It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "He Dog" Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I decided to post this after reading Alter-Ego's bigfoot post. This was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. A friend and I were the last men standing after a long night of partying, just beer. We were in a barn at my parents house which is across the street from a large cemetery. We were sitting on a couch chatting and laughing when there came a loud bang on the wall. It startled us both pretty good. We assumed it was someone who left earlier messing with us. I took off a boot and threw it back at the wall. Then we heard the sound of something BIG. It inhaled, you could tell it had huge lungs, then exhaled with a grumbling growl. It sounded like it was as big as an elephant
Whatever it was banged the wall again and then jumped on top of the barn! It covered the distance of the roof in three heavy stomps. My friend and I went into panicked self-defense mode. We grabbed the first weapons we could find. I had a longhorn skull and he had a golf club. We stood back to back ready to defend ourselves for several hours. I finally got the guts to go outside after the sun came up and found nothing. We had been listening to 'The Cult's' new album 'Ceremony' earlier. There is a song on it called 'Wonderland' that has the phrase "Earth God Mother, He Dog brother" chanting at the end. We just dubbed whatever it was the He Dog. In hindsight, after studying the subject, I think it is more rational to conclude that it was a sasquatch. The only other conclusion I can come up with is that a was a demon of some sort.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I decided to post this after reading Alter-Ego's bigfoot post. This was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced. A friend and I were the last men standing after a long night of partying, just beer. We were in a barn at my parents house which is across the street from a large cemetery. We were sitting on a couch chatting and laughing when there came a loud bang on the wall. It startled us both pretty good. We assumed it was someone who left earlier messing with us. I took off a boot and threw it back at the wall. Then we heard the sound of something BIG. It inhaled, you could tell it had huge lungs, then exhaled with a grumbling growl. It sounded like it was as big as an elephant
Whatever it was banged the wall again and then jumped on top of the barn! It covered the distance of the roof in three heavy stomps. My friend and I went into panicked self-defense mode. We grabbed the first weapons we could find. I had a longhorn skull and he had a golf club. We stood back to back ready to defend ourselves for several hours. I finally got the guts to go outside after the sun came up and found nothing. We had been listening to 'The Cult's' new album 'Ceremony' earlier. There is a song on it called 'Wonderland' that has the phrase "Earth God Mother, He Dog brother" chanting at the end. We just dubbed whatever it was the He Dog. In hindsight, after studying the subject, I think it is more rational to conclude that it was a sasquatch. The only other conclusion I can come up with is that a was a demon of some sort.

Sounds like a large cat chasing after an owl.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
wow that is crazy

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Are you in wildcat or cougar country? And were there any paw prints?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
There is no way this was a cat. There are cougars in the area, but this thing was big. I could hear the volume of its lungs when it inhaled. The area where it banged the wall it was at least 8 feet up. Seriously, the first thing that came to mind was an elephant. When it stomped across the roof, it was the sound of a bipedal. A quadruped would sound different unless it had an odd gait.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's really wild. When did this happen?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

That's really wild. When did this happen?

I believe it was in the summer of '91. I still hang out with the guy that experienced it with me.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That is a pretty wild one.
Good name - "He Dog".
Were you and your partner making quite a bit of noise (or listening to the music, loudly) just prior to the occurrence - or had the noise level subsided for a good while?

One would think that since He Dog didn't attempt (apparently) to find a way in...to EAT YOU...it might have been a territorial display.
... I don't know ...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What is more likely...........A big cat or bigfoot,demon.......It was a big cat and yes they can jump on the roof and also make a noise 8 feet off the ground.

Simple logic.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

What is more likely...........A big cat or bigfoot,demon.......It was a big cat and yes they can jump on the roof and also make a noise 8 feet off the ground.

Simple logic.

If you had heard this thing, simple logic would have told otherwise.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Makes me think of the large wolf sighting at Skinwalker Ranch; this is one telling of the story:

Skinwalker

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Good name - "He Dog".
Were you and your partner making quite a bit of noise (or listening to the music, loudly) just prior to the occurrence - or had the noise level subsided for a good while?

One would think that since He Dog didn't attempt (apparently) to find a way in...to EAT YOU...it might have been a territorial display.
... I don't know ...

Earlier in the night we were listening to loud music, but at time it happened it was quiet. A territorial warning sounds plausible. When I responded to the first bang on the wall with another loud bang I think it got angry. The property is surrounded by a large area of swampy woods.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: WanDash
Good name - "He Dog".

... I don't know ...

Earlier in the night we were listening to loud music, but at time it happened it was quiet. A territorial warning sounds plausible. When I responded to the first bang on the wall with another loud bang I think it got angry. The tone of its growl sounded like something that was ready to start pounding. The property is surrounded by a large area of swampy woods.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yeah, you said you were listening to that Cult album. I figured it might have been that year since it came out in 91. I have had some weird stuff happen to me too, I believe you.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Once one figures out that there are severely weird things that actually exist in this world, it only broadens the possibilities of what it could've been.

Pumas/cougars/mtn. lions make some surprisingly deep growls... they grab you by the short ones and the infrasound acts as a dandy laxative, and they sure could jump 8 ...or 30 feet... but I believe you when you negate that idea.

I have a family member (who is more sane than usual) who saw, with several friends, trees being bent and shaken by a huge invisible something in the TX woods, for instance.

So... who knows... and I'm glad that whatever it was didn't grab you guys and make you a statistic.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Pumas/cougars/mtn. lions make some surprisingly deep growls... they grab you by the short ones and the infrasound acts as a dandy laxative,

I was in the Ozark mountains, alone in the woods at night, and heard what sounded like an insane woman screaming. Scared the living bejeezus out of me. Turned out to be a bobcat.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I've heard that, too... but the worst was a group of coyotes at 3:00 a.m. close by when I was a kid... sounded exactly how I'd imagine ghouls with rotten vocal chords would sound, gibbering away along with insane women and kids... a bad way to awake, especially when you haven't heard it before.

The mtn. lion I heard (and saw) was in the middle of Tucson, AZ ... I was walking my dog late at night and something like a huge housecat jumped silently out of a garbage bin and melted up a palm tree... my g-f didn't really see it and went to "check it out" despite my warnings (and our dog's, who was straining on the leash toward the opposite direction).

She walked up to the palm tree and that low, rumbling roar that turned to a screech froze us all... we finally backed away and left it alone... but that tone is very effective at immobilizing prey.

top topics

join