It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Estimates Rebuilding Gaza Will Cost Up To 40 Billion Dollars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Plugit

Your historically inaccurate palistine never existed as a country. It had no ruler produced no currency it was an area. There is no difference between saying the Asia or Africa or palistine. They all refer to an area nit a country. Oh and just so you know palistine also included Jordan and parts of Syria. This was the Roman's getting back at the Jewish population for revolts. Prior to this it was called Judea but the Roman's conquest of the area it was renamed.

Then eventually the ottomans come in and take the entire area. And then the last owners were the British that took it over when defeating the ottomans in ww1.

So in short saying palistinians is just like saying Asians or even Europeans. There is no country called Europe.

Oh and just to remain historically accurate prior to the Roman's this area was called canaan and the countries of Israel and Judah was located.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I suppose that when you see this official document from 1933 in which it says "government of Palestine" or an old map or when Palestine began to be used for a geographical area and a specific population you will recognize that you are wrong and that your attempt to take away from an entire people one of the most important things that we humans can have, which is identity, fails. stupidly

Or, on the contrary, will you continue with your dehumanization and disidentification of a people that from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea has been known as Palestine and its inhabitants as Palestinians for hundreds of years? When you do that, all you get is your bad intentions and ignorance.

JEWISH REFUGEE DEOM EUROPE EMIGRATES TO PALESTINE AND SIGNS THE DOCUMENT “I swear to be loyal to the government of Palestine.”
source

The term Palestine first appeared in the 5th century BCE when the ancient Greek historian Herodotus wrote of a "district of Syria, called Palaistinê" between Phoenicia and Egypt in The Histories.[11] Herodotus provides the first historical reference clearly denoting a wider region than biblical Philistia, as he applied the term to both the coastal and the inland regions such as the Judean Mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.[12][13][14][15] Later Greek writers such as Aristotle, Polemon and Pausanias also used the word, which was followed by Roman writers such as Ovid, Tibullus, Pomponius Mela, Pliny the Elder, Dio Chrysostom, Statius, Plutarch as well as Roman Judean writers Philo of Alexandria and Josephus.[16] There is no evidence of the name on any Hellenistic coin or inscription.
source

It seems that you believe that at this point in history, after stealing their land, you are also going to deprive them of their identity and what their land and that of their ancestors are called. Palestine and the Palestinians is something that only you, the Zionists and their supporters debate, no one else but you and it is petty and very ignorant of you.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

From your own source:

Starting from 2013, the term was officially used in the eponymous "State of Palestine."[30] Both incorporated geographic regions from the land commonly known as Palestine, into a new state whose territory was named Palestine.

Thank you for providing evidence that the concept of a state of Palestine is a very recent development.

Edit: In fairness, the PLO tried to declare the new "State of Palestine" in 1988. The Wikipedia article about the State of Palestine also confirms that Palestine was merely a region for most of history.

Another edit:

JEWISH REFUGEE DEOM EUROPE EMIGRATES TO PALESTINE AND SIGNS THE DOCUMENT “I swear to be loyal to the government of Palestine.”

The government of Palestine at that time were the British.

Again demonstrating that Israel haters are among the most uninformed people on any political topic. The only people I've seen more uninformed on either side of a political issue are gun control nuts.

British Mandatory Palestine 1920 - 1948
edit on 4-5-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"UN Estimates Rebuilding Gaza Will Cost Up To 40 Billion Dollars"
I wonder who is going to pay for that. Pick who you think is more likely to pay folks.
A. USA
B. EU
C. ISRAEL
D. PALESTINIANS
Logically thinking I'm torn between A and B but I have a feeling it is going to be C with the help they get from USA on a regular basis regardless of this war. That also leads me to another question about who will live there after rebuilding has been done but that's off-topic I guess.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jofafot
"UN Estimates Rebuilding Gaza Will Cost Up To 40 Billion Dollars"
I wonder who is going to pay for that. Pick who you think is more likely to pay folks.
A. USA
B. EU
C. ISRAEL
D. PALESTINIANS
Logically thinking I'm torn between A and B but I have a feeling it is going to be C with the help they get from USA on a regular basis regardless of this war. That also leads me to another question about who will live there after rebuilding has been done but that's off-topic I guess.

The US and Israel as Israel destroys Gaza with funds coming from the US mainly.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You tell me. What ethnic group do you identify with that accepts you as part of it?

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So United Nations assistant secretary-general Abdallah al-Dardari, says that Gaza has to be rebuilt and it will cost SOMEONE 40 Billion dollars. The place is a craphole. The people of Gaza spent all their aid money over the years on terrorism instead of on education and business and building for a future. And then they put terrorists in charge and supported them and their attack on Israel which backfired for them miserably, destroying an already yukky place to live. Now this Abdallah al-Dardari, says Gaza should be quickly rebuilt ... bigger and better I'm sure.

So .. take up a 'special collection' from the world to build Gaza? Or leave it a 'good will donation' thing that countries can donate if they want? Make the Muslim nations build and take care of their own? I"m sure there will be those screaming that Israel should pay for it, but no, they shouldn't. It's not Israels fault that the people of Gaza called down destruction upon their own heads. America? HELL NO. Those people in Gaza hate us no matter what we do cuz' we aren't Muslim and they are radical.

I vote 'make the oil rich Muslim countries pay to take care of their own'. Maybe while they are at it, they can de-radialize the people of Gaza so that they can learn to get along with others better, and to spend their aid money on education and building positive things for the future instead of on terrorism.

Barrons - UN Estimates Rebuilding Gaza Will Cost Up To 40 Billion Dollars

A UN agency said Thursday rebuilding war-wracked Gaza will cost an estimated $30 billion to $40 billion and require an effort on a scale unseen since World War II. "The United Nations Development Programme's initial estimates for the reconstruction of... the Gaza Strip surpass $30 billion and could reach up to $40 billion," said UN assistant secretary-general Abdallah al-Dardari.

"The scale of the destruction is huge and unprecedented... This is a mission that the global community has not dealt with since World War II," Dardari told a press conference in the Jordanian capital Amman. He added that if Gaza's reconstruction were to be carried out through the normal process, "it could take decades, and the Palestinian people do not have the luxury of waiting for decades".

"It is therefore important that we act quickly to re-house people in decent housing and restore their lives to normal -- economically, socially, in terms of health and education". "This is our top priority, and it must be achieved within the first three years following the cessation of hostilities."

The place it's a craphole (you used this degrading word) because the IDF has relentlessly bombed it and destroyed it, making the area uninhabitable. The cost of rebuilding the area is on Israel and the US. Israel is getting the weapons from the US and it's fair to say they must have to pay for what Israel did.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

You tell me. What ethnic group do you identify with that accepts you as part of it?

lol

you say palestinian is an ethnic group like Oregonian is an ethnic group.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeyin

The cost of rebuilding should be on Iran.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You are having a laugh?

Israel destroyed it and Israel will rebuild it. Of course the money can come from both Israel and the US.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zeyin
The place it's a craphole (you used this degrading word) because the IDF has relentlessly bombed it and destroyed it, making the area uninhabitable.

No. It was a crap hole before Hamas and the 'palestinians' caused Israel to have to bomb it, and it'll be a craphole long after it is rebuilt by whatever poor schmucks get stuck with the bill. The mentality of the people there is what makes it a craphole. They can't function in modern society.

The cost of rebuilding the area is on Israel and the US. Israel is getting the weapons from the US and it's fair to say they must have to pay for what Israel did.

No. The 'palestinians' broke Gaza all on their own. Billions in aid money that could have built the place up nice and properly educated the young, instead went to terrorism. And they caused the war that came crashing down upon their own heads. They can pay for it themselves ... or they can get their Muslim 'brethren' to pay for it.

First day here and you have flooded the forum with ~ 40 anti-Israel posts already. So ... how many times have you been banned from here before ?

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You are having a laugh?

Israel destroyed it and Israel will rebuild it. Of course the money can come from both Israel and the US.

Iran funded it's destruction.

Iran should pay

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The place it's a craphole (you used this degrading word) because the IDF has relentlessly bombed it and destroyed it, making the area uninhabitable.

No. It was a crap hole before Hamas and the 'palestinians' caused Israel to have to bomb it, and it'll be a craphole long after it is rebuilt by whatever poor schmucks get stuck with the bill. The mentality of the people there is what makes it a craphole. They can't function in modern society.

The cost of rebuilding the area is on Israel and the US. Israel is getting the weapons from the US and it's fair to say they must have to pay for what Israel did.

No. The 'palestinians' broke Gaza all on their own. Billions in aid money that could have built the place up nice and properly educated the young, instead went to terrorism. And they caused the war that came crashing down upon their own heads. They can pay for it themselves ... or they can get their Muslim 'brethren' to pay for it.

First day here and you have flooded the forum with ~ 40 anti-Israel posts already. So ... how many times have you been banned from here before ?

You can shout as much as you like but the destruction came from the IDF when they bombed the place and nothing much has remained. Apart from the mass killings Israel is ethnically cleansing the area. An accumulation of crimes and crimes against humanity.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You are having a laugh?

Iran should pay

It was the US that funded Israel to destroy the place. The bill to them please.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You are having a laugh?

Iran should pay

Should be easy for Tehran to do after all the cash 0bama gave them.

Cheers

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You can shout as much as you like but the destruction came from the IDF ...

I didn't shout. YOU can repeat the propaganda as much as you like, but the truth is that Gaza was a crap hole before Israel bombed it, and it continues to be a crap hole now that Hamas and the 'palestinians' forced Israel to bomb it, all because of the mentality and the actions of the Gazans themselves.

How many times have you been banned from here?

edit on 5/4/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You can shout as much as you like but the destruction came from the IDF ...

I didn't shout. YOU can repeat the propaganda as much as you like, but the truth is that Gaza was a crap hole before Israel bombed it, and it continues to be a crap hole now that Hamas and the 'palestinians' forced Israel to bomb it, all because of the mentality and the actions of the Gazans themselves.

How many times have you been banned from here?

What propaganda?
The mass killings of Palestinians?!

Look at what Blinken said:

www.nytimes.com...

Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken said on Friday that “far too many Palestinians have been killed” in Gaza, in the latest indication that the Biden administration is growing increasingly concerned about the civilian death toll under Israel’s bombardment and ground invasion.

He literally refutes your arguments when you claim there are not many delays in Gaza and we have been lied again and again.

Why anyone should believe you and not Blinken? Or the number of politicians who have said exactly the same. Are you saying they are lying?

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

What propaganda?

The propaganda that Gaza is a crap hole because it got bombed by Israel. No. It has always been a crap hole. And it's always been that way because of the actions and mentality of the people who live there. Now it's also a bombed out crap hole. And once again, it's bombed because of the actions of Hamas and the 'paletsinians' who support them. Again ... how many times have you been banned from here?
edit on 5/4/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

What propaganda?

The propaganda that Gaza is a crap hole because it got bombed by Israel. No. It has always been a crap hole. And it's always been that way because of the actions and mentality of the people who live there. Now it's also a bombed out crap hole. And once again, it's bombed because of the actions of Hamas and the 'paletsinians' who support them. Again ... how many times have you been banned from here?

Gaslighting Blinken, Kirby, Amanda everyone else?
Don't we not have eyes to see what is going on? You must be the only person in this planet who thinks Gaza was destroyed before and after the invasion.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a
: of or relating to large groups of people classed according to common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background

Is there a common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background among Oregonians?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join