It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE CORICANCHA AN UNFATHOMABLE MASTERPIECE OF STONEWORK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Absolutely

The Inca and in particular the Tiwanaku stone masons - whom the Incan's used as their master builders were certainly not primitive. I'm not sure why people in this thread are using that term - would any of your like to try and explain?

Jungle - I see that word thrown around too in this thread, the site is in Cusco, Peru which is not remotely Jungle terrain. Its rocky mountains some 3,410 m in altitude. Not sure why people are using that word either.

Great work by master craftsmen from a culture with thousands of years of experience working stone.

Below is an image of what remains of the temple of the Sun, the items in black are Incan and the grey are the Spanish constructions

edit on 3/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

its the casually bigoted attitude towards the world, probably derrived in a similar vein from the notions that contributed to "the white man's burden", very eurocentric, patronizing, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

its the casually bigoted attitude towards the world, probably derrived in a similar vein from the notions that contributed to "the white man's burden", very eurocentric, patronizing, etc.

lol, yes

Definition of primitive (one of many)

a person belonging to a preliterate, nonindustrial society or culture.

Okay do the Inca meets this definition?

Nope

While they had not developed a written language they did have Quipus a sign or token language for keeping accounting and other accounts.

A better term than 'primitive' for the Inca would be an non-industrial culture or proto-literate culture.
edit on 3/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype
I completely agree with you, lightedhype.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's the common refrain from the incredulous, that Primitive Man was just too primitive to do anything except pick his nose. I don't know how the incredulous view the ancient Quechua people or Maya or Egyptians - as hairless monkeys that just descended from trees? What I hear whenever one of these incredulous types launch into this typical incredulous refrain is "If I can't figure out how they built these stone blocks, then there's no way Primitive Man could have..."

Let me ask a general question here - as part of this typical incredulous refrain goes, it's that Primitive Man was apparently too primitive to build these buildings. Now, with Ancient Alien adherents in the wane, most of these incredulous types revert to some sort of far more ancient super civilization being the responsible party behind these constructions. Isn't this a bit ironic then - that Primitive Man wasn't up to the task, but an even more primitive Primitive Man was?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Wow. What an amazing site. Everytime one think one have seen everything there is of these ancient incredible constructions around the world , a new turns up.

Built by primitive human beings?. Not a chance.

The stonework is so impressive, accurate and modern that it’s hard to even understand that it’s ancient. It kind of look like it’s a pre fabricated building set that is assembled like pieces of lego. Amazing S&F. thanks a lot for this.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: helius

I didn't share this, I just commented on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

Sorry about that. The reply was off course meant for the OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Aye, the spirit of EVD is still strong and the old cultures get short shrift.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yep and the question to all this incredulous disbelief is...

Okay you think this one bunch of guys couldn't do it but they show up distinctly in the archaeological and for the Inca the historical record too, so what about these advanced guys where are they in the archaeological record?

....crickets....

So there was an advance culture that went around building stuff in stone but never made anything else, not a single thing.....how odd.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Keep on doing what you do around here - every link and sensible statement is read by more people than ever post. We've both been around enough to know that some minds won't ever change, but the open minds will read the papers and learn.

Those ancient, lost civs were OCD beyond help...constantly brushing away their footprints and removing all signs of their existence.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Such a shame that you do not discuss your threads and just start new ones instead. Poor form OP

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Keep on doing what you do around here - every link and sensible statement is read by more people than ever post. We've both been around enough to know that some minds won't ever change, but the open minds will read the papers and learn.

Those ancient, lost civs were OCD beyond help...constantly brushing away their footprints and removing all signs of their existence.

I call them the 'drop cloth' people, they put down tarps where ever they went to make sure they didn't leave anything - just in case!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Such a shame that you do not discuss your threads and just start new ones instead. Poor form OP

He cannot - he looses such discussions rather badly so now he just puts up sites that Brien Foerester takes tours too and makes with the overblown 'personal incredulity' ploy, lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Call it 'drive-by incredulity.'

To the other posters in this thread, the ancient stonework in Peru is incredible and a masterpiece, but "unfathomable?" If you believe these are examples of some super civilization, or new age Atlantis, or ancient aliens, ask yourself this - where are the great vaulted ceilings? The soaring domes? The architecture that could rival Rome or Florence or Greece? As impressive as these stoneworks are, they never moved beyond post and lintel.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't believe for a second that the Inca made this what do you think?

Exactly !!

Seeing Some Structures were over a 1,000 years Old before White Man Came ( Spain )

Why Did the INCA MAYAN AZTEC etc... all of a Sudden just Stopped and why didn't the expand and Continue Building Right up till White Man Came ! Early 1500s to Rape and Pillage ...

For Example Puma Punku is a Site with Great Mystery.. That has Scientist's of all kinds
Scratching their Head for Decades !

Let alone where is the TOOL's or How ere they were Built! NO evidence ... Not even a Written language for the INCA's Except for NOT Binding ! No Hieroglyphs.. yet look at all the Wonders in their Location ! of South America Bolivia Peru ..

Tho They may of Been Slave's ! Workers , I could agree with that ..
But not the Builders the Engineers, Designers, Architects...

Tho there is Similarity's of Engineering Design o f Architecture from the Old and New World in Peru Some similar ways of Building ..like there is in Egypt , Ethiopia , Iran, Iraq, India , and even China ...

Turkey & Easter Island Same People ?

A Possible One World Civilization..
Tho Similar Structures tho decades to thousand years apart Around the World

edit on 4-8-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's amazing to look at, so smooth and well crafted. I don't for a second believe Aliens made some of these fantastic structures and walls.
Like you guys have said, humans go back alot longer than we're told by the mainstream, and have learnt to build these masterpieces over many many years of learning. I always cringe at the word Primitive man. They were far from primitive.

S+F

I love these kinds of threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Modern folks just don't know anything about hard, dedicated and skilful work. The techniques of ancient stone masonry are quite well known. Hard pounding stones and lots of ellbow grease.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I agree with you completely OP. There are ancient sites all over this entire planet which are clearly not the works of primitive man. Sadly, you will never ever convince the skeptics by using these sights. They will claim all day long until they are blue in the face that THIS specific primitive tribe built the site at THIS specific time and yada yada yada - it's all bullcrap. These same people claim ENTIRE underwater cities are nothing more than 'natural rock formations.'

Now before I get flamed - I am not saying ALIENS!!! Ahhh there's that word. All I am saying is - we are dead wrong about human history. Modern, intelligent man has been around for a hell of a lot longer than mainstream science claims. We've been around as smart as we are today since before the last Ice Age - at the very least.

In all likelihood - man has progressed to reach the stars and then managed to nuke themselves back into the stone age many times over again by this point in time.

Well working in the construction industry and having visited stonemasons and seeing what even a 3rd year apprentice can do with stone using only BASIC stonemason tools (all hand tools) I would say just because YOU have know idea how they could have been made with primitive tools doesn't mean they weren't .

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

(( A Repost )) Sorry Folks I wasn't Finished with my Previous Post I tend to Speed Type & Drafting...

I don't believe for a second that the Inca made this what do you think?

Exactly !!

Seeing Some Structures were over a 1,000 years Old before White Man Came ( Spain )

Why Did the INCA MAYAN AZTEC etc... all of a Sudden just Stopped and why didn't they Expand and Continue Building Right up till White Man Came to the Land ! in the Early 1500s to Rape and Pillage ... The Natives

For Example Puma Punku is a Site with Great Mystery.. That has Scientist's of all kinds of Fields Of Work .
Scratching their Head for Decades !

Let alone where is the TOOL's that these Structures Were made From.. or How were they were Built! NO evidence ... Not even a Written language for the INCA's Except for KNOT & Thread Binding ! No Hieroglyphs.. has been Found yet look at all the Wonders in their Location ! of South America, Bolivia Peru ..

Tho They may of Been Slave's ! Workers , I could agree with that ..
But I tend to Think The Natives were not the Builders the Engineers, Designers, Architects...

Tho there is Similarity's of Engineering Design of Architecture from the Old and New World in Peru Some similar ways of Building ..like there is in Egypt , Ethiopia , Iran, Iraq, India , and even China ...

Turkey & Easter Island Are theses the Same People ?

A Possible One World Civilization..
Tho Similar Structures tho decades to thousand years apart Around the World

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join