It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops raid wrong apartment, "hog tie" 75yo grandmother.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
The fastest way to change this is to abuse their own system. Anonymous tips on journalists, politicians, local selectmen and businessmen, schoolteachers, other cops etc....

Actually this is already happening and the State governments don't know how to handle it, except to bill the "prank tipsters" after the fact and sentence them to Federal prison terms. Who knows how many are operating successfully undetected:

news.yahoo.com...

www.wired.com...

Its obvious all these Law Enforcement agencies and police departments need to go back to basics and doing more "stake out" type operations because what they are doing is not working legally, fiscally or operationally. Fact is their heads are so far up their butts, they can't even sort out prank calls without burning up public funds & budgets in the process
edit on 24-4-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

The problem with those crank SWATters is they're targeting other moron kids and celebrities so the targets arent of the right profile to instigate a change.

They're also using specific threats and details which puts all the blame on them. A tip-line call needs to be sincerely concerned but purposefully vague like the morons who call in a guy with an umbrella as "i think I saw somebody with a gun walking around the building."

That way you're just doing your civic duty as per "see something, say something" and rather than a malicious prankster you're an American hero. Give just enough vague info that they come to the conclusion by themselves that sending in a SWAT team is the best course of action.

It's not hard to make an already hyper-paranoid system jump off the deep end and come to ridiculous conclusions.
edit on 24-4-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: acacko
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hog Tie?

with lies like that you're losing credibility fast...

read the article -> "handcuffed with a zip tie"

LOL. Read the article yourself. OP used the exact title to the article, as required, and if you (ahem) read the article, you would have seen this in the opening paragraph.

"So naturally her apartment was raided in the middle of the night and she was hog tied while police sorted things out."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

The problem with those crank SWATters is they're targeting other moron kids and celebrities so the targets arent of the right profile to instigate a change.

It's not hard to make an already hyper-paranoid system jump off the deep end and come to ridiculous conclusions.

They have already done this too, you mean SWAT shooting a mayor's 2 dogs isn't high profile enough?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

A officer(s) that break into my home without a legal warrant will be shot on site.

This is not a threat, I state a promise.

If I have to be an example of what to do to start constitutional protection, so be it. I will not be treated as Jews once were.

Take it as you will. Bet you she owns a gun now!
edit on 24-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The custom of masking the pigs is part of the intimidation factor....you cant recognize your assailants in court....

they are hiding behind those black masks to obfuscate their identities and throw fear into their victims.

One out of two isn't too bad, Stir. Star.
Individually suing for false arrest would be the last of their worries
if my nest got tossed...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
The only way to stop this is for her to get the best lawyer in the country to sue the police department into oblivion.

When cities start being bankrupted because of lawsuits they will change things.

Otherwise nothing will ever change.

You're assuming the court system actually WORKS. And further assuming that the judge won't side with the state or municipality and try to throw out the lawsuit as frivolous. Or worse, reward the plaintiff $1.00 instead of $100,000 (or whatever the number is).

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Unfortunately no. Nothing substantial ever came of that incident. Every attempt at reform was met with brick wall refusal.

The effort has to be sustained and national. One mayor in one town is nothing as far as the country is concerned.

Several mayors across 40 or more states. Then the situation will get some attention.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

A officer(s) that break into my home without a legal warrant will be shot on site.

They had a legal warrant. Death row is waiting for you. That is if you make it there alive-which is doubtful.

You people and your empty threats quite comical.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

Ending up dead is the likely outcome though the other option is a possibility:

28-year-old Henry Magee is no longer charged in the shooting death of Burleson County Sheriff's Deputy Adam Sowders.

A grand jury decided there wasn't enough evidence for him to stand trial on the capital murder charge.

McGee admitted to shooting Sowders before sunrise on December 19th while the deputy and other investigators were serving a no knock search warrant for drugs at McGee's mobile home near Snook.
link

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spooky24
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

They had a legal warrant. Death row is waiting for you. That is if you make it there alive-which is doubtful.

You people and your empty threats quite comical.

Your close-mindedness is comical to me

Back when I was a teen a Local Cop went around the Law to come after me, illegally broke into my dad's house after me (not in a chase) when the cop was the garage trying to pry info from me. My dad pulled up, and explained to the cop he was in the wrong and was going to be shot if he doesn't leave.

He told the cop he was going inside to retrieve his pistol out of the safe and if he was still on the property he would be shot. After calling the chief of police, my father was apologized to, and was reassured it would not happen again and the cop will be dealt with.

its a little different where I lived as a teen. if you like to be bullied, conform all you want.

I will not listen to pure stupidity. Just last year I had a run-into while heavily armed in the woods, and everything turn out fine.

I said promise, people like you that can't read, I try not to waste my time with.

Re-read my post, and try again.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

Just so you know. Two of my best friends are Alaska State Troopers. My moose and bear hunting partners.

I think that where I learn some of my rights I didn't know, come from their extensive training. These friends of mine got me back into owning firearms, re-loading, etc.

I do not think they would lead me on for death row.

My statement is still said in stone. As for my LEO friends; they as LEO's if it happened to them, they would do the same thing.

Absolutely nothing wrong with defending your home from a intruder.....thug, ex, stalker, kidnapper, and especially police.
I do not live in a police state, so with that said. I think your comment is moot from my perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join