It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Unhealthiest Sodas On The Market

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We all know that sugar is highly addictive. It is in many of the drinks that we love ... juice boxes and sodas being the biggest problems. They get you addicted, then you buy the product more and more. Children are given the juice boxes and sodas without a second thought. The addiction starts early. So does the obesity that comes with it.

Here is a list of the 15 unhealthiest sodas on the market ... listed in order by sugar content. It's no surprise that Mountain Dew is listed a few times.
See if your soda is on the list and how it stacks up. I don't drink soda often but when I do it's usually Doctor Pepper. But the Mug Creme Soda that I like did make the unhealthiest list.

Sundrop
Crush Watermelon
Mountain Dew Code Red
Mountain Dew Voltage
Sunkist Peach
Crush Strawberry
Fanta Mango
Mountain Dew Live Wire
Mountain Dew
Mello Yello
Mug Cream Soda
Fanta Pineapple
Sunkist Fruit Punch
Crush Peach
Crush Pineapple

15 Unhealthiest Sodas Ranked By Sugar Content

The best kind of afternoon pick-me-up is one that involves a refreshingly crisp soda. Whether you're a fan of classic sodas like Pepsi, Coke, or Sprite, or enjoy the excitement of a spinoff flavor like Cherry Soda or Mountain Dew Code Red, the combination of sugar, flavoring, and carbonation is always a satisfying treat. Unfortunately though, regularly drinking these beverages can lead to potential health risks because of the heavy amounts of added sugar, with some of the unhealthiest sodas containing over 80 grams per bottle.

Soda should be consumed in small portions, only on occasion, and with a healthy, balanced diet, because consistently sipping on soft drinks has been linked to weight gain and increased risk of diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

The main culprit behind these health risks is the amount of sugar found inside a bottle of soda. The American Heart Association recommends keeping your daily intake of added sugar to 25 grams for women and 36 grams for men, but most sodas contain much more than that. Cans of soda start at 30 grams of sugar per 12-ounce serving with larger bottles carrying between 70-80 grams of added sugar. And without any protein, fiber, or other nutrients, these are empty sugar calories you're consuming.

edit on 4/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I drink a soda for a beverage, which I rarely do anymore, it is mountain dew. If I drink a soda for medicinal purposes to get rid of intestinal blockages, it is coke. I really don't like the taste of coke much though, I would not drink it anymore unless I need to.

I do like a few of the arizona iced teas in the can though, it seems to mellow me out for some reason. I prefer coffee or water as my drink of choice. If I am going to drink a mixed drink, I have seven and seven....every time I broke up with a girl friend I cared for years ago I would go out and get piggy drunk on one booze and I can't drink it anymore. I still have seven and sevens left, so I made sure my marriage lasted otherwise I could not drink any mixed drinks again.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I remember "Jolt Cola" "all the sugar, twice the caffeine"

bettermarketing.pub...

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Read the labels , if the label says it have BVO " Brominated Vegetable Oil" dont drink it .

Banned Brominated Vegetable Oil in Popular Drinks and Soda (2023 Update)

Bromine is a halogen element . fluoride is another halogen . Both those disturb other important halogen iodine doing it`s job in body , like in thyroid.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Straight up sprite for me and that's if I even want a pop. I dont feel like crap after drinking a sprite.

Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Doctor Pepper information.
(Like I said, I rarely drink soda but if I do it's usually Dr. Pepper)
When looking at it .. man that's a lot of chemicals.
But they taste great together.

INGREDIENTS CARBONATED WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVATIVE), CAFFEINE.

The 23 flavors in Dr. Pepper are cola, cherry, licorice, amaretto, almond, vanilla, blackberry, apricot, blackberry, caramel, pepper, anise, sarsaparilla, ginger, molasses, lemon, plum, orange, nutmeg, cardamon, all spice, coriander juniper, birch and prickly ash.

40 Grams of Sugar.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Irn Bru.

It’s not on your list, so your list is full of girly drinks.

In metaphorical tootoo’s

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, mine isn't on there, Wild Cherry Pepsi, but I know it isn't good for me. In the summer, I drink more ice tea.

But hubby drinks a lot of Code Red.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I used to drink a ton of diet pepsi. Then around 2008 I got a kidney stone. Worst pain of my life. I was told that cola drinks can give you kidney stones. So I stopped drinking the pepsi.

National Library of Medicine - Soda Drinks

Participants consuming one or more sugar-sweetened cola servings per day had a 23% (95% CI=−2% to 55%) higher risk of developing kidney stones compared with those participants consuming less than one serving per week (P value for trend=0.02).

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Rarely drink a soda unless there is nothing else to drink too much sodium, which is far worse than the sugar and hidden.
edit on 22-4-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I’m glad you quit the death syrup dudette.

Diet Pepsi. I always pictured you as a Diet Pepsi drinker

edit on 22-4-2024 by Dalamax because: Ete

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

My daughter was addicted to Dr. Pepper. It really is nast sh!t. She Would get headaches if she didn’t get her fix. I asked her how many she drinks a day. She said only one. I thought that’s odd she’s getting headaches from only one a day. Then I asked her how “how many ounces is the one?” She said 40 ounces…. 😬

So I bought her a $200 coffee maker and a grinder so she’d get off of it. This is on top of the $500 I send her a month.

Well, she got off Dr Pepper and is now addicted to Diet Coke. 🤬
edit on 22-4-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That article was giving sugar content for 20 oz servings.

So the sugar in 20 oz of Dr. Pepper would be 66.6, still would not have made the list but it is a lot closer than the 40 in a 12 oz serving.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If I drink any sodas I would feel like dog crap, especially any diet sodas. I was getting these weird heart beats and found out it’s from diet soda, I quit drinking sodas a few years ago. No more weird heart beats.

Coffee in the morning, and water the rest of the day. Maybe some 100% Beet juice every now and then to change things up.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Dr Pepper for me, not as popular in the UK as it is int he states but widely available nowadays. I remember getting it in the early 80's in the UK in my Dads pub but it didn't really take off and kind of disappeared for years before making a comeback.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Coffee in the morning, and water the rest of the day.

I almost exclusively drink Poland Spring bottled water.
No coffee (causes kidney stones). No soda. No juices (they all have sugar added).
Just water. It's boring. But it's healthier I think.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilbous72
Dr Pepper for me,

What I like .... (but rarely drink) ...

1 - Dr. Pepper. (and I used to drink Mr. Pibb if Dr. Pepper wasn't there).
2 - Creme soda.
3 - Birch Beer
4 - Root Beer
5 - Orange Crush

Those are the sodas that I really like.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised Yoo Hoo isn't on the list. On a hot summer day after working in the yard, I can chug-a-lug one and then grab another. I can drink them faster than water. They have got to have more sugar than most soft drinks.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Irn Bru.

It’s not on your list, so your list is full of girly drinks.

In metaphorical tootoo’s

For all the foreigners out there, it's made in Scotland. From girders.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'm surprised Yoo Hoo isn't on the list. .

This is just a soda list ... and YooHoo has 25g of sugar so if you want to compare the sugar, it's much lower.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join