It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Byron Smith gets life sentence for murdering Little Falls teens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OK I found the new audio link - it appears the website deleted the short audio and replaced it with almost 30 minutes worth, which I assume contains what we heard in my previous link plus all the rest.

Here is the new link.....again, GRAPHIC WARNING:

NEW LINK to audio from Byron Smiths house the night of the shootings...

I have also updated my original post with the new link.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I, also, found a link to what appears to be all available audio tapes pertaining to the trial

State vs Byron David Smith

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

I, also, found a link to what appears to be all available audio tapes pertaining to the trial

State vs Byron David Smith

28 minutes into the second link on that page, the one titled Audio from Byron Smith's First Statement, Part One, Smith describes the execution shot to the girls head. It is chilling to say the least.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Smith describes the execution shot to the girls head. It is chilling to say the least.

I don't think I'll be listening to any more of the tapes; not anytime soon, at least. The written transcript was bad enough. The actual audio is heart-wrenching.

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

That's completely fair, I am listening to the 30 minute audio clip from inside his house at the moment and my heart is racing. It is not for everyone that's for sure.

The more I listen though, the more I really hope Smith's time in prison is as miserable as possible.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have a question regarding this case:

Wouldn't premeditated indicate that it was those 2 particular people he wanted to kill?

I ask because, in one of his statements, he indicated he thought the girl was a particular neighbor's daughter and "the whole family" was "in on it".

J

edit on 4/30/2014 by LadyJae because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

No, the premeditated part is where he set up the scene ready for the intruders. The moving of the vehicle, the tarp at the bottom of the stairs, the chair set up with guns, water, food and a novel - it all points to premeditation.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Thank you, Kryties. You taught me something

I thought premeditated murder was when one conspired to murder particular persons.

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Come in my house you get a warning shot, then you wear the magazine in your person, you came into my house to receive. Personal opinion the little P.O.S teens got exactly what they came for, and Bryon Smith did his community a favor in relieving the town of two useless career criminals.

The only difference now that this case is out, id finish the P.O.S teens off at a distance and keep my mouth shut while firing the last shells. Since this case has now set precedents, on how you can protect your person and property from repeated incidents of crime.

Let it now be a lesson don't shoot to harm at first shoot to kill blow there damn heads off with the first few shots try to leave some in the chamber or mag to not show lack of control. Because when a day comes that you cannot protect yourself from those who choose to repeatedly do you harm then we have truly lost.

May this man have acted different? quite likely, had it been you? Would you have?

Myself..... no these punk teen P.O.S would still leave dead in a body had it been me, but now at least we all know how to do it properly and not face the wrath of the law for protecting ourselves and community....

SaneThinking

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

May this man have acted different? quite likely, had it been you? Would you have?

To quote myself

I respectfully submit that there is not one among us who can say unequivocally what we will or will not do in a situation until we are actually in that situation.

I like to think that I could have handled the situation with more mercy. But that's just it: I like to think I would; I can't say with certainty that mercy will play a part in every situation I face.

I can only hope I'm never put into that situation.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, SaneThinking.

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

It's that precise type of thinking that got Byron Smith a life sentence with no parole.

Byron Smith was a monster, not a homeowner defending himself. If he hadn't have set up the scene and also put execution shots into both their heads followed by not calling the police immediately then he would be walking free and being honored for having "stood his ground". Instead, he decided that he would lure them into the house deliberately and execute them.

Byron Smith deserves exactly what he got and I hope the miserable monster rots in his prison cell.

originally posted by: SaneThinking

The only difference now that this case is out, id finish the P.O.S teens off at a distance and keep my mouth shut while firing the last shells. Since this case has now set precedents, on how you can protect your person and property from repeated incidents of crime.

Let it now be a lesson don't shoot to harm at first shoot to kill blow there damn heads off with the first few shots try to leave some in the chamber or mag to not show lack of control.

It's almost as chilling reading this as it was listening to the audio of the actual killings. Are you seriously finding legal ways you can get away with killing people? You sound like you are salivating at the thought of it.
edit on 30/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This was, and is, a very divisive case. This sort of case always brings passionate people to the discussion.

I, again, ask that we keep this a true discussion.

J

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good... I am all for shooting a person if it is needed but against hunting people like animals.

IMO he got what he deserved and justice has been served.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgedesired
I am all for shooting a person if it is needed but against hunting people like animals.

justice has been served.

I agree. Thank you for commenting, knowledge

J
edit on 4/30/2014 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That was really intense. Too intense.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, in fact it's now been some hours and the girls screams are still in my head.

How anyone could defend this monster Byron Smith is beyond comprehension.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The neighbor hood is safer for his actions.
Yes he did premeditate but teh end result was a good thing

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is a news video that has an animated recreation video of the murders, just to give people some perspective of what we hear in the audio....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
The neighbor hood is safer for his actions.
Yes he did premeditate but teh end result was a good thing

And that attitude is why he is spending the rest of his life in a prison cell.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I don't want this one incedent to strip homeowners of their right to protect themselves against intruders.
They are looking for any way to disarm us.

Histically governments have disarmed people just before they do something very very bad to them.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join