It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian forces storm Ukraine naval HQ in Crimea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
OK - so the same event as reported by the AP (Associated Press) using the following headline:

"Crimean forces take Ukrainian navy HQ"

It appears we can't keep track of the players even *with* a scorecard...

So two major news organizations can't even agree on what to call the now-occupying force?

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic...and the situation so dangerous.

We desperately need less slant/spin/sensationalism & more straight-up factual reporting.

Yeah....that'll happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is a misleading topic. Russian forces didn't "storm" anything. They entered a Naval Base on their sovereign territory, which may well have been occupied by hostile foreign troops (Ukrainians).

Riffrafter
So two major news organizations can't even agree on what to call the now-occupying force?

They're called "Ukrainians".
edit on 19-3-2014 by Nolimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Technically, the Ukrainian naval base is occupying Russian ground now... Funny how that works out ey, one day your the occupiers next day your the occupied.

Only if you are Russian or Crimean or one of their lickspittles.

Otherwise the Russians are not occupying Ukrainian territory.

I am surprised that so many people on here think the Russian invasion is justified - I have always believed critical thinking skills are in short supply for many ATS members, but this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" stuff is beyond the pale!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by Riffrafter

Peaceful takeover?

Yes.

Any bets on how long that will last?

As long as Ukranians stays calm.
What we've seen by now is that the Russians had no intention to take over the bases by force. That's a good thing.
If they wanted they could have taken over all the bases in one night. Fortunately that's not the case.

Right but why are the Russian troops that are not Russian troops claims Putin, allowing the violent militia made up of Russian citizens near the base? let alone right outside of the gates wielding weapons, that's called In sighting and bulling... And for what purpose ?

It's like you think we was all born yesterday, are you for real? It's like letting g two chained up dogs wind each other up before letting them of the leash... No matter anyway, it's only damaging Russia's image and believe me the UN isn't a stupid as you

Being smug only lasts so long before someone drops your arse
edit on 19-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

snypwsd

I bet you that they sent unarmed men because ukraine authorized use of deadly force if fired apon yesterday or the day before.

the Russians had plenty of guns .

The only reason there is no violence is because the Ukrainians are so badly outgunned that they do not want to commit suicide by shooting at the attackers.

Putin has balls and is smart. He knows that if his troops dont Ukraine and the states wont fire back. He wont be able to get away with it for ever though, some day soon there will be more blood.

Yep - having balls and being smart does not preclude being an a-hole.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

snypwsd

I bet you that they sent unarmed men because ukraine authorized use of deadly force if fired apon yesterday or the day before.

the Russians had plenty of guns .

Who had guns? You mean the guys in camo standing OUTSIDE the gates? That little detail.

The only reason there is no violence is because the Ukrainians are so badly outgunned that they do not want to commit suicide by shooting at the attackers.

Yep, people taking back their independence from NWO-Nazis must be attacking something. It's perfectly OK when West sponsored neo-Nazis are killing and robbing people, that's called "legitimate democracy", but when actual citizens kick out opressive regime that's an attack on Western "values". OK then.

Yep - having balls and being smart does not preclude being an a-hole.

True, Bush jr is the poster child of that formula, less the smart part.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

Right but why are the Russian troops that are not Russian troops claims Putin, allowing the violent militia made up of Russian citizens near the base? let alone right outside of the gates wielding weapons, that's called In sighting and bulling... And for what purpose ?

Got proof of the "violent militia made up of Russian citizens" part? If not, then ur speaking out of your arse there buddy.

It's like you think we was all born yesterday, are you for real? It's like letting g two chained up dogs wind each other up before letting them of the leash... No matter anyway, it's only damaging Russia's image and believe me the UN isn't a stupid as you

Russian image? LOL! It sure is better then Islamo-Fascist Nazi-USA image. Get real.

Ukrainian Nazi extremists robbed yet another weapon storage depot, including Igla MANPADs, over 5 thousand AKs, hundreds of RPGs PKMs and SVDs, but all that is for freedom and democracy, right.

As long as it got "good 'ole USA" brand on it, murder and terrorism is all cool and legal. That's just sickening, and the world is sick of it, this parasitic hypocrisy.

Corrupt American government is creating, arming and sponsoring world terrorism, that's a fact, supported by FACTS. It is guaranteed that the ones who are doing it will not be the ones stuck paying for it. As it was in the end of WWII, very few actual Nazis got to pay for their doings, a few show trials and executions to calm the people, while real Nazis were whisked away to USA. The ones who got stuck paying for it all, were simple people that were left in ruins.

Americans should really pay attention to that historical lesson, because when American Nazi empire falls, its the people that will be left to pay the dept to the world.

Oh wait a minute, NSA is watching, listening, and reading everything we say, while corporate mass media is completely controlled by though police, so it's not like the "iron curtain" at all, it's "freedom curtain".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Lagrimas

Oh and England pulling out all of its troops from camp bastion in Afghan now has a deeper meaning...

England are pulling their troops? Wow, I thought they were British Troops. It is nice to feel like we're such a wanted part of the UK, roll on the Referendum...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
allowing the violent militia made up of Russian citizens near the base?

Where are the violent Russia militia? Show it. Show armed Russian militia comiting acts of violance. If you can't, then your pants would be on fire

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by renden

His pants are perfectly safe

Oh, you mean these poor Crimean Tartars which were yelling Allahu Akbar while trying to take over Crimean Parliament?

www.youtube.com...

The same ones that were deported by Stalin for fighting on Hitlers side.

Yes, it does makes sense. WWII - Turkey fought for Hitler, world wide Islamo-Fascist jihad financed by USA and puppet states.

Well, then let's defend oll those terrorists in Syria, Chechnya, and now Islamo-Fashists in Ukraine and Crimea that are yelling Allahu Akbar.

OK then. Oh wait, don't we hate Islamic terrorism in America or was it canceled and now we're back to hating Russians?

Osama BinLaden must of really been a KGB super vilan, and all them hajis are really the good guys that been on our side all along.

I'll make sure to correct my bad guy rolodex now.
edit on 24-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join