It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pic from Mars rover revealing... a beam of wood!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Intersting picture, the wood does look out of place and if you run the picture through a few filters it comes out as the dominant object

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oblate Spheroid
it comes out as the dominant object

Its always possible Nasa scientists are messing with us and painting them in...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Looking at the tracks in the dirt left behind by the rover it sure looks like the rover ran over the object in question.

Not sure but I dont think this is the first time NASA has ran over a "interesting" object.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
wouldn't there be no way for wood to be on the moon as wood is made from trees and there are no lumber mills let alone trees on the moon

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone said already but, that stuff covering the ground looks like some type of growth to me

And that does look like wood

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Uh a very old thread.

Could it be that this 'wood' is a from the rover by driving over flipped upside down light wightened mars stone plate? The empty and different 'sand in front of the 'wood' could be an indication for this. Thought I don't know if that rover has the power to do that by simple driving over that.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronman
wouldn't there be no way for wood to be on the moon as wood is made from trees and there are no lumber mills let alone trees on the moon

Well that may or may not be true, but we are talking Mars here, not the Moon...

BTW Land of Legends will be down for a few days, but all the same Data is still at the mirror site...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
Dont know if anyone said already but, that stuff covering the ground looks like some type of growth to me

Blueberries... they are scattered all over that area... an area the size of Oklahoma...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Breaking News.... Must see Video

NASA shows absolute proof of Alien activity on Mars...

www.maasdigital.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The wood is interesting... but what I'd like to know is who layed all those pavers in the foreground?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
wow, looks like wood! Is that the landing site for the rover in the upper middle of the picture? hmm strange

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Am i really the only one who believes that NASA would photoshop its own images? You think NASA would disclose 100% of its findings?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by extrasense

Someone at NASA kick your dog or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
that's interesting, it does look like a plank of wood, but I am pretty sure we're going to hear it's a rock of some sort.

btw what the shiny thing in the background, sticking up from the sand? another rock?

Ya I noticed the shinny thing in the background as more interesting than the "piece of wood" ... Looks like a camp fire, or some sort of fire to me...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
Am i really the only one who believes that NASA would photoshop its own images?

Yes you are

They don't use photshop they have much better software and algorithms

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Whats the big deal? Its just an old Railroad Tie!

You can even see the spike holes in it.

. .
v
U

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No big deal... I am sure there are railroad ties scattered all over the Area...

Seems someone stacked a bunch too...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well this thread finally died this past March without any final explanation. This is a picture on every ATS competitor and had stirred enough controversy to warrant a full briefing on the issue.

Of course now it's old news, but still, it's a fascinating pic. Was there ever any closure on this one??

I'm sleepy.. OUT!

[edit on 8-8-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This beam of wood looks like worn sedimentary rock to me. It looks as if the top layer was worn away by erosion or such.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronman

WOW Have you been to the Moon and can tell us this for certain? And after that have a second look at what you are replying to... this image is on MARS not the MOON

:bash:

Education in America... an Oxymoron

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join