It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie's Cousin (?) Caught on Camera in Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This video shows what appears to be a large sea monster swimming through Lough Foyle in Ireland.
Does Ireland have a Loch ness of their own ? Does Nessie have a cousin?

University student Conall Melarkey caught this strange unidentified creature on camera while he was filming for a school project.

www.foxnews.com...

For lovers of the paranormal who've grown weary of waiting for the Loch Ness monster to reappear, here's a new "monster" to feast your eyes upon.

Three college students were filming a short movie as a class project at Lough Foyle, a large tidal estuary in County Donegal, Ireland, when something very odd moved through the water in front of them, UPI reports.

"Looks like we have our own Loch Ness monster!" Conall Melarkey, a student at North West Regional College in Derry, Ireland, wrote in his posting of the video clip to YouTube. [Loch Ness, Chupacabra & More: Our 10 Favorite Monsters]

"I have absolutely no idea what it is, but it looked amazing!" Melarkey wrote.

edit on 2-6-2014 by Kandinsky because: title typo

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I call fake simply because the guy is fishing in a sport jacket. Who does that? lol.

Neat video though. Its hard to tell what that is, but there is definitely something there. From what I can see, that might just be a large(and i do mean large) fish, or some kind of whale.

Hard to tell, but neat regardless.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

This was posted on ATS awhile back. I remember people saying it was fake because the one guy in the boat was wearing a suit. If I remember correctly, they were out there filming for a movie and that is why the one guy is wearing a suit (it was part of his wardrobe for his character). The guys who took the footage claim it's authentic.

It definitely is not CGI, so if they faked it they went to great lengths to do so. I think it's authentic, and it's probably a whale since the body of water they were filming in is open to the atlantic ocean.

What do you think it is?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a fairly old video.
There were previous threads on ATS about it. I remember because so many people commented regarding the choice of clothing to wear while fishing.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Fake video. Notice the date on the Fox News article is "May of 2013", over a year old. I find it suspicious that the video is newly posted as of today, then this thread pops up as of today.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dunno. Looks pretty big from the wake it's creating..
Capt. nemo? Hagbard Celine?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There were previous threads on ATS about it.

Here it is from last year.
Large Creature filmed in HD in Irish Lake

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
I call fake simply because the guy is fishing in a sport jacket. Who does that? lol.

This is the first thing anyone says about this clip whenever it's posted. They were on site shooting a movie / student film or something.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_
Fake video. Notice the date on the Fox News article is "May of 2013", over a year old. I find it suspicious that the video is newly posted as of today, then this thread pops up as of today.

Synchronicity???! That IS odd!! I did a search, but nothing came up.
I first saw the article on face book. Said it was written May 17th so I thought it had just happened.

Well, I hadn't heard this yet, so there may be others that haven't either.

edit on 5/17/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

Well, that comment was for the laughs. That was not a serious comment. You should be able to tell that if you read the rest of my post.

BTW, I hope that didn't sound to stand-offish. I just don't want to be called a "de-bunker" X D

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Actually I remember that video was posted here before, debunked so fast that many didn't noticed it. I remember it because someone noticed how elegant Irish fishers dress.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Actually I remember that video was posted here before, debunked so fast that many didn't noticed it. I remember it because someone noticed how elegant Irish fishers dress.

It wasn't debunked, and that point was explained. Do people even bother reading before they stamp things with the "HOAX" label?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Conall Melarkey?

Think about the name.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Yeah, you are right. It was some time ago, I couldn't remember the details. Kind of threads that damage ATS.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

Conall Melarkey?

Think about the name.

Well if you think it's fake I'd certainly like to know how you feel they did it. It's NOT CGI, as I can usually spot CGI a mile away since I work with the software quite frequently.

I think there is a perfectly reasonable explanation since the body of water they were filming in is directly connected to the Atlantic Ocean. It could very well be a whale.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That it was already posted in May of last year is correct. Anyway such a ragbag of an object resembles just that, a ragbag or something similar like an overcoat. The speed and wake are just relative, all it would take is a winch or a fishing line and a bit of trapped air to make the effect in a limited panorama. The Guy, ( Conall Melarkey) in the surname is almost aptly named as a messing about.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Having the name Conall Melarkey and not being accused of perpetrating a hoax is like being named Seymor Butts and not being accused of being a peeping Tom

Or I.P. Freely and defending yourself against public urination charges.

Just unfortunate for those guys I guess.

edit on 17-5-2014 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The space pic is my favorite if u can see it from space it big

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all I am always a bit skeptical whenever something is captured on film during the shooting of a movie, especially a student film. I have seen this on multiple occasions with bigfoot hoaxes, so I just thought I would bring that up. But even if there is something natural in the water, an animal, who says it must be a sea monster or whatever? I am relatively certain that this lake connects to the Atlantic Ocean, therefore it could be a number of different things. There are plenty of large and strange-looking animals in the ocean.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well if it is a hoax of some kind they did a good job of it. Whatever was in the water was moving pretty fast and would cause a huge drag if it was being pulled or pushed by anything manmade.

What movie were they filming??? Godzilla!!! That would explain some things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join