It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B thoughts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Any luck last night?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about our bases in S. Korea and Alaska? We theoretically could beef up some of the Aleutian Islands for a few squadrons.

What if we had some kind of super-stealthy air-based carrier? Launch fighters/air superiority birds from a flying stealth platform?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Hmmmm...flying stealth carrier? That sound familiar.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Well, I'm thinking of something more practical than the one from "The Avengers". A platform that doesn't need to sail on the surface of the water at all. I know the concept has been toyed with in the past -- but has any headway actually been made with the idea?

What if you could artificially create a cloud that contained particulate matter to scatter radar? It could "hide" inside it's own cloud, among the clouds!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Alaska is even farther. The closest bases that might be safe are in Japan. China could be through North Korea, and into the South with almost no warning at all, hammering the bases in the South before most of our forces could blink. If they got North Korea to kick things off, it would go even faster.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am guessing you are referring to B#### N##### right?

a reply to: Astr0

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Zaphod58

What about our bases in S. Korea and Alaska? We theoretically could beef up some of the Aleutian Islands for a few squadrons.

What if we had some kind of super-stealthy air-based carrier? Launch fighters/air superiority birds from a flying stealth platform?

Stealth refuel platforms are more feasible. I have no doubt in my mind that they are actively being worked on.
Also possible would be a drone control mothership for UCAVs. That would take much of the fatigue factor out of the trans-Pacific hop to China.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

The problem is that they're probably at least a year away from a feasible A2A UCAV platform, minimum. Even with a mothership to reduce the control lag.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No! (Goes off to pout like a little kid)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I am guessing you are referring to B#### N#####right?

a reply to: Astr0

Shall we play hangman?

B#### N####N

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

May I buy a vowel? is there an "A" in there anywhere?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Nope, they may or may not be a Z though

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
RAF Brize Norton
edit on 6/24/2014 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Are there any Royals there?

So just to confirm, an airyplane was spotted over the penines that is a super secret stealth aircraft from america thay may have been based at BN even thought its more of a logistics hub for the RAF and not a shared UK / USAF base.

There is also another picture from a guy who has since passed that the RAF spent a fortune buying but may be available.

Want to see these pictures!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IamSirDrinksalot

Those pictures are long gone. They were of something else, other than this aircraft, but they've been destroyed.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
we may or may not have a winner
a reply to: weavty1

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is still the best picture we have as to what they will really look like

www.ainonline.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Interesting short read about the need for, and the Air Force's reluctance of a nuclear capable LSR-B:

www.airforcemag.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't think they *need* a nuke capable bomber, and it would be pointless to make one.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Unless the AF has something else in the pipeline to carry nukes into heavily contested airspace they are taking that aspect of the nuke triad out of the equation.
The B2 can carry them but they are in too low of numbers to make an difference if SHTF and B52's are not survivable in those environments.

The only other reason I can see for not wanting it to be nuke capable is if there was some other weapon available to it that would be as devastating as a nuke but not a nuke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join