It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That looks like the one that was posted before, but they cut the end off. The very end said that it was a satire video.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So Zaph, it seems world events just keep getting hotter and hotter. Do you think the recent events in the Ukraine and Israel have pushed the "reveal" of this vehicle to sooner, rather than later?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It could be anything if it's breaking the sound barrier.

www.maniacworld.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
So Zaph, it seems world events just keep getting hotter and hotter. Do you think the recent events in the Ukraine and Israel have pushed the "reveal" of this vehicle to sooner, rather than later?

And other technologies, perhaps..

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

That's actually not necessarily going supersonic. It's called the Prandtl-Glauert singularity, and it happens when there's a lot of humidity in the air, and the aircraft goes into the transonic range of speed.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

I was told that it was entirely possible that we'd see some muscle flexing going on, so we might see a couple more new technologies "accidentally" going over populated areas.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Does that actually make a difference in the grand scheme of things? It seems to me that certain countries would already be fairly aware of what we have going on and a new airframe (or 20 as it appears) wouldn't be a huge surprise or deterrent unless some new age tech was demonstrated. I would think we would want to hide our hand a little better. Or is it just showing SOME new capabilities.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Oh, seeing it, and knowing what it does are two totally different things. For example, the Amarillo sighting. Can you tell RCS from seeing it? What kind of EW system it has? How many weapons it carries? Its range or speed?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well I sure as bleep can't. That's what I'm wondering too. If they just get glimpses what's the point? If other countries just think it's an exotic airframe and are unaware of the fancy new stuff how is it really a muscle flex (that wasn't meant to sound snotty, I'm just too lazy to word it better)? Is it sort of like acknowledging we know they know and it actually flies?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Oh, there's a lot more than "just a glimpse" going on. What WE are getting is just a glimpse. The actual testing involved so much more than just flying it over Amarillo and letting them get a glimpse of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Flying this stuff around in the open for Russian sats to see is like saying, "we have this stuff and it's ready at a moments notice to kick your arse, it new and never before seen so you know it's the best of the best"
We (the civilian world) are lucky to be at the right place at the right time on occasion to get a glimpse of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

And I'm sure Russia and Chinas tacit response behind closed doors is.

"Oh Holy $ what is that!!!! Is it the X,Y, or Z?"
"NO We don't know what it is, cur. We know it's American but we don't know what it is. Damn it's sure looks sweet though."
"Can we build something like that? Do we have anything that can do that or stop it?"
"Nyet"
"Can we build something soon to counter it?"
"Nyet"

And in china its the same conversation. but it goes "Bu!" "bu! bu! bu!" followed by an "oh wroh!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

And I'm sure Russia and Chinas tacit response behind closed doors is.

"Oh Holy $ what is that!!!! Is it the X,Y, or Z?"
"NO We don't know what it is, cur. We know it's American but we don't know what it is. Damn it's sure looks sweet though."
"Can we build something like that? Do we have anything that can do that or stop it?"
"Nyet"
"Can we build something soon to counter it?"
"Nyet"

And in china its the same conversation. but it goes "Bu!" "bu! bu! bu!" followed by an "oh wroh!!!

I wonder what the Iranians and the Cubans are saying? I bet its not very nice no matter what it is. Its hilarious to se their reactions when they do reveal them one day.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh right satellites exist. Derp. I suppose if we're already whipping out our, uh, planes for the enemy to m̶e̶a̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ see it doesn't matter much if a civilian does.

I realize this is a dumb question but how much can a satellite get of a plane? The whole flight? Would they know where it's headed and where it came from? Isn't that an issue?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What's Farsi for mierda?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You're talking aircraft that with aerial refueling are capable of flying anywhere in the world in hours. That narrows the origin base down to anywhere the US has a secluded base, and the arrival base anywhere the US has a secluded base for an unknown project.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Not sure what they can resolve, Zaph might be able to give better details. Maybe they can see detail of the moving jet or maybe just give a sense of numbers in the air at the time.
I do know that black project craft can fly under larger aircraft, to hide it, during testing if a spy sat was scheduled to over pass. So they must be able to see some of it's aspects if they would go to that much trouble.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm very much in the dark about satellites. I sort of thought everyone had so many up at this point you could essentially track something back. I take it that's not the case. For some reason I thought they essentially overlapped what they recorded (or whatever). Thanks for the clarification.

Let me ask a different question then. So let's say an aircraft was flown in order to show the enemy satellite. How much of the flight would be captured? Is it like video or just tons of high resolution images or what? Pretending that the aircraft wanted to be seen for a long period of time.
edit on 2820140720141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If you fly it against the satellite's path, they're only going to get a limited portion of the flight. They're going to get whatever the camera FOV is, so they're going to see it appear from one edge of the camera, and it's going to go off the other edge, behind the satellite, off towards wherever they're going.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join