It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think you and the world would respond to otherworldly first contact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Suppose an alien race did show up on earth. Do you fear the world population would act with hostility or acceptance?

I don't think we're ready for such an event. I think it's quite possibly we've been observed by aliens, but they think we're too destructive, untrusting, paranoid, too lost in inner conflict, stupid, etc.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I for one would give them a big welcome.

If on the other hand their intentions were bad then I would kick their alien behinds.

Im open minded and all that, but when someone or something tries it, like a bully, I tend not to turn the other cheek and I know every1 knows what Im on about.

Like I said, Im open minded and seen most of what needs to be seen still Im sure there are more surprises to witness!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Religion will fall, possiblity merge with the alien society. If predicted in all cultures that the rapture will happen, most of the population will be decieved into a blind direction if we don't prevent it by spreading information all shapes and forms.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by newkids123]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Probably mass hysteria, rioting and general chaos. A breakdown of commerce, global traffic gridlock. overwhelming fear and suspician most likely. Possibly mass destruction caused by nuke capable nations "defending" themselves!
If it was a scenario anything like "independance day", the worlds governments would likly try to keep a lid on it till it was obvious.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I do think people are gonna react, because we won't be able to accept these beings in our society till the time comes, just like in our history, a certain race didn't accept another race for their skin color, religion etc. In fact it's still happening now, I don't think we are truly ready to be in contact with another race of beings.

But I for one would try to make peace with them and try to know a little more about who they are.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well if i saw them come and they started to disterbe ppl and things, i would try to get conntact with them and say stop we will not try to hurt you or your ship or whatever, and if they dont stop i will kick their dimented bungahole!

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
We would probably end up shooting at them and causing a one sided interplanetary war.

All through history humans have enslaved, pushed out, or annihalated new peoples. Just ask a Native Amariacan or an African.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Webmonkey336
We would probably end up shooting at them and causing a one sided interplanetary war.

All through history humans have enslaved, pushed out, or annihalated new peoples. Just ask a Native Amariacan or an African.

Are you sure the United States will let you do that? After all the years of hiding behind our backs and conducting experiments on humans with them?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't think a race of aliens that knows about us would be even stupid to show their face to the public, we just aren't prepared to face this right now.

[edit on 25-11-2004 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Perhaps they've already shown themselves to a select few, and are waiting for certain events to happen on earth before it is revealed to the public.... Certain religious events perhaps.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think if it suddenly happened, the reaction would range from fear, and feelings of impending doom, to absolute blind fright. If you think the movie Psycho, or the events of 9/11, effected your psyche, those things would pale in comparison the this.

Maybe a small number of people would be excited about it in a positive way, but I'll bet the masses would be on the verge of panic, fearing for their lives. It would only be natural to be fearful of something so much greater than yourself, and with the power to have you for lunch if it so desired.

Anything with the technology to make it here in the first place, would likely be so far ahead of us, and so different from us, that it would be incomprehensible and impossible to understand. We wouldn't know it's motivation for being here, and would fear it's intent.

It would probably be really scarey until it domesticated us and/or turned us into cattle ...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Why is it that everyone percieves the realization of the existence of some other species of intelligent creature as a doom to society as we know it? Is our social fabric so tenuous that something like this could render 10,000 years of cultural evolution inadequate?

I think not. I find it very hard to believe that people would go crazy if aliens simply showed up here. If you remember with the War of the Worlds, it was portrayed as an alien invasion. If the aliens ARE real, and they DO show themselves here in a peaceful manner, why would there be mass panic, histeria, and loss of social framework? I would think and hope that most people are rational enough to at least THINK when they see something new with a positive light. I mean geeze, if something like this can destroy everything that someone believes in, then they didn't believe in much at all, now did they?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wasn't War Of The Worlds played on radio as a news broadcast years and years ago? If i recall, there was mass hysteria and panic and i'm sure people killed themselves over it.

www.war-of-the-worlds.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This topic has been discussed alot, I suggest you search for threads about this topic, I'm surprised a moderator hasnt told you yet and locked the thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merger
Wasn't War Of The Worlds played on radio as a news broadcast years and years ago? If i recall, there was mass hysteria and panic and i'm sure people killed themselves over it.

www.war-of-the-worlds.org...

Yes it was, but if you remember, the play was about an alien invasion. Who's to say that aliens are going to invade us by force when they make their appearance?

I think people read WAY too much into this sort of thing without any more information. People are not well-informed, but I would hope that they are at LEAST open-minded enough to not allow the realization of another race of beings to destroy everything that they CLAIM to believe in.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i don't think there would be widespread panic that everyone percieves will happen sure it will open our eyes, people will become widely more interested in the subject, more scientific expeditions woulb be undertaken but in all seriousness what would change yeah we would have more knowledge but people arn't gonna start riots and being disorderly just because of evidence of life out there which most people suspect anyway

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
religion wil crumble as people become aware on that very moment that they have been told lies all does time.

the leaders of many world religion wil commit suicide.
as they come under presure and many hardcore believers in
god wil do the same because they have found there way irrelevant
and not true anymore.

for the people willing to change there believe or which allready have adepted they will stay alive.

for as people which all ready belive in aliens some will say welcome and some will keep in mind if they can trust them and some will not trust them at all and they will start trouble.

but this is only one of many possible scenarios which may, can or wil take place on that very moment in time when it occures.

new topics

top topics

join