It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Nino on the Way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"NASA Satellites See El Nino Creep In From The Indian Ocean

The image shows what happens when a very strong El Nino strikes surface waters in the Central equatorial Pacific Ocean. The sequence shows warm water anomalies (red) develop in the Central Pacific Ocean. Winds that normally blow in a westerly direction weaken allowing the easterly winds to push the warm water up against the South American Coast. Credit: NASA.
Greenbelt MD (SPX) Dec 02, 2004
Scientists studied the winds and rains in the eastern Indian Ocean for hints at developing El Ninos. They used that information to create an "Index" or gauge that accurately predicted the El Nino of 2002-2003.
El Nino is signaled by a warming of the ocean surface off the western coast of South America that occurs every 4 to 12 years when cold, nutrient-rich water does not come up from the ocean bottom.

It causes die-offs of plankton and fish and affects Pacific jet stream winds, altering storm tracks and creating unusual weather patterns in various parts of the world.

The researchers used the TRMM and QuikScat satellites to track wind, rainfall, and warmer sea surface temperatures moving from the Indian to the Pacific Ocean in early 2002, before the 2002-03 El Nino."

Link
www.spacedaily.com...

This would be a good time to monitor the data from HAARP. Can HAARP start the El Nino effect?

Haarp Link
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
With all the weir weather thats been hitting almost every corner of the globe over the past 2-3 years with increased frequency, another El Nino is alll we need. Now we can look forward to another long year of freak storms, heatwaves, and flooding
.......its a shame there is no way to prevent this build up of thermal energy, tho a system such as HAARP may help combat the effects.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Since GW won the election I guess he has decided to reward Texas with good Golf weather. Last El Nino we got some pretty good Golf in all winter long. Go GW Go.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Last time El nino was around, it caused nearly 50,000 deaths in europe due intense heat waves. this is why it worries me being in europe myself. Tho I hope u get the good golf weather DrHoracid

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hey, if El Nino gets that out of hand again, I'll gladly trade in my Golf Clubs. Forgot about the Euro-wave. Point is has the Euro-Haarp come on line yet? The one being built in "Sweden"?(or other scandanavian place).

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think it has, it has been operational for a while now, there is a thread on site that discuses the location of nearly a dozen HAARP sites worldwide. Im just gonna make sure this summer i wear some factor 5,000 lol

top topics

join