It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best friend died today.......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My condolences. It's painful but somewhat happy to read this and see how deep can a friendship be.
You will be best friends forever

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

He definitely was... He disgusted violence there were times , he was so mistreated and all his property had been taken by some lady he loved..

I said to him I'm gonna get your stuff back , he said don't bother it's not worth it...

I was so mad about it , but he only could laugh and raised his shoulders .. It's only material he would say..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

What a beautiful written eulogy, and I'm sure your friend is very proud, where ever he may be.
I only hope for someone to write such kind words after my passing.

I also, have a very tight nit group of friends, and we almost lost one a few years back to a horrible car accident. He pulled through after much doubt, and I have never been more thankful for anything in my life. I can only imagine your lose.

I grew up in the commodore 64 era, and remember Decent like it was yesterday! (I was very young then) I can't help but feel a connection to your story of expanding your computer knowledge with your friends and playing games, and from this day on, whenever I do play any Oldschool game from that era or anything reminiscent, I will take a moment to think of your friend and how friendship never truly dies but lives on forever.

Peace

Edit: Remeber Zork!? That just popped in my head haha now that's Oldschool
edit on 20-3-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Thank you , I know now how important it is to not only to cure this awe-full disease, but also to tell your best friends how you really feel about them , and that you always be there for them in good and bad times...

And that little issues are there to talk about to solve it.. but real friends know that I guess , I would say to everybody who's got the same recognizable story like I do , and maybe haven't heard of their good friends for awhile reach out and call them , restart the bonds that you had in your early days.. It makes you happy and young!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Thank you for your kind words... It always feels good when someone knows the same, or has some recognizable story like I do ..

And I feel so sad for people who haven't that kind of friends to share memories with..
We all need them so much...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I want to thank everybody for their understanding and compassionated writings..

I have to go asleep , but will read and reply to everybody asap..

peace, love and happiness to all

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I once knew a Man like this, he was my friend as well. He is now gone too. Unfortunately It was by suicide, not disease. All over a notice of foreclosure. It was wasted light without a doubt.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As a techhead who knows that people like your friend truly are a gift to the world, people with unique computing knowledge/skills and a way of life that others might strive to model, I salute him. I would say R.I.P., but he's probably too busy for rest -- making/hacking in some great computing lab in the sky...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I want to thank everybody for their understanding and compassionated writings..

I have to go asleep , but will read and reply to everybody asap..

peace, love and happiness to all

You know mate... the way you remember him keeps him alive in a way. Thats the only way to trully make us, flimsy little humans truly immortal, through the love and memories of those we leave behind...

I hope he's happy wherever he is...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Today my best friend died from cancer. It was a rare form of lung cancer .He called me up at July 2012 to meet me with three other best friends of me to tell us that he had not long to live anymore, It was devastating and we all were stunned and beaten by it ...

He was the center of our relationship , that is I mean me and my two other friends, we were the so called four musketeers of the computer age and we all grow up with de commodore computer age and the commodore Amiga age.. day and night we had spend together with lots of cannabis and lots of fun ... playing games and expanding our knowledge about computers until the sun would rise . But he was the Jedi in our mids, the Arthos of the musketeers . We played Elite in the late hours and tested our first novel network on thirty meter cable on parallel ports run under Dos 3.11..

We landed Apollo on the moon on new years-eve with a soldering gun and joystick connected together , because the soldering gun had dip switches that could easily manage the throttle so that he could steer and I could throttle Apollo down....when the clock struck twelve we set foot on the moon, I don't remember the game anymore but we had lots of fun.. it was the best new-years eve of my life...it hurt writing about it ,because of the memories...But hes just that guy that deserves to write about.

A gentle mind that always puts others in front of him always helping others to solve things .. always married problem types with border line, and to stubborn to take advice from his friends.. But that was just him...

The last days and weeks were grievously , and the cancer took control over him , never knew that cancer could grow so fast and that irradiate cancer could speed up the growth .. The worst thing was he had to settle in new place on the last days of his life... we all helped to paint his new house and move the al the furnitures to the new location .. it was his last chance to live out to this day..

you will be missed ........and I will miss you my dearest friend of all times .. we will meet again someday, somewhere, in some place...and do it all over again!

Rene thoonen 03/20/2013............

Hang in there brother. I feel for you...

May he be in a better place...

Great friends are hard to come by.

edit on 20-3-2013 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I wish you and your friends family all the strength in the world. Stay strong buddy and one day you will meet again.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
With cancer its the treatment that kills them. New book out "Slash, Cut and Burn". Expose` of the cancer industry. Natural Healing is the only way to go. I HAD liver cancer - gone now. Loraine Day the famous Medical doctor cured her Breast cancer via Natural Healing. Plenty of stories on the Internet about people "curing" their cancer via Natural Healing. Cancer is a HUGE industry in this country. Did you notice? Its the only disease that's designated "Terminal". Could it be they know how long its going to take for the Chemo and radiation to ruin the Immune system???
My condolences about your buddie. I've lost a lot of my friends to cancer too. They refused to believe it was beatable, even though they knew I beat it. They went "Orthodox" and are now dead.
Again, my condolences...Doc

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's a tough thing to deal with and accept - I know. There are moments in life when it all seems to make so little sense. The good die young, leaving the lesser of us here to try and work it all out. It's patently unfair and something that the mind just can't wrap around.

About a decade ago I stopped attending funerals altogether. I could deal with the odd, old aunt or uncle who died. That seemed to fit into the expectation set I had about the circle of life. But burying the young? That is something that one never gets used to. it's so maddening when folks leave us before their time - and before we are ready to see them go.

Now I just take solace in the reality that as long as the dead are in my thoughts and in my heart - they aren't really gone at all. They're still connected - in an endless chain of life. All of us linked into it - and it remaining timeless and unbreakable.

Your words show the truth - your friend was a very lucky man to have such caring and loyal people in his life.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Awww i'm sorry for your lose Such a inspiring story thank you for sharing its Funny because im looking at my best friend past out on the couch from all of cannabis Were only 16 We Still have a long Way to go Or Maybe Not You Never Know.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My condolences. I lost a good friend about a month ago amd his memorial was just this last Saturday. He unforunately succombed to the pressures of college and work and committed suicide without even a sign of distress other than normal school frustrations. My heart goes out to you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Very, very sorry for your sorrow. There's not really anything one can say to ease it. What comes to mind to say is that the amount of pain you're feeling is indicative of the magnitude of the love you have for him and of the joy he brought into your life. In the end, all one can do is remember and go on loving. I wish I could say something more comforting, but that's all I can conceive of to say.

Lean on those who remain and also remember.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I'm So Sorry For Your Lose Im Gonna Be Sad when My Best friend is gone Have You EVer Heard the son Ill follow you into the dark If You Haven't I dedicate that Son to you and your friend :] May the best of luck

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Song*

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My deepest sympathy to you. It is my belief that life somehow goes on ater death. We are far more than just a physical body. Your dear friend is no longer suffering and is in a better place. You have wonderful memories to carry you through. Wishing you strength and courage at this difficult time.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend, some people make the world special just by being in it.

I know how much losing a good friend can hurt after all, our friends are the family that we choose for ourselves.

Again my condolences.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join