It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Secret" Serum the Cure for Ebola?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Trueman
It's all over the Internet now.
Interestingly enough, the drug has never been tested on humans (just a few promising results on monkeys) until now.
Dr. Gupta is calling it a "Hail Mary" move (source: CNN LIVE/TV)

It was flown in from USAMRIID in Maryland and yes, they've had some promising results in primate testing.

Don't you find it weird that USAMRIID didn't even have any Ebola for testing 2 years ago and now they suddenly do have the "Hail Mary" ?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
A serum, correct? But could be made into a vaccine?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: TotalProtonicReversal
IMHO, the infected physicians had the disease. What's otherworldly is the "secret serum."
CNN is talking to Gupta right now. (The serum was flown in...from where? I haven't found a source for that tidbit.)
"Within 20 min to a hour, the victim's condition reversed." -- Dr. Gupta, CNN LIVE (TV).
All I can say is:
"The world is crazy on top and wild at heart." -- from Barry Gifford's "Wild at Heart."

Yeah I see several scenarios: 1. They weren't sick and it's media theatre. 2. They were sick and the new "miracle serum" is PR to make sure all the media's fearmongering isn't TOO effective. 3. They were sick and just got lucky that this company was working on this experimental treatment. 4. They weren't MEANT to get sick, but did, so the US acted quickly to make sure they got the cure that none of the African people are getting.

Geez, there's a lot more scenarious, those are just the first few that come to mind. I am curious however why they only reported originally that the woman was given the "only dose" of the syrum, when there was actually enough for two, and that it was this blood transfusion that made him better with no mention of him getting the syrum, and actually responding better to it. It just seems fishier than a tuna cannery.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas
Yes, indeed.
I am glad that the doctors were cured (if, in fact, the cure is permanent and something catastrophic doesn't occur later),
but the Ebola crisis has been going on for a while. Why was the serum trotted out at this time?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yes, indeed.
I am glad that the doctors were cured (if, in fact, the cure is permanent and something catastrophic doesn't occur later),
but the Ebola crisis has been going on for a while. Why was the serum trotted out at this time?

I never seen any sick doctors to begin with. It's just hear say from the news. All I saw was somebody in a hazmat suit walking into a hospital.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Interestingly enough, the drug has never been tested on humans (just a few promising results on monkeys) until now.

It was flown in from USAMRIID in Maryland and yes, they've had some promising results in primate testing.

Don't you find it weird that USAMRIID didn't even have any Ebola for testing 2 years ago and now they suddenly do have the "Hail Mary" ?

Not at all. It takes awhile to develop something that is usable. USAMRIID has been working on Ebola for years with the first patient admitted for sampling and testing and observation in 1981. They did not just get samples of it two years ago.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Exactly. It's so easy to make people believe something if it's on the news. They use the same tricks filmmakers use to suggest a narrative, but many people don't turn their critical thinking skills back on after watching a movie. They stay in that "believe it because there's a picture" mindset. A picture can tell a thousand words, but that doesn't mean those words can't be fiction.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc
A serum, correct? But could be made into a vaccine?

Possibly.

However a serum and a vaccine work differently. A serum contains antibodies to an illness, whereas a vaccine causes your own immune system to recognize the antigen and make it's own antibodies. They really are two different entities.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, indeed.

I never seen any sick doctors to begin with. It's just hear say from the news. All I saw was somebody in a hazmat suit walking into a hospital.

here,

I never seen any sick doctors to begin with

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Not at all. It takes awhile to develop something that is usable. USAMRIID has been working on Ebola for years with the first patient admitted for sampling and testing and observation in 1981. They did not just get samples of it two years ago.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Then why did the USAMRIID ask Germany for the complete genome of Ebola (and some other hemorrhagic fever viruses) 3 years ago, if they already had it??

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

Yes, indeed.

here,

I never seen any sick doctors to begin with

Thx, but I meant the two American doctors, being sick. (Footage of them being actually sick) Not a random pic of a doc that got infected
edit on 4-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes, indeed.

Don't forget close to 20 people out there standing taking a cigarette break. None of them were even wearing any hazmat suits. Oddley enough, these two contracted the Ebola wearing Hazmat suits. LIke someone said, this story stinks to high heaven and the news has talked more about Dr. Brantly than his colleague.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Secret serum or not, TPTB would let this virus decimate a large percentage of our populations before releasing any cure for public consumption. That being said i don't think the mortality rates would be so high in our first world nations where hospitalisation and immediate treatment could be administered in a far better fashion. Also there is the simple fact that we understand basic hygiene and transmission factors involved with the spread of said virus.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
A lot of "ifs" here....but it's my understanding that to create a vaccine, or any new drug, it would require $600M to billions for a start-up. Then figure out the target group/number who would need the vaccine. And 7 years of trials.
Or maybe the gov will just trot out the serum.
Such a strange, strange development in an already mind-boggling sea of strangeness.

edit on 4-8-2014 by drwill because: added

edit on 4-8-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes, indeed.

So you expect to see video of these people on the news being sick?

Who the hell do you think you are that you think you have a right to be able to see someone suffering from a disease just to satisfy your sick curiosity or paranoid delusions of a conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Who the hell do you think you are that you think you have a right to be able to see someone suffering from a disease just to satisfy your sick curiosity or paranoid delusions of a conspiracy?

Well we've seen plenty of images of sick Africans. The media doesn't seem to shy away from that too much as long as they're not in the full blown bleedout phase.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Yes, indeed.

They show bombed children on TV, so some sick doctors is your problem and I'm the delusional one?

Good one. Now go wave your flag

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Then why did the USAMRIID ask Germany for the complete genome of Ebola (and some other hemorrhagic fever viruses) 3 years ago, if they already had it??

Because there are many strains and some of the first incidents happened in Germany in Marburg and Frankfurt. No one research facility has all of the strains. USAMRIID (great facility, I've been there several times) did the work with what they had and then expanded their research to see if they could apply the same processes to the other strains.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical

Yes, indeed.

Don't forget close to 20 people out there standing taking a cigarette break. None of them were even wearing any hazmat suits. Oddley enough, these two contracted the Ebola wearing Hazmat suits. LIke someone said, this story stinks to high heaven and the news has talked more about Dr. Brantly than his colleague.

Contamination is possible when removing a hazmat suit as the infectious particle swill still be on the outside of the suit. In places with substandard equipment and procedures, such as Africa, contamination when removing the suit is much more likely.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I guess it's secret... if using blood from people who survived Ebola just like they have done for decades is secret.

It's just a little hard to come by in Africa, the person has to have survived Ebola and be have blood clean of other pathogens, and agree to have their blood taken (something an ebola survivor is probably hella suspicious of).

The other patient was given another decades old "secret" using sera from infected people recovering in hopes there are active antibodies.

They did this 19 years ago.

Story
edit on 4-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join