It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Goldman Sachs employees seek class action alleging 'boys club'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Three former Goldman Sachs employees want make their lawsuit a class action lawsuit on behalf of the women who work for Goldman claiming severe cases of sexual harassment and discrimination.

None of us here should be at all surprised to hear about the disgusting way these bankers conduct themselves.

www.goldmangendercase.com...

fortune.com...

An ongoing gender discrimination lawsuit against Goldman Sachs filed four years ago by three former female employees now has the support of several additional former employees who allege the financial giant has a “boy’s club” atmosphere where women are mocked and excluded by their male colleagues.

As the YTY point out in the video above, Goldman Sachs aren't the only bankers treating their female co workers like crap. May I present to you Bank of America.

Bank of America Pays $39 Million To Settle Gender Discrimination Case

Bank of America will pay $39 million to settle claims it discriminated against women in its investment advice division, the company announced Friday evening. It is the bank’s second major settlement over employee discrimination claims in two weeks.

The money will be divvied up between roughly 4,800 women who worked at Bank of America and its subsidiary Merrill Lynch from 2007 onward. The suit alleged the companies had systematically pushed the most lucrative clients to men, undermining women’s compensation and professional opportunities in ways that violate anti-discrimination provisions of U.S. civil rights law. An earlier settlement over gender discrimination was supposed to have changed the business culture that advantaged male brokers over women, but the claims in the suit settled Friday reportedly mirror those of previous gender discrimination suits that Merrill Lynch had paid $250 million to settle in the 1990s.

4800 women at BoA. Oh. My. God. Talk about taking a step back in the progress made over the 20th century with women's right. But it's not only women who are discriminated against in the banking industry...

The allegations Merrill settled Friday also reflect the same pattern of behavior alleged by black investment advisers in a suit settled late last month for $160 million. That settlement is the largest racial discrimination payout on record at roughly four times the size of Friday’s gender discrimination payout. It will be divided among roughly one quarter as many plaintiffs. Both settlements include pledges to revise company practices and impose internal processes that are geared toward improving career opportunities and training for women and minorities.

Just goes to show ya with money and power out goes ethics and morale's.

edit on 5-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
But, but, but...

The men were just sharing it with the other females, the ones down at the strip clubs and on 'hooker and blow' night, otherwise known as Friday.

They NEED to make extra money, they have more expenses, and it's largely female in origin!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

High class hookers, fat bonuses and massive salaries? It's disgusting! I only wish I could somehow enter that world and fight the corruption and discrimination from the inside...

I'd have to 'go native' and just grin and bear it with the $$$ and the hookers.

Self-sacrifice is always the hardest road and I'd do it stamp out sexual discrimination.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky You just wouldn't get high if you weren't initiated.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

While wrong, it is low on the list of wrongs GS and others commit daily.

It is a great example of the personality types these organizations attract.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Considering how much money Goldman sachs made betting that the housing bubble would pop in america - I hope this lawsuit cost's them a whole lot of money.

Im sure these ladies have a point, but lets face it, banks are evil and clearly ran by narcissists who's only interest is to make money, live the good life and pay hooker's to make them feel like men.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

GS isn't called the Vampire Squid without reason. I am
not at all surprised that a corporation that has no financial
morals would discriminate against women too.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I know a lot of roughnecks. One thing that, to a man, they get upset about is women on the job site. They have to change their behavior. It is stressful to change your behavior and act unnaturally. Roughnecks are among men only for 15 hours a day, and forget their manners altogether (which is a pain in the ass from time to time, but usually entertaining nonetheless).

Its something that women trying to break into "mens only" type "clubs" have to understand: with their presence comes a demand for behavioral changes. Whether right or wrong, it is going to be resisted.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enlighten3d
a reply to: Kandinsky You just wouldn't get high if you weren't initiated.

We could smoke .. just not inhale.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you comparing a rough neck to a white collar banker?

I'm sure there's a big difference between the office setting and what ever setting your rough neck friends are use to.

Besides, this isn't about adjusting their behavior. The only time they adjust their behavior is when their harassing the women.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The overt harrassment is not something I can speak for, nor do i wish to.

The less overt harrassment is what I am talking about. Men who exclusively congregate develop disgusting habits. Whether they are in a suit or in fire retardant clothing.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The overt harrassment is not something I can speak for, nor do i wish to.

The less overt harrassment is what I am talking about. Men who exclusively congregate develop disgusting habits. Whether they are in a suit or in fire retardant clothing.

Women can swear a blue streak too. What exactly disgusting habits are you saying that men demonstrate that women cannot? Ogling? Scratching? Farting? Whaaat?

And the ladies at that Temple of Money-Making, No Matter How Corrupt, could have just gone out and had their own meetings at the local Chippendales club. Make Lord Bankfiend (tm) wonder what you're up to. It's not like, working THERE, they were beatification candidates.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

Women can swear a blue streak too.

Sure, they CAN. But that is not my typical experience. At least, not in public in polite society.

A group of roughnecks on the other hand? "Polite society" just needs to get out of their way. If i had a dime for every truck that had that saying about fighting and tripping pipe (google it if you want to see some examples) I saw just on the way home from work today.....

join