It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Love won today,"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Aaaaaand... Breaking... Pennsylvania's gay marriage ban bites the dust!

They're dropping like flies!

Source
edit on 5/20/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
thats because the people have, over decades...been skillfully manipulated into accepting ideas that were unnacceptable only a few decades ago.

Just because something was 'unacceptable' doesn't mean it was wrong. And as far as being 'skillfully manipulated into accepting ideas' that are wrong ... dude .... don't get me started ...

its interesting to see an entire nation destroy itself ....

Hate is what is destructive. How about you chew on that a while and think about it.

edit on 5/20/2014 by FlyersFan because: wording

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

The young people are what changed the course of the nation. This is why young people are notably absent from two groups religious and republicans. The republicans used the gay marriage issue to win in 2004, and what has followed is the backlash. Young people didn't believe the hype spewed by the gop machine and what the preachers were telling there congregation. So now when these leaders of people look out into there crowds they only see old bitter people looking back.

19 and counting
edit on 20-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
@flyersFan...''hate is what is destructive''............. yeah, the hatred of traditional marriage and family....destructive indeed.
edit on 20-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The young people are what changed the course of the nation. This is why young people are notably absent from two groups religious and republicans. g
er..... werent there young people in the nation a few decades ago, when same sex marriage wasnt allowed? These new attitudes are a recent development. It Has nothing to do with religion or republicans.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The young people are what changed the course of the nation. This is why young people are notably absent from two groups religious and republicans. g
er..... werent there young people in the nation a few decades ago, when same sex marriage wasnt allowed? These new attitudes are a recent development. It Has nothing to do with religion or republicans.

It has everything to do with religion. There is no logical reason as to why gays cannot marry. Is it because they cannot reproduce? If so then people who are sterile or people who choose not to have children shouldn't be allowed to marry as well.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

19 and counting

56 and counting.

@flyersFan...''hate is what is destructive''............. yeah, the hatred of traditional marriage and family...

I don't hate marriage between a man and a woman. I have been neck-deep in one for over 21 years and I'm LOVIN it! I came from a very traditional Christian family with 7 kids. I adore my family of origin and the one I've created with my husband. There is room for all sorts of marriages and families.

I think you're doing what's called "projecting". You hate, so you claim those who disagree with you are the haters... Look at the title of the thread. LOVE wins over hate, my friend.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What a wonderful world we live in when the people can vote on something and one person can make that a moot point.

What happens when the day comes when an elected official decides that he or she doesn't have to leave office even if the people have voted otherwise? Clearly, the people don't matter and this is part of what we are being set up to accept and support.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

This argument..

how does Same sex marriages bring the destructiveness of "Traditional Families"?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Question:

If the people voted that Guns not be allowed in a State, or that a State ban all Religion or even Heterosexual people you would be completely fine with that?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What a wonderful world we live in when the people can vote on something and one person can make that a moot point.

The Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution

The "supremacy clause" is the most important guarantor of national union. It assures that the Constitution and federal laws and treaties take precedence over state law and binds all judges to adhere to that principle in their courts.

When a state makes a law that violates the Constitution, it must be overturned. The Constitution rules. These gay marriage bans that the people voted in violate the Constitution.

Also, the people cannot vote to discriminate against a group of people. That is also against the Constitution.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

yeah, the hatred of traditional marriage and family....destructive indeed.

- People who call for marriage equality don't hate so called 'traditional marriage'.

- And since I know you hate atheists (you call them 'garbage') I'll add that atheists don't hate traditional marriage either.

- The only hate being shown in all this is the hate that the religious extremists are showing towards those people who don't believe the same things they do.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

yeah, the hatred of traditional marriage and family....destructive indeed.

-

- And since I know you hate atheists (you call them 'garbage')
refresh my memory. Post the link to the exact post where I called atheists ''garbage'' as you allege. Besides atheists have called theists even worse things but I think I'll save that for a different topic

The only hate being shown in all this is the hate that the religious extremists are showing towards those people who don't believe the same things they do.

I didn't show hate...just an opposing view. And once again its proven that people resort to emotionally charged language to silence the opposition. Anybody with an opposing view becomes a ''hater''. It really doesnt work and its getting old really.
edit on 21-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

refresh my memory. Post the link to the exact post where I called atheists ''garbage'' as you allege.

You called me a 'piece of garbage atheist' ... (and I'm not even atheist). It was deleted by the mods and you got hit with an off topic warning. It was around this time period in one of these threads. It could have been here You know you said it. That being said ... most of the people I know who favor marriage equality aren't atheists. But I figured I'd get in front of that before you started calling everyone who does 'atheists' ...

edit on 5/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: word 'most'

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Anybody with an opposing view becomes a ''hater''. It really doesnt work and its getting old really.

I didn't call you a hater. (I'm thinking it ... but I didn't say it). I didn't pull the 'hater' card. That's as ridiculous as people pulling the 'race' card and the 'god' card. What I said was that the only people showing hate are the intolerant religious extremists. They hate those who are homosexual and they hate what they do. Can you say those against marriage equality don't?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You called me a 'piece of garbage atheist' ... (and I'm not even atheist). It was deleted by the mods

haha. The mods deleted it? How very convenient!

Post the exact link or stop making up stories.

I'm sure you have a bunch of deleted posts as well... I too could just as easily claim you attacked me personally but that your post was deleted. Besides I would have never called a theist, no matter how wrong...an atheist.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Hey Flyers,

The only hate being shown in all this is the hate that the religious extremists are showing towards those people who don't believe the same things they do.

It sure doesn't seem that way to me, but I guess it depends to some degree on how one defines hate. I'm not denying that I see hatred in the words and actions of some Christians and Muslims towards homosexuals, but I also see plenty of hatred and contempt in the words and actions of atheists and homosexuals towards people of faith, Christians in particular. The evidence for this is abundant even just right here on ATS.

Can you say those against marriage equality don't?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm against gay marriage and I don't hate them. I wouldn't turn my back on a gay person that was hungry or thirsty or needed a hand fixing their lawn mower. I've eaten meals with gay people I consider to be friends and I've enjoyed the company of more than a few gay people throughout my life.

However, I couldn't attend a gay wedding in good conscience, though I might like to, nor can I support the legalization of homosexual marriages.

Does that make me a hater? I don't think it does based on any objective definition of "hate".

Now if I wanted to prevent homosexuals or atheists from owning and operating a business, if I wanted to take away their livelihood; the way they support and take care of themselves, just because they refused to service some Christian related function, that would be hate.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I didn't call you a hater. (I'm thinking it ... but I didn't say it).

You did say in reply to ME... "the only hate being shown in all this is the hate that the religious extremists are showing towards those people who don't believe the same things they do''

Thats laughable considering I wasn't even arguing from a religious P.O.V. I just posted my view that society has been manipulated into accepting the idea of same sex marriage.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I'm very glad that you're open to same-sex relationships and unions - it shows great maturity and self-confidence. It should be pointed out, however, that it's not a fact that marriage is a "religious contract between (two) individuals and the state".

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I didn't call you a hater. (I'm thinking it ... but I didn't say it).

You did say in reply to ME... "the only hate being shown in all this is the hate that the religious extremists are showing towards those people who don't believe the same things they do''

Thats laughable considering I wasn't even arguing from a religious P.O.V. I just posted my view that society has been manipulated into accepting the idea of same sex marriage.

I'd think having gay sons and daughters and cousins and brothers and sisters and uncles and aunts and even mothers and fathers, would have also affected society's acceptance of same-sex marriage more than any alleged 'manipulation'.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join