It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Judge People Based On Their Hair

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Isn't it natural to have long hair and beard?
Isn't shaving and cutting your hair short, against nature in some way?

I grew up in orthodox greece,
Once a year the priest of the closest church, comes to every house of the neibourhood for a blessing, when he saw me he said why you have long hair and earings ? isn't that what girls do? are you a girl?
I said thats a funny thing to be said by someone who also has long hair and wears a dress!

my parents got really angry at me... and the priest said I was posessed by evil!

some people are really sad, we don't still have dictatorship in greece, they used to imprison, torture and even shoot at people with long hair back in 1974 in Greece, with the blessings of the church.

fascism and church goes always hand in hand, Some monks from northen greece even send Hitler a support letter in the 40s.
and when Germans gathered all Greek Jews for executions, priests and christians gathered to watch!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had long hair most of my life. My hair was nice, though. Most women loved it and other women would get mad because my hair was nicer than theirs. *Just think 1984 Eddie Van Halen hair. But now, because of thinning, I keep it short or a small mullet(yes yes, I know. Bring it on!!!).
Remember the war on mullets that started in Hollywood movies back in the mid 90's? Then, if you had a mullet, you were considered "white trash" or "hillbilly" or "ignorant" or "uneducated" and "dumb" but don't you ever retort back and say anything about a fro or a "jew fro" or you will get the PC liberal treatment and get called "racist" or "anti-Semitic"!!

I think a lot of people DO judge by hair-do and I think that is a serious no no. You can't judge a book by its cover. Where I live, if you have dreads you are seen as a river rat tree-hugging liberal hippy lazy stinky Samuel Adams drinking idiot, by many. I work on a person-to-person basis and could care less what anybody looks like just as long as they're cool, or decent, that's all that matters to me. Judging someone by how they look is a shot in the dark.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Natural, but scary.

Isn't shaving and cutting your hair short, against nature in some way?

Like wearing clothes, eating cooked food and bathing?

I grew up in orthodox greece. Once a year the priest of the closest church, comes to every house of the neibourhood for a blessing, when he saw me he said why you have long hair and earings?

Aren't the good fathers of the Orthodox Communion often heroically barbu?

Which one looked most like your guy?

edit on 27/7/14 by Astyanax because: my nostril hairs started itching.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
my appearance is very conservative - always has been

Joke: Wouldn't a conservative hair cut really be long hair since your conserving it?

I know bad joke.
---
I was actually poked the other day on the shoulder in the store. "you should get a hair cut, I thought you were a girl"
I turned around, and some lady in what looked to be late 50's.
I just polity said "what my hairy legs didn't give it away?"
"Well you should still get a hair cut people would respect you more."
"Ma'am, If you're having a bad day would you like a hug? I give them out for free."
"Are you some type of hippie? We don't like hippies here"
"Actually no I'm not a hippie, they were in the 60's"
"smart ass"
I paid for my stuff and waited at the end of the counter to get some info from the clerk. Cranky lady was getting rung up. She was short 2 dollars. I pulled out the cash and handed it to the clerk.
"I don't need your stinking hippie money." She stormed out. left all her goods there. I just looked at the clerk and helped her put stuff back on the shelf.

I've been here in this town for a few years now and never had a problem. When I walked out side, I saw her by her car and noticed that the plates were from two states away.

Funny. Sad. I felt kinda embarrassed for her to be like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
How would you judge her?

I had my septum pierced when I was 18/19 (a while ago now
).... only piercing I've EVER had.
I was going to a lot of festivals and gigs at the time and I really liked it.
Eventually had to take it out due to working with food Which annoyed me but hey.
Never had another piercing done.

edit on 27/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
....mostly type cast as a homeless, alky, etc.

Not sure how much it had to do with the hair but when I was in Salisbury just before the solstice a homeless beggar gave me some food. Got me wondering if I should smarten up a bit.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

How would you judge her?

I see some royal divine blood right there. When a person with her eyes and aura walks up to bless me, I don't turn it down, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It wasn't long ago that I too had locks and I have to say I really do miss them. I cut them for many reasons but not because I was being judged, though I'm sure I was.

The question I got the most was"do you wash them, can I feel them and do they stink?" Mine didn't happen naturally I had them done by a local in the village I was living in when in the West Indies. It was just easier to take care of them when living in nature as I was. My long hair before locking it always seemed to be in my eyes or mouth or just being a pain to deal with. Once locked I was good to go.

If people aren't judging you for your looks they are judging you for something else it seems. Wear your locks proudly and know there is at least one person here that envies you having them.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr1Akula

Natural, but scary.

That guy is awesome!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All I know having a full head of hair with no thinning/balding is a plus over 30 and is a plus and I suspect the only ppl judging you are the ones that are losing theirs.

Judging ppl by their shoes, by their hair. . . whatever.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

That cobra is alive, you know.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

-''Natural, but scary. ''

Sometimes nature can be scary!

-''Like wearing clothes, eating cooked food and bathing?''

I guess so...Lol

''Aren't the good fathers of the Orthodox Communion often heroically barbu?''

Yea that's exactly how these scums look like, but they receive respect from the public, unlike us! hehe

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When i see people with those crazy colored hair i immediately assume they're attention whores.
I'm correct most of the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: Kester

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I always get a good laugh when the security guards at Walmart follow me. I wonder how much stuff is actually getting stolen on other aisles while they waste their time on me.

The day I cut my hair security guards stopped following me. My first thought was, if I want to be a criminal all I need is a suit and a 'nice' haircut.

It's funny how that works isn't it?? Serial killers could walk around all day dressed like Donald Trump and nobody would ever stop and think that there may be something sinister underneath those nice clothes and perfect grooming.

This is something that really grinds my gears. The biggest criminals on the planet wear expensive suits yet as a man I'm supposed to wear a suit and tie just to be considered successful. I absolutely hate wearing a suit and just because I don't wear one people look down on me. To hell with all of them.

As for hair, I admit I loathe the Guy Fieri look. I don't trust guys with that fake blonde look. I have no logical reason why this is, but it is. I also don't trust guys who wear berets. IMO that is just trying to look cool. I'd rather be cool(which will never happen, I know this) than try and look cool. Thing is, none of this should matter to me, yet I guess I'll just have to admit to being flawed and leave it at that.

I have Italian brillo for hair and used to wear a afro-mullet. Truthfully I have no leg to stand upon.I do have pics but won't post them as I fear for the children. They would run screaming, and rightly so. Sort of like when Shepherd Book unfurled his hair and River got all upset.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join