It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Twenty people were injured in a mass stabbing at a Pittsburgh area high school, and at least one person is in police custody.
The injury toll at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville jumped dramatically after early reports of a handful of stabbings, according to KDKA.
At least four people were taken by medical helicopters to medical centers.
Dan Stevens, a spokesman for Westmoreland County emergency management, told the Associated Press that the suspect is in custody.
It is unclear if the attacker is a student at the school.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

I find it very ironic that while I'm posting a thread about one high school incident - this one pops up!

edit on 4/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Not by guns.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
9 people take to hospital apparently?

Disgusting, especially at a school! how can a kids life be the same ever again for them or their future children?

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands isn't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

edit on 9-4-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Too bad there were no armed, trained teachers or there may have been a lot less stabbings. Will be keeping an eye on this story.

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

Disgusting, especially at a school! how can a kids life be the same ever again for them or their future children?

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands aren't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

These things don't just happen in America. They are worldwide. They happen in areas other than a school in most places, and yes, guns/knives are NOT the problem....the people are the problem. Take away their weapons and they will just use a car to plow through a crowd....it doesn't matter what they can't use, they will find something they CAN use to cause the same amount of destruction.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
How long will it take before someone blame TV show the following, blame tv, blame guns blame everything but reason the perpetrators do this most of the time, bad/absent parents.

link   
There is an earlier thread for this.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
I think its odd that this hasn't been reported on Reuters and RT... Probably because it was a knife, not a gun.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

shaneslaughta

Actually they were posted at exactly the same time. Neither here nor there though as they are in two different forums. Guess if there was a "seconds" stamp on the time we would know who's draw was faster.

edit on 4/9/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Agit8dChop

Knives, guns.. maybe whats in the hands aren't the problem, maybe its just Americans?

These things don't just happen in America. They are worldwide. They happen in areas other than a school in most places, and yes, guns/knives are NOT the problem....the people are the problem. Take away their weapons and they will just use a car to plow through a crowd....it doesn't matter what they can't use, they will find something they CAN use to cause the same amount of destruction.

True story. Read an article on a driver that plowed through 12 people, killing 6 of them.
People are definitely the problem here, some are medicated, some are just mentally ill, some are just plain bad people.
You could kill someone with a spoon. time to outlaw spoons.

link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I tend to agree with you a pencil could be deadly if used properly.

I'm hearing 4 are in surgery right now. My heart goes out to them I just dropped off my 1st grader to the bus. I can't help but feel that the old worries of parenthood no longer contain the sex talk. Now I feel I must be teaching my child how to defend herself, disarm assailants and tactical evasion!

Suspect is male just heard.

link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Maybe it is just some Americans?

One would hate to generalize and put the idea forward that all Americans are bloodthirsty killers.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I think they allow one in Breaking news also?

Mod will decide.
edit on 4/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

shaneslaughta

Actually they were posted at exactly the same time. Neither here nor there though as they are in two different forums. Guess if there was a "seconds" stamp on the time we would know who's draw was faster.

edit on 4/9/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

The other one was on my page first. Guess a few seconds is all the difference it takes.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Looks like they don't even have reports of what was used yet:

A person may have ran through the school slashing or puncturing students with a knife or other sharp object, according to early reports cited by The Associated Press.

Source

So it could have been a pencil for all we know at this point.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by candlestick

Not by guns.

Doesn't matter if the perp is pro gun and did this to prove a point. Allegedly.
edit on Ram40914v26201400000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I think they allow one in Breaking news also.

Mod with decide.

They do, it just seems like a waste of database space, and spreading the info across multiple threads makes it harder to find something specific.

Its all good, i was just trying to point it out to be helpful.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Agit8dChop

Oh my gosh yes someone gets it!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I tend to agree with you a pencil could be deadly if used properly.

I'm hearing 4 are in surgery right now. My heart goes out to them I just dropped off my 1st grader to the bus. I can't help but feel that the old worries of parenthood no longer contain the sex talk. Now I feel I must be teaching my child how to defend herself, disarm assailants and tactical evasion!

Suspect is male just heard.

Always good to train the little ones early. My oldest girl is a fighter at heart so not too worried about her. Son is a bit more timid and shy, and the youngest is only 13 months so not sure yet...
Either way, as a father, I much prefer the tactical training to the sex talk....LOL

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Copy-cat event inspired by recent events in China?

Either way very sad.

Agit8dChop
maybe its just Americans?

And Chinese, Oh also do you remember Daniel Pearl - I think they were Arabs and knives were involved in his decapitation.....but I could be wrong.

Don't go to PNG either - knives are as thick as flies, same with Indonesia and Thailand.

I'm not a Yank, but that shallow weak-ass statement actually pisses me off. I expected better from you.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join