It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secret" Serum the Cure for Ebola?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Vaccines are usually made of components of the virus usually killed virus and albumin the protein in egg whites. Yes?n reply to: NavyDoc

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: drwill

Posted this in the thread after this which will probably be shut down.

If this was done last week, why did they fly that US doc back here for treatment?

There was only one dose of this magic serum and our American hero declined it so the lady can be saved.

In my opinion neither had Ebola. It's just a nice fairy tale to sell the new vaccine. Which will be a killer like the bird flu vaccine

It's not a vaccine.
no but it's the first step to one.

Mmm...yes and no. See my explanation of serum vs vaccine above. Also to quote myself from another thread on the same subject:

No, a vaccine is a method used to expose a person to the antigens found on a virus by using either a weak version of the disease (cow pox and small pox for example) or parts of the dead virus shell with said antigens intact to stimulate your immune system to produce it's own antibodies against the virus so that you are immune before you come in contact with the virus.

A serum contains the antibodies that someone else produced that stopped the virus that is then given to you to stop the virus you already are infected with. You are not creating your own immunity (although if you survive, you are likely to start producing your own antibodies), you are borrowing someone else's immunity.

edit on 4-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did you want pics of them puking or taking a squat?a reply to: Hellas

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ifs and Buts, with a generous helping of Or, sprinkled with some And's. That's humanity for you!

Truth is we don't know how said virus will propagate in our western citys simply because it has never happened. However humanity has been around in its present fashion for some time now and Ebola doesn't seem to have gotten the better of us yet.
edit on 4-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

That's helpful to know about the planned trials.

edit on 4-8-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

No a serum and a vaccine are two different animals entirely. One involves the organism itself that causes the disease and the other involves the immune system's disease fighting results.

Sera were the original holy grail for fighting infectious disease before vaccines become the big thing. I thing original diphtheria "vaccine" was a serum.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ah beat me to it.

Weren't serum the first ones on the scene if I remember my infectious disease history correctly?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I wonder if Ebola can recombine the way influenza viruses can? Does anyone know if this is possible?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ah beat me to it.

Weren't serum the first ones on the scene if I remember my infectious disease history correctly?

Yes, largely. The exception being the discover of cow pox infection to get immunity from small pox. The first use of cow pox pustules inoculated into a person to provide immunity from smallpox was 1768.

Royalty Successfully Inoculated
Catherine the Great of Russia was inoculated by physician Thomas Dimsdale, with relays of horses at the ready in case the inoculation should go wrong and Dimsdale need to escape from Catherine’s angry subjects. The operation was kept secret, and Catherine recovered successfully. Her inoculation later encouraged others to follow suit.

Technically, I guess this would have to be the first use of a "vaccine" although it is not exactly what we know now as a vaccine.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Influenza spreads via tiny droplets contained within our coughing and sneezing and also by touching the infected. Exactly the same transmission medium as Ebola all through with Ebola blood is also a factor. As to it being able to mutate and become airborne for any meaningful period of time that's Hollywood conditioning our minds I imagine.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks.
Is it possible for the virus to infect, say, cats/dogs/birds, then recombine?
I wish I could find the old H1N1 thread on ATS about piggybacking ebola onto the flu virus--smallpox was mentioned also.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Maybe in some bio weapons lab located under a few miles of frozen tundra but not in mother natures laboratory!

Viruses just don't work that way in nature. They are rather specific as to what they do and how they interact with their hosts.

If you asking if Ebola can indeed jump the species barrier then it already has considering it most lightly came from Monkeys and apparently also infects fruit bats and also other animals. Still the same transmission medium at play through.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ebola needs 9 or 10 times the Selenium of most other virus and as it takes it from the host it overwhelms the host's ability to resist it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Frozen tundra and serum that must be stored at sub-zero temps.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
Thanks.
Is it possible for the virus to infect, say, cats/dogs/birds, then recombine?
I wish I could find the old H1N1 thread on ATS about piggybacking ebola onto the flu virus--smallpox was mentioned also.

Ebola already has known animal vectors: fruit bats and primates. All viruses potentially could recombine but the odds of that grow with the widespread nature of the disease and contact with humans. Ebola is not as widespread as influenza and an there is not the constant contact with the animal vectors as will influenza, so there is less opportunity for mutation.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for responding--stars for all.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I didn't say everything is a lie, I said that just because a picture can tell a thousand words, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not fiction. There's a subtle distinction, meani9ng that I look at a photo or video clip from the news media and my brain immediately starts asking itself questions as to the "proof" we are given for things. After things like 9/11 and Sandy Hook unraveling as people saw massiveinconsistencies between what was reported, what was actually seen in footage, it's not unreasonable at this point to be skeptical of the MSM's coverage of any story that will whip people into a fervor.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

OMG that is so "conspiracy theory"... You don't honestly believe that do you? I've seen my share of crazy on this site to be sure. Not saying you're crazy. o reply to: TotalProtonicReversal

Sounds an awful lot like "I'm not saying you're cCRAZY, buuuuuut...". It would be helpful if you quoted which post you are responding to when you ask what I honestly believe. However, since you've already gone there, I will tell you what I honestly believe. I honestly beleieve that I don't know what I honestly believe. When I put an idea out there for people to chew on, it's exactly that. I'm trying to comb through various scenarios for enlightenment of the reality of situations, as there is so much misinformation and disinformation and conflicting reports in the MSM we're spoon-fed.

I like it when things make sense. Oh, and if you have problems with conspiracy theories, umm... you DO know what site you're on... right?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TotalProtonicReversal

OMG that is so "conspiracy theory"... You don't honestly believe that do you? I've seen my share of crazy on this site to be sure. Not saying you're crazy. o reply to: TotalProtonicReversal

Sounds an awful lot like "I'm not saying you're cCRAZY, buuuuuut...". It would be helpful if you quoted which post you are responding to when you ask what I honestly believe. However, since you've already gone there, I will tell you what I honestly believe. I honestly beleieve that I don't know what I honestly believe. When I put an idea out there for people to chew on, it's exactly that. I'm trying to comb through various scenarios for enlightenment of the reality of situations, as there is so much misinformation and disinformation and conflicting reports in the MSM we're spoon-fed.

I like it when things make sense. Oh, and if you have problems with conspiracy theories, umm... you DO know what site you're on... right?

I thought AutumnWitch657 was a troll with all those post and no info.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I thought AutumnWitch657 was a troll with all those post and no info.

Wow, I hadn't even considered that. I must be off my game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join