV shows. I mean seriously, do you know how easy our lives are these days? Going to an 8 hour job at a desk where you literally do nothing but sit on your ass, eating absurdly good tasting cheap food, and watching drama on the television? This is literally all most people want or care about. They just want to be left alone.

Only time they'll start caring, is when the govt starts taking their sh*t away.

Video is way to simplistic and idealized.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When ur talking about sheeple yes u are correct but the new generation my generation will turn the tabl so fast the government will either be a smoking pile of bodies that we will vow will never happen again in american society and finally give the population the ability to control their own lives insted of big brother beating us down every time we decide to live granted the government is crap but the idea of freedom is distored becaise of politicians and cops and lawyers and this democratic/republicen fossilized style of argueing for 10 years before something gets done i say blood will make things change just like always american civil war rematch of the new era is comming and race wont be an issue this time so im begging someone to light tje fuse so this sad time in our nations history can finnally end a reply to: Cruithneach

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Captobvious94
Why are you waiting for someone else ?
Why aren't you that someone?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cruithneach

I agree with Cruithneach. As things stand in America, will stand perhaps for untold generations to come, either sweeping political reform at the behest of the people or an armed revolution planned and carried out by them is very, very unlikely. As Cruithneach said, the American people by and large are complacent in their lives within the state of their community, city, state, and federal governments, or they just want to be left alone to pursue the mundane, material things they enjoy as reward for just surviving with their bit of surfeit, their bit of left overs.

We Americans--along with the peoples of most other first world nations--we're kind of perpetually sitting together in one massive waiting room. It could be the waiting room of a doctor's office, of any business imaginable, of a prison bullpen, or of a slaughter chamber. Whatever lies beyond the double doors, we're endlessly waiting there for the end of our lives or for some great improvement to it along the way; working hard, struggling up the ladder, living, loving, playing. At any time during this long, long wait (we hope it's a long one), the folks who run the business, who own and tightly control the waiting room can come for any of us. They can come for any of us at any time, take us away, lock us in a cage--do whatever. But just relax, kick back. Chances are good that will never happen. But it could. That's the cost of surrender to supreme authority. Whether it's in our best interest collectively as a people ... another debate all together.

So the millions and millions of us just sitting there waiting, well from time to time we get ideas that this situation isn't right, it does not benefit all of us--not even close--and maybe we ought be in charge of the waiting room. But you know what? How does or can anyone get a couple of hundred million people to agree on anything, much less what's best for all or even most of them? Personally, I think that's impossible--and so does our government. Instead of taking some kind of colossal poll to find out what everyone the nation over wants or needs, the government decides what we want for us, and believe it--most people have no problem with that.

The average citizen wants, no needs, someone else to be in charge. We don't really think about where our food comes from, we only care that grocery store shelves are bursting with ten varieties of ten brand names of everything. Our government is "over there" bombing democracy into some tribe of people thousands of miles away from the convenience store where we complain about gas prices? So what? So long as the video vending machine is working and our brand of cigarettes is in stock, and mickey d's is still around the corner waiting to chomp down our dollars--we just don't care. Same goes for heightened security, for government encroaching further and further into our lives. So what we say, so long as all is neat and safe in our own backyards.

Who among us would volunteer to give up that level of security? Lots of videos of police brutality circulating around the net. Ever see one where the cops are protecting and serving the stuffing out of some citizen? How often do you see in them other citizens coming to that guy's rescue? You just don't see that ... because no one wants to risk whatever modicum of security and comfort and stability they have. I suspect that the authorities could go so far as to declare martial law, enforce curfews, land travel restrictions and commit regular violence against groups of people across America--and even then a majority of citizens would continue to look the other way, to hold onto their stability.

But, speaking to revolution or whatever the OP's video is trying to depict, it's just not going to happen. We the people surely outnumber the enforcers of our ruler's authority, however, that means nothing. Our government--most all governments--they like to maintain control by fear. Mass fear--overt or covert--all it takes is making a few examples out of the discordant would be voices of change, and the rest of us fall right in line, every single time--bought and paid for first and foremost; easily cowed back into submission if it comes to that. Rocking the "boat" takes a lot more effort than ranting in posts online; that is rocking it hard enough to get "their" attention. The best advice it seems is don't rock the boat, continue to sit patiently in the waiting room, enjoy what you've achieved and forget about the big picture. Of course, that's advice I've never been able to follow myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well yes it is a simple video that was the point. Maybe most on ats understand but this is good for the more asleep among us. The point was so people could send it to their friends who don't get it. Also we do not need ALL Americans to stand and fight back if i am not mistaken that was the mentality we can not defeat the great and mighty British but we did and won. It was only 3 percent that did that.If all militias and people with a backbone took a stand im sure there are enough of us to do whats need.

top topics

join