It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Was the FBI Investigating Michael Hastings’ Reporting on Bowe Bergdahl?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Makes perfect sense. I was wondering why they killed him.

They didn't like his face...that's all it takes.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

I have said this from the start I believe this scum bag is a CIA agent. Or had knowledge of wrong doing inside the government.

Something is very wrong with this picture and PTB are trying to cover it up.......WHY. The mainstream media....Fox,CNN,MSNBC,CBS should do there jobs and find the facts. This story proves the media is government controlled and might as well merge into one mass. They could learn how to do it from the BBC or RT.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Proman

I was thinking that maybe he was "told" to desert. Maybe he had a tracker or something so the gov could locate them and keep an eye on what they were doing. Sort of like a spy..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I have said this from the start I believe this scum bag is a CIA agent. Or had knowledge of wrong doing inside the government.

Something is very wrong with this picture and PTB are trying to cover it up.......WHY. The mainstream media....Fox,CNN,MSNBC,CBS should do there jobs and find the facts. This story proves the media is government controlled and might as well merge into one mass. They could learn how to do it from the BBC or RT.

Are you referring to Bowe or Hastings having connections to the Agency?

Want another story proving media is government controlled? From 1977 even. Carl Bernstein, of Watergate investigation fame.

The CIA and the Media

After leaving The Washington Post in 1977, Carl Bernstein spent six months looking at the relationship of the CIA and the press during the Cold War years. His 25,000-word cover story, published in Rolling Stone on October 20, 1977, is reprinted below.

In 1953, Joseph Alsop, then one of America’s leading syndicated columnists, went to the Philippines to cover an election. He did not go because he was asked to do so by his syndicate. He did not go because he was asked to do so by the newspapers that printed his column. He went at the request of the CIA.

Alsop is one of more than 400 American journalists who in the past twenty‑five years have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. Some of these journalists’ relationships with the Agency were tacit; some were explicit. There was cooperation, accommodation and overlap. Journalists provided a full range of clandestine services—from simple intelligence gathering to serving as go‑betweens with spies in Communist countries. Reporters shared their notebooks with the CIA. Editors shared their staffs. Some of the journalists were Pulitzer Prize winners, distinguished reporters who considered themselves ambassadors without‑portfolio for their country.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: abe froman
Makes perfect sense. I was wondering why they killed him.

They didn't like his face...that's all it takes.

Publishing a story in 2010 that resulted in General McChrystal being recalled from leading all forces in Afghanistan, to Washington the very next day and turning in a resignation, due to "unflattering remarks about Vice President Joe Biden and other administration officials" probably didn't help Hastings make friends in high places either.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Let's try not to drift too far Off Topic , Please.

thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Hastings died in a car accident. There is no conspiracy here.

I heard on the news today that Berghdal was tortured by his captors. So much unknown yet, and people still continue to vilify this young man. I find it sickening some the things people are saying with absolutely no proof to back it up.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
pretty sure Bergdahl was an CIA or NSA asset who was ordered to "desert" so they could gather information on groups like the Haqqanis. It's the only thing that makes sense considering the fact that the White House knew he was a deserter. Hastings found out and was killed to avoid BB's cover being blown.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I think it is hard to argue that he didn't desert isn't it? Are you suggesting that he was kidnapped from the base and didn't walk out on his own?

I am not trying to add flames to the fire, but I am confused.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Thats the exact mentality they'd want you to have

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

I heard on the news today that Berghdal was tortured by his captors. So much unknown yet, and people still continue to vilify this young man. I find it sickening some the things people are saying with absolutely no proof to back it up.

I agree with the latter half of your comment...
I, however, find no justification for the former part.
How do you know..."There is no consipiracy here."?
Do you have some information the rest of us are not privy to?
Or, have you constructed a theory that adequately/roundly handles all the questions regarding the 'car accident'?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This video opened my eyes...
www.youtube.com...]

(post by xxCRM114xx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

ChiefD, had to chime in. How can you say there is absolutely no proof, do you mean proof that Berghdal deserted? There have been numerous soldiers who served with him, went looking for him, and all pretty much unanimously agree he deserted. There is an email from Berghdal to his parents lamenting his situation in Afghanistan and cursing the United States of America. His parents have said some pretty controversial things as well, that really raises a few red flags, at least for me.

In my opinion, he went rogue seeking the Taliban. Because for some reason, he believed them to be a benevolent and just people who would understand his position and accept him. That backfires... he is tortured as you stated, probably in horrific ways. He begins to realize that this isn't the lifestyle that he envisioned, so he makes a successful escape... yet no attempt to get back to his platoon or the base. The Taliban pick him up in a market place, and throw him into a cage for 5 days... He breaks (I would break halfway through day 1, just sayin) and makes his glorious conversion to a holy warrior of Islam.

This is my interpretation based on what I have read through reports and articles posted by numerous media outlets. I hope that you are not waiting for some government committee to divvy out the "proof" and "facts" for you. There are still a few scandals held up in the queue, so we might have to wait awhile till then.

OMG!!!! What if BERGHDAL is killed before he has a chance to speak out or conduct an interview... That would definitely make me a believer in Hastings murder/accident.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
a reply to: Diabolical

No to be offensive here but, I believe Walker was involved in an actual accident. A Porsche Carrera GT is not a vehicle to be toyed with. In a high performance MR drivetrain layout (engine behind passenger compartment - mid engine, rear drive) there is a phenomenon known as "lift-off oversteer." Meaning, if you lift off the accelerator while turning, weight will transfer forward causing a loss of traction to the drive wheels, making the rear end swing out wide and drift.

Lift oversteer doesn't happen to mid-engine cars, only the rear-engined 911 line. Mid-engine is the most stable layout that can be designed into a car.

Hah. Take it from a former professional racing driver. ANY car can have lift-off oversteer. Carerra GT's are notoriously twitchy cars. VERY quick round a track in the right hands, but absolutely dangerous in the wrong hands. The car is known among racers as a doctor killer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now getting back to Hastings' crash, I absolutely feel it was a rigged crash. The only two things you would need to do is control the throttle (every modern car is throttle by wire), and then blow the airbag once the car hits 100mph (or whatever speed you want). That gets his hands off the wheel long enough to lose control and hit something. It also disorients him immediately.

With a $5 module you can wirelessly hack any modern car, and Benz's have some of the most advanced controls on a modern car. Technically with a Benz, you could even steer the car remotely. Hastings was driving a brand new C-class, look at what you can do on a 10year old Benz:
www.youtube.com...

^ That's a 100% OEM car in test mode for the active suspension. Not some modified lowrider with hydraulics!

edit on 11-6-2014 by 8675309jenny because: Merged posts

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I'm glad you mentioned the "rigged accident" aspect. Here's a very intersesting mini-doc (12 min) on software vulnerabilities within modern vehicles.

"But if you don't have a risk of being assassainated, normally... Then you don't have a risk of someone hacking your car. If I just want to take you out, much easier to just shoot you." -Quote from linked video

Motherboard- How to Hack A Car

In this episode of Phreaked Out, we met some of the top security researchers at the center of the car-hacking world. Their goal isn't to make people crash: They highlight security holes to illustrate flaws in car technology, intended to pressure auto manufacturers to be a few steps ahead of their friendly foes.

Information security researcher Mathew Solnik gave us a first-hand demonstration on how to wirelessly send commands to a car and remotely tell it what to do. With a little over a grand and about a month of work, Solnik found time outside of his full-time job to reverse-engineer a car's computer system to make it ready for a takeover.

From his laptop, he was able to manipulate the car's engine, brakes, and security systems by wirelessly tapping into the Controller Area Network, or CAN bus network. Without getting too deep into the details—both for legal reasons and due to my own training-wheel knowledge of such things—he was able to do this by implementing some off-the-shelf chips, a third-party telematic control unit, a GSM-powered wireless transmitter/receiver setup, and a significant amount of know-how he's accrued over the years.

If this level of control is not classified, and available to the white-hat world... There's no telling what lurks beneath. I find the idea of the Loud Labs dashcam footage very suspect.

Perhaps this van was the command and control center, and dashcam was for proof of job done.
edit on 6112014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The murder of Michael Hastings was an absolute tragedy. He was one of the last real journalists around. A true patriot. He will continue to be missed. Here's a video dedicated to Michael and hopefully it will bring more attention to his murder. RIP Michael Hastings
m.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join