It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural selection has stopped for the human race.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Humans have a long history of genocide.
Based on tribes..
Based on race...
Based on religions..
And based on genetics!!

Since the dawn of mankind man has had the tendency to see their group as superior to the other for one reason or another and then proceed to justify enslavement, oppression, or just downright murder!
Maybe it is the compassion that will jump us into the next phase of evolution?
It bridges a gap and allows you to get a little closer to those who you feel are below you! And in the process you just may find that in some ways they are way above you! And then maybe just maybe you might discover something amazing!! Like everything you encounter today is there to teach you!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The architecture of the human brain is the same for everybody and even though the size varies from person to person we all still have the same possibility to become what people recognize as smart and very intelligent beings. It’s just a matter what kind of information we put into the system . Some people are more aware of what kind of information they seek out and want the brain to be filled with, while others are more or less uninterested what kind of information they allow their brains to be fed with. Herein lies the difference. The latter will probably develop a less efficient (smart) brain.

The architecture of the brain and the hard coded system that operates it has a limit of how smart people actually can be. It’s hardware that sets this limit. We can approach this limit by seeking out and fill our brains with the right type of information. In this way the ‘Me’ and the ‘Self’ will automatically evolve, but in the end we will all reach the limit.

IQ tests almost always uses time to measure intelligence. They do this by seeing how fast the ‘Me’ and the ‘self’ as a whole, manage to resolve a series of challenges or tasks. Thus they are only measuring the brains response time.

But is a brain with faster response time smarter than a brain with slower response time? The answer to this is no, because there are brains with slow response time that needs to chew on a problem for days before it eventually comes up with a brilliant answer. The brains with a faster response time is more efficient though, but even though it gives you answers faster, the brilliance and quality of the answers does not have to be better than the brain that needed to chew on the solution for a while.

A brain with a fast response time, will however always stand up as the most superior brain though, because that’s what we are told is the sign of how superior intelligence works, and in public a fast brain always makes a good impression.

The response time is dependent on a lot of things, and there is a lot of things we can do to improve it by improving our consciousness, but whatever we do manage to improve , the hardware limits are still fixed. Even though intelligence always has been valued as the most precious thing a human being can possess, intelligence mostly comes by the cost of happiness. Thus when something increases, something always decreases.

So will mankind eventually evolve and get smarter in time? No they won’t. If that is going to happen we need to grow a larger brain and a new and enhanced version of the brains current operating system. We are talking about a total change in the brains configuration. We are thus probably talking about a total replacement of lots of existing genes and probably some genes that needs to be added as well. If evolution and mutation can fix that over time I surely would have been impressed.

edit on 22-4-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

I like money, though.

Got electrolytes?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
the formal name of our solar system is Sol and has been for a long time.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech
that's the name of our sun

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

if our solar system has a proper name then it is The Solar System.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The solar system is named after the sun, genius. Just like every other solar system in the known galaxy is named after its sun.
edit on 22-4-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2014 by V22tech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
This may not be the article I was looking for but it has been reported the human genome has changed around 7% in the last 5000 years.. Medical advances allowing people who should have died at birth to survive and pass on their genes coupled with access to food and clean water has no doubt made changes in our immune systems.. With 7 billion people (and growing) plus all the interracial marriages I would assume our genetic make-up will continue to change and evolve.
www.reuters.com/.../us-evolution-human-idUSN1043228620071210

(Reuters) - Human evolution has been moving at breakneck speed in the past several thousand years, far from plodding along as some scientists had thought, researchers said on Monday.

In fact, people today are genetically more different from people living 5,000 years ago than those humans were different from the Neanderthals who vanished 30,000 years ago, according to anthropologist John Hawks of the University of Wisconsin.

The genetic changes have related to numerous different human characteristics, the researchers said.

Beneficial genetic changes have appeared at a rate roughly 100 times higher in the past 5,000 years than at any previous period of human evolution, the researchers determined. They added that about 7 percent of human genes are undergoing rapid, relatively recent evolution.

I can't believe no one even responded to you!! I searched the 7% change in the genome in the last 5,000 years (which I saw on a recent program...not sure which) also and this is where the search brought me. Probably because of your post.... This is an extremely interesting find in my opinion. WHY is this occurring??? I would be extremely interested in hearing theories as to why....

(1) Here is an obvious one if you believe in Alien abduction....according to abductees the aliens seem to concentrate in reproductive areas...taking sperm samples, eggs, removing 3 month old fetuses etc. Are they engineering us for some reason? What is their agenda?

(2) John Hawks is full of it and has no real basis to make such a claim.

(3) Other species are undergoing rapid genetic change as well due to "natural" causes and we simply havn't looked for such changes and are therefore unaware of them.

(4) Our ability (as you mentioned) to increase our survival rate due to increased access to "health care", food, clean water etc has widened the gene pool.
* However, the claim that "Beneficial" changes have occurred at a rate 100X more rapidly would tend to negate this theory.

edit on 27-4-2014 by csgt428 because: additions

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join