It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalodons: Could They Still Be Lurking In Our Oceans Today?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Have you ever seen this video?

Yes, I'm very much interested in what people have to say about this video as well. I was actually watching it earlier, which motivated me to click on this thread. I'm glad someone brought it here, I was wondering if anyone would. I personally have always been fascinated with giant sea creatures and whatever else may lurk in the depths of the sea.

My guess is it's already been posted here years ago and thoroughly ripped to shreds, but it sure looks like a giant ancient shark to me.

I feel that if prehistoric creatures still live today, in the deepest darkest parts if the oceans is where they will be.
edit on 27-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

The issue I have with that clip is that we have no solid point of reference, so it's hard to scale the sharks based off the objects located around them. I also don't understand the language being spoken in the clip, so maybe they are stating things that are useful to understanding the video. Anyone understand what's being said?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

The issue I have with that clip is that we have no solid point of reference, so it's hard to scale the sharks based off the objects located around them. I also don't understand the language being spoken in the clip, so maybe they are stating things that are useful to understanding the video. Anyone understand what's being said?

I wonder if there is a known shark with features similar to the supposed megaladon in the video? It doesn't look like any great white I've ever seen, or any other shark species really. It looks like a real animal to me, no cgi or any of that, granted I'm no expert in that field. Maybe one of those lake or river sharks? Made to look big?

edit on 27-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This was a double post and should be removed.
edit on 27-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Double post oops

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's definitely a shark and not a whale, due to the gills it has. It does look kinda similar to a Greenland Shark, but it's hard to gauge what a Megalodon looks like when no one has ever seen one... So, until one is actually caught (if ever if you believe) we will be speculating forever... It sucks that we've only explored less than 5% of the Oceans, we all know there's loads of unknowns out there right now. What kills me are the scientists/experts who make definitive statements about the Megalodon being extinct when we have little to no understanding of the oceans and the animals that live within the oceans..

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Exactly how likely I would not be able to say, but I find it plausible.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Megalodon is a great white on steroids.... that video is not a Megalodon..

Megalodon docent swim around like a sloth.

It most likely swam just like a great white. Like the King of the food chain he is

The shark in the above video is derping around like a bottom feeder.

Now this video seems more plausible
edit on 28-6-2014 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That looked cool, but so reminds me of last years "mermaid" special on discovery, which was laden with crappy acting and cgi clips.

Also, how can we say with confidence that a megalodon swam and acted exactly like a great white?

Maybe it was just resting down there at the bottom after completing some great mega shark conquest, such as a battle with giant squid or the like.
edit on 28-6-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

One photograph in particular which stirred up a lot of controversy was an image that was presented in a Discovery Channel documentary (which was fictional) showing the dorsal and caudal (tail) fins of a shark next to a submarine, spanning a whopping 64 foot. The image was fabricated. The documentary was in fact a "mockumentary", which was stated in a very small disclaimer at the end. Plus, 64 foot (almost 20 meters) is larger than the estimates of the entire body size of megalodons! This was only dorsal fin to tail! The “scientists” that appeared in this documentary, entitled “Megalodon- The Monster Shark Lives,” were also actors. Sorry.

Did you read the post above - the very vid you post states it is fake!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

What video did I post or are you talking about the WWII photo I added? I'm confused

edit on 28-6-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sorry meant to reply to whomever posted the vid which itself says it was a hoax at the end as is the pic of sub.

We know there are giant squids as we have found washed up remains and evidence of their attacks on sperm whales who dive deep. if there were still megladon's why have we not found any washed up carcases or bite marks on whales be that old scarring or teeth marks on their bones?

I am more inclined to believe in underwater civilisations than megladons still being alive for all the reasons given in the IFLS article.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

What sucks is when reputable entities (like Discovery) put out fake photos/documentaries. It just makes the overall investigation into the subject so much tougher, because you have to sift through the credible and the fakes that are out there. And with so many fakes now, people are always going to be skeptical of any new pieces of evidence, similar to what we see with UFO videos/cases.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
someone make a thread about atlantis because that amuses me a lot

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

I don't see any reason why it isn't possible. We hardly know anything about our oceans.

I certainly hope so! It would be really cool to see one up close one day

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yeah, the whole fake documentary thing is strange. Especially when they do them on things like mermaids, and mix in real documentaries as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Megalodons can't exist anymore today. The world cannot support the existence of Macropredators anymore due to many factors. You would be talking about an species of animal who would need to eat 48,863,636 calories every day, the equivalent of a killer whale every day.

On it' time larger a animals used to live on the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I believe that the GW's are todays Megelodons. Devolution for the sake of species survival. Devolution actually becomes evolution. The oceans couldn't support an animal like that anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love this thread! Looking at all the comments so far, I'm getting a bit of hope for them to actually exist still. Looking forward to more posts about the possibility of Megalodens still living these days.

S&F
edit on 29-6-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
I am more inclined to believe in underwater civilisations than megladons still being alive for all the reasons given in the IFLS article.

Agree 100%...

There is a massive amount of evidence to backup underwater cities.

When I began to search the topic, I quickly found that there were far too many eyewitness sightings for it to be just a hoax...

A few years back I was in a meeting where the speaker mentioned that underwater cities were very real...

What really got my attention was that this particular speaker was a very credible source of reliable information.

I know that many will not believe this testimony concerning the ‘City Under the Sea’. They, in fact, will want to believe that it is just a fairy tale. They will try comparing it to something like the stories of “The Little Mermaid” or “The Wizard of Oz.” Believe me, the ‘City Under the Sea’ does exist, spiritually. I know, because I personally spent twelve years under the sea and know that it’s a real place.

I have never seen a city on this earth more beautiful than this mysterious underwater metropolis. There were giant, futuristic crystal skyscrapers and brilliant lazar lights bedazzling the currents of the sea. It was a spellbinding place, beyond words, it reminds you of a spiritual Disney World. The streets were made of gold — not real gold but something that appeared like gold. There is nothing in the world that could compare to this enchanting place, such a stunning, majestic and ravishing habitation. It was an apocalyptic fairyland. Many Africans have testified about its existence.

Zeph Daniel’s interview with Bishop Kanco:
The City Under The Sea

"Cities located under the sea are real. As a matter of fact, these cities under the sea are located around the world! Dr. Holliday reveals that she has heard testimonies about these cities in Scotland, Canada, Bermuda, Jamaica, East Africa, West Africa, South Africa and America. She says, "I know that the Western church will not receive or believe the spiritual reality of these spirits.

Holliday says, "A woman from Jamaica called. She was standing by a lake. Suddenly, she was pulled through a black tunnel down into the sea. She saw a beautiful city filled with supernatural beings there as well as humans. The humans looked like zombies with blank dead eyes that appeared as dark hole circles, shaft of light not shining. She saw a highly stylized, modern city. She had to go through deliverance." "Another woman testified that she was once a witch studying in the city under the sea. She said that it was located in the Bermuda Triangle. She gives the same type of testimony." LINK

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe that's what devoured this grate white. a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join