It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MERS makes first U.S. appearance, in Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It's been reported that the first case of MERS in the U.S. has happened. The patient is a male and had just returned from guess where? The Middle East. The male flew to London and from there to Chicago. From there he took a bus to Indiana. These places have been potentially exposed to the virus and let's not forget the people he came in contact with and it's probably spreading right at this moment. They've already traced the source to camels. I'll put a link to the article below and wrote this bc I want my fellow ATS members to know about this if you already didn't. Also keep in mind MERS doesn't spread fast from human to human. The CDC doesn't know how it spreads from person to person.

MERS has finally reached the U.S.A.(potentially London)

edit on 5/3/2014 by semperfortis because: exact headline

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The good news is that it is NOT easily spread from human to human.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjumpman

Apparently the virus possess a very low risk to the general public. I don't know about that Spanish flu was responsible for rather a few mortality's.

edit on 3-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hi Mjumpman , you really should add some of your own thoughts and comments about the subject you are posting about when making a thread.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No need to panic just yet - or encourage the snake oil salesmen. But the truth is, a host of deadly diseases are just a plane ride away - and they're everyone's problem. This MERS case is another reminder.

MERS Watch

MERS appeared in 2012. Camels are known to have harbored the virus for decades. But nobody knows why MERS is suddenly infecting humans. Why now? What happened? New cases do NOT come from camels, but result from human-to-human transmission, mainly in hospitals. Does modern medicine somehow inhibit our immune response? Block our natural immunities? …Nobody knows. Or maybe, nobody's talking.

new topics

top topics

join