It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmates strike in Alabama, declare prison is “running a slave empire”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
First off you don't go to prison unless you mess up bad. A lot of stories on news say prison but is jail.

watch 48 hours. anybody that kills somebody to get drug money should be locked up for life.
I think we should put sea containers in their yard. Put them in and weld the door shut.

How much violence occurs in the yard? how dangerous is it to move prisoners? stack sea containers up and weld them in.

You have all seen the shows, they don't need a yard to exercise. they need the yard to propagate violence.

fill the yard with sea containers. Lock them in. weld them in. When the ACLU shows up, put him in a room with three or four of the rival gang members.
He will leave or die.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
First off you don't go to prison unless you mess up bad. A lot of stories on news say prison but is jail.

watch 48 hours. anybody that kills somebody to get drug money should be locked up for life.
I think we should put sea containers in their yard. Put them in and weld the door shut.

How much violence occurs in the yard? how dangerous is it to move prisoners? stack sea containers up and weld them in.

You have all seen the shows, they don't need a yard to exercise. they need the yard to propagate violence.

fill the yard with sea containers. Lock them in. weld them in. When the ACLU shows up, put him in a room with three or four of the rival gang members.

He will leave or die.

Kinda missing the point of the OP aren't ya?

First off the violent ones you are talking about NEVER get the opportunity to leave their cells to work even if they wanted to!

This is about private Corporations that house non violent offenders and force them to work for free! Not only does this private Corporation get paid by the STATE, but they also rake in profits from the "Slave Labor" they use to turn out product to be sold in the free market!!!!

Now we all have heard the outcry of how CHINA treats it's slave labor right?

So then just how is the United States any better when they turn their prison system over to a Corporation?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Bassago, in some states it is getting easier and easier to end up in prison, more than likely on purpose, and you don't even necessarily have to do anything wrong.

I am not joking. The situation is dangerous - don't let it hit you before you realize it, it is too late. Once you are in the prison, you will not be getting out, even you did nothing wrong and corruption got you there. There is no defense, the public defender will not defend you properly, and you would have to be lucky to have enough to hire a real defense attorney.

In Idaho, for example, my friend had a court date that was changed on him without notice, and when he showed up for his scheduled court date, it was an automatic fine and 30 days in jail because he had a bench warrant.

No, there wasn't anything I'm missing, I was a room-mate of his at the time, and made sure we were on top of everything that was going on -

So he had another court date scheduled, and we showed up, and there wasn't one again - so I talked to the County Clerk in person, who told me that there had never been one scheduled, and that all he had to do was pay a fine over at a private collection agency.

Then guess what, the police come knocking on our door two months later to arrest him, sending him to jail again, giving him more fees.

This is a very true story. I even got affected because when the police came into our house, they woke me up 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning and asked to search my room, which I let them do, and they found some old contraband that I hadn't been using for a while - and they used tricky wording to circumvent my constitutional rights -

you have to be up-to-date on the latest how-to get out of a police raid tips these days, because more than likely you are doing something wrong and don't even realize it. You could end up in prison, this isn't just a prison system for criminals, this is a prison system for whoever gets caught up on the wrong side of bureaucracy.

There was a warning issued for the U.S. that said that a while back - even if you think you are doing nothing wrong, you probably are, so you need to keep the police as far away from you as possible.

Because of the legal system corruption in Idaho, I almost got up to 5 years in prison because Idaho laws are insane. But I got a lawyer and we found out that the police were corrupt, the police even tried to hide their police report from the file for discovery, and "lost" their audio recording of the search of the house.

I'm not joking, this is not something where "Oh, I am doing nothing wrong, I won't be a prison slave" comes into effect. This is a, if they can get you into prison, they will, game.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:13:15 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

you don't even necessarily have to do anything wrong, I am not joking. The situation is dangerous - don't let it hit you before you realize it, it is too late.

You are exactly right about that, the US has become dangerous due to the police state - prison industrial complex. I've had personal experience with this more than once, one time from the feds. They finally admitted their mistake but I didn't even get an apology for being pulled out of my home at 2:00 AM.

Yep, dangerous with a capitol "D."

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I have had another friend who has been visited by the feds before as well because of the nature of his legitimate, as in 100% legal, business. But the neighbors called the F.B.I. on him because they thought he was a terrorist. And he was lucky he was able to talk his way out of it.

Besides the normal charges, which were false, what if he had said or done something incriminating during the interrogation procedures?

I can personally guarantee that my friend, once again, was doing nothing wrong. What he does is he buys pieces of depleted uranium from junkyards and uses it in order to make Geiger counter calibration vials for scientists, lab workers and professors.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:16:25 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Quote from the OP article -

“They’re incarcerating people for the free labor.” -

No. They are incarcerating people who break the law and then those people are working to pay back their debt to society.

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.
edit on 4/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Everything in this country revolves around profit. We are the greediest nation on earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Total bull#, if you have been paying attention. I have personal stories from my friends and I where this is not the case.

I will even find you a link. I think the point that you are missing is that

1) The legal system is being manipulated to make it easier for non-violent "criminals" to be placed in prison
2) Anyone can be placed in prison. I bet you have even done something illegal that could get you in prison.
3) The legal system itself is corrupt (which I know for a fact from multiple personal sources) and does not guarantee constitutional rights or hold up its side of the bargain.

It is a legitimately scary book—369 pages of insight on the many ways police officers profile and harass the people on their beat in an effort to rack up as many arrests as possible.

"Law enforcement officers now are part of the revenue gathering system," Carson tells me in a phone interview. "The ranks of cops are young and competitive, they’re in competition with one another and intra-departmentally. It becomes a game. Policing isn’t about keeping streets safe, it’s about statistical success. The question for them is, Who can put the most people in jail?"

An Ex-Cop's Guide to Not Getting Arrested

There you go, and there are more links where that came from, because it is the reality. Prove me wrong, FlyersFan.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:22:46 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

No. They are incarcerating people who break the law and then those people are working to pay back their debt to society.

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.

We are talking about "PRIVATE FOR PROFIT CORPORATE RUN PRISONS"!

If they were State run prisons, then the money and whatever profits made would go back to the STATE (Taxpayers)!

What part of that are you not understanding?

In 2011, Alabama’s Department of Agriculture reportedly discussed using inmates to replace immigrants for agricultural work; in 2012, the state Senate passed a bill to let private businesses employ prison labor.

Perhaps I misspoke about it being a Corporate run prison, but the fact remains, that the state is allowing Corporations to use prisoners as slave labor!

How is that any damn different than China using people as slaves for cheap labor?????
edit on 19-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Total bull#, if you have been paying attention....

You guys are funny. Really. But like I said ... flame away. Enjoy yourselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Did you look at the link I sourced? Are you going to dispute evidence? Where is your evidence? I'll gladly get into a debate with you about this... give me a second to grab some tea.

My premise is that because the prison-industrial complex produces a profit, it is in the best interest of those involved, including politicians, to arrest as many people as possible.

I even have personal contacts in Idaho who know that this is how their prison system is run - it was even investigated by the Federal Government because of it, and almost shut down. I'm sure other states follow suit.

So in addition to personal contacts who have been affected, I have professional contacts both involved in the corruption and against it. I also have links, because multiple news stories on this have been covered in many different cases.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:29:33 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I live in a town with more than a couple of prisons. One thing I know for certain: not just bad people go to prison.

Look at Cameron Willingham. He did nothing wrong and was executed.

The system is such that I have little faith in the result of "justice".

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

They are incarcerating people who break the law and then those people are working to pay back their debt to society.

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.

Not only for breaking the law, there's profit to be made now and if I recall some judges have already been caught funneling new "criminals" into the PIC. All for a kickback of course.

Honestly hope you never see this side of the US (in)justice system but nowadays that is a toss-up. If you do you will be shocked I'm sure.

ETA - Just for you

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i highly reccommend you watch the docu movie "corperation"... it will tell you all about what the emancipation proclimation really meant.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is another link on why you should not talk to the police, even if you are innocent:

Don't Talk to the Cops
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:43:05 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)
(Lecture by a Defense Attorney)
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:43:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.

Also - I wish that were the case, but it is clearly not. As evidenced by the N.S.A. scandals and many others, the law enforcement agencies are not holding up their end of the deal on following the law, therefore making many of the arrests illegitimate.

As I said, in other cases, the laws for commoners are set up so that you can get arrested even if you are not aware you are doing anything wrong. In other cases, there is corruption going on to directly increase incarceration counts and therefore profits.

In the end, another good point (which I never thought of before) is that the "criminals" are hardly repaying their debt to society - but to corporations to whom they owe nothing.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Honestly hope you never see this side of the US (in)justice system but nowadays that is a toss-up. If you do you will be shocked I'm sure.

ETA - Just for you

I dunno, that's kind of what I am thinking as well, the justice system is not really set up at the moment in a way that FlyersFan would necessarily be free from ending up in prison him / herself on corrupt charges. If FlyersFan ends up in that kind of situation, she might panic -

I did. It is similar to the Economic Crisis, it affects everyone, even people who think that "It can't hurt me if I didn't do anything wrong" because profit is non-discriminatory, unlike justice.

Thinking that doing something wrong is related to ending up in the prison industrial complex is a seriously flawed premise, am I not correct? That's what it comes down to, that's the reality.
edit on 19pmSat, 19 Apr 2014 17:49:00 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

They are incarcerating people who break the law and then those people are working to pay back their debt to society.

ETA ... FLAME AWAY.

Not only for breaking the law, there's profit to be made now and if I recall some judges have already been caught funneling new "criminals" into the PIC. All for a kickback of course.

ETA - Just for you

Flyersfan knows damn well what you are talking about!

Ask her about the judge that just went to prison for funneling children into the prison system in her neck of the woods!

The nonprofit Juvenile Law Center in Philadelphia said Phillip is one of at least 5,000 children over the past five years who appeared before former Luzerne County President Judge Mark Ciavarella.

Ciavarella pleaded guilty earlier this month to federal criminal charges of fraud and other tax charges, according to the U.S. attorney's office. Former Luzerne County Senior Judge Michael Conahan also pleaded guilty to the same charges. The two secretly received more than $2.6 million, prosecutors said.

The judges have been disbarred and have resigned from their elected positions. They agreed to serve 87 months in prison under their plea deals. Ciavarella and Conahan did not return calls, and their attorneys told CNN that they have no comment.

Pennsylvania rocked by 'jailing kids for cash' scandal

I suppose these kids deserved what they got?

If they are doing it to our youth, imagine what they are doing to adults! AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!
edit on 19-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Cry me a river. They incarcerate people for crimes. The reason they work is they earn a very small amount of money to put in an account and then they have it to buy things such as toiletries. The other part of their work is to help support themselves while they are in there.

As it should be because the taxpayers should not have to foot the bill for criminals. Even worse the incarcerated criminals who are also illegal immigrants who commit all sorts of crime here. Inmates have too many rights as convicted felons, for instance access to free libraries and lawsuits for things that don't suit them. I remember once a friend of mine worked as a corrections officer and they had lawsuits for all sorts of things. One filed one because he couldn't get crunchy peanutbutter and they only served creamy. F that. It's ridiculous and a waste of taxpayer money.

IMO, the child rapists and molesters should not even be in prison, they should be euthanized like a dog would be for harming a child. A dog many times knows no better, a person does.

Not feeling sorry for them at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: opal13

You created a post on August 9th of 2009 titled "Questin Regarding Military, Union Thugs and FEMA Camps"!

Now my question to you is, being that you brought that up then, why do you defend the incarcerations of people and allowing them to be used as slave labor now???

Just curious!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join