It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are US biowar researchers doing in the Ebola zone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

im here trying to figure out the purpose of them being there....i could ask you same question...can you prove they are there for peaceful purposes ?

just for the record i had no idea it was a popularity contest....and denying ignorance is about covering all the bases is it not ?

and the name calling is just not necessary unless of course we are in the school yard and very immature

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is the first time Ebola has ever been seen in Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia OR Nigeria - and definitely has never had any "Ebola outbreaks." So...

...any idea why researchers would go there to study Ebola?

: puz :

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: soficrow

www.usamriid.army.mil...

Shame the document you linked wasn't from say 2006 when they decided to take the trek and not two weeks ago but anyways...

ABC News Austrailia reported the outbreak originating:

The outbreak began in February in the forests of Guinea, where the toll continues to rise, but its epicentre has since shifted to neighbouring Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Source

Additional Source (2014)

I received a total of 10 results and everyone is from a couple weeks ago. Perhaps I should keep looking because I know a (fill in the blank) agency would never create a false narrative.

edit on 4-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Uh huh. Interesting that the Ebola epidemic broke in February, 2014, then this study was done on 8 year-old samples and released in July, 2014. Just sayin'.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 14, 2014 Fort Detrick, MD

Sierra Leone Samples: Ebola Evidence in West Africa in 2006 USAMRIID
Providing On-site Laboratory Support to Current Outbreak

...The study, published in this month’s edition of Emerging Infectious Diseases, demonstrates that Ebola virus has been circulating in the region since at least 2006—well before the current outbreak.

...Using assays developed at USAMRIID that detect the presence of IgM, an early protein produced by the body to ward off infection, the research team found evidence of dengue fever, West Nile, yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, chikungunya, Ebola, and Marburg viruses in the samples collected between 2006 and 2008.

In addition, of the samples that tested positive for Ebola, the vast majority reacted to the Zaire strain, which was unexpected, according to the authors.

“Prior to the current outbreak, only one case of Ebola had ever been officially reported in this region, and it was from the Ivory Coast strain,” said Schoepp. “We were surprised to see that Zaire—or a variant of Zaire—was causing infection in West Africa several years ago.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join