It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War—What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ah, but what about those places where they don't elect their politicians? Those people will have no say in whether or not they get a politician who wants war.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ah, but what about those places where they don't elect their politicians? Those people will have no say in whether or not they get a politician who wants war.

True dat.

Just speaking in generalities here. Perhaps we'll never be rid of war.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
My thoughts on war?

War is what happens when politicians fail to do their job.

War is the extension of politics by other means.

Final thought on the subject, when hasn't there been war?

Cain killed Abel....

When was the last time there was peace all throughout the planet?

Never but that doesnt stop us from having hope that someday it will happen and be lasting.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The only war to achieve peace throughout the entire planet would be a one-world government. In my humble opinion.

Either that or reduce the population by about 90%.

The seven deadly sins will always spur us onto to fighting. T'is the nature of the beast, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

We as a species are not quite ready for a One World Government in my opinion. Too many greed, corruption, power hungry ego driven individuals would be either at the helm or next in the lineup. How we get from that to what we see in shows like Star Trek is anybody's guess.

I for one would love to see us all come together for the greater good but some fear it to the point of paranoia over 'possible' outcomes rather than seeing the potential of the betterment of mankind on the whole.

In the meantime

edit on 29-6-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

There wouldn't even be peace with One World Government. People would fight it, and it would oppress them, brutally.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There wouldn't even be peace with One World Government. People would fight it, and it would oppress them, brutally.

As I stated earlier beezz people would fear it based on 'possible' outcomes.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Quite agree with you, BUT the U.S. of A particularly, and other countries, have vast armaments industries, employing tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people, which need to be kept occupied manufacturing replacement / new armaments......no wars, no jobs....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I’m not a pacifist, in other words I agree with a strong response to any aggression by any people.

That’s not my point in this op.

Of course Hitler should have been stopped and this present menace of mad dogs from ISIL, indeed the world should ally together and stop menaces like a Hitler type tyrant and certainly groups like Boko Haram and ISIL.

But the point is that if young people were urged internationally, in all countries to CEASE AND DESIST joining an army in their respective countries (of course unless they are being attacked by an external force in an emergency this wouldn’t apply).

My point is what if a nut like Hitler didn’t have enough young people to fight his war of aggression, then maybe it wouldn't have happened. Or the young fools who go sign up to fight for ISIL got some sense and didn’t join.

These war mongers wouldn’t have any one to fight their wars of aggression.

I say one day we all should go on social media, facebook and twitter and urge the youth who fight these wars for the old men who start wars of aggression, to just DON'T SIGN UP.

Maybe the war mongers could be forced to fight each other.

Imagine that, seeing Saddam Hussein in a fight to the death against Dick Cheney

We might finally get world-wide peace.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join