It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Killed Dr. Who for Good

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I used to love watching Doctor Who.
Especially Doctors Ten and Eleven.
Then Capaldi came in. He was okay.
"They" tanked with Jodie Whittaker.
First female Doctor Who. Didn't like her.
Now they've got Ncuti Gatwa.
Black, immigrant, LGBTQ.
Checks all the woke boxes.
He's out and about whining about white people.
I gave up watching when Jodie Whittaker took over.
Now they've gone all woke and he's whining about white people.
Doctor Who is unwatchable ... and it can't be repaired.
Looking at him all you can see is 'woke' social engineering.
You can't see the character and storyline. There is no separating the two.
Entertainment is impossible. The damage is done.

Doctor Who - Wikipedia

Black Doctor Who Condemns Celebration of White Mediocrity

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't even bother with Whitaker.

I watched the 3 specials when Tenant came back and was happy to see Dr Who get back to being Dr Who and then it all went to hell.

Won't waste my time with the new either.

Dr Who is dead. Long live Dr Who.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It fell off a cliff during Matt smith…
They lost me then so I’ll stick with reruns of Tom baker.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I never could get into the Dr.

All entertainment is used to control the masses.

From the fashion an actress wears to the beer that sponsors a hard-core band. They use the fame to sway you to buy the product.

It works the same in TV, especially sci-fi.

I rarely watch TV. I almost always have music on.

But I was traveling for work a few weeks ago. Got to the hotel and decided to see what was on.

The fiction cop show I stopped on, was explaining a social justice theory as absolute fact. Of course, the criminal of the episode was a hater who wouldn't get along.

It was a white guy who owned a business. Hired a guy out of prison. Fired said guy for theft. Said guy gets a lawyer to sue. Said guy is dead. Turns out, was the owner of the business who killed him. He killed him to stop the guy from winning the lawsuit because he hated criminals and minorities and didn't want to be forced to hire them.

Oh and said dead guy, only stole that one time to feed his family. Only $900 dollars. He needed the money bc of inherent racial bias keeping him poor. I guess the money was easier than stealing food.

I just can't anymore.

ETA: the whole point was that the owner should have looked the other way and not reported the theft. Bc of racism, said guy had no chance in life. The owner was evil and mean. It was only $900. And said guy couldn't get a chance to get ahead in life bc of the racism he faced daily. And minimum wage isn't enough to live on. So he had to do it.

This is what is being pushed now.

And I still can't.

edit on 20-4-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
He changed character as soon as he re-appeared in the present century, when he changed from "eccentric but good-hearted maverick traveler" into a kind of demigod, based on this planet and time-period with a mission to protect the human species. That's not just being Woke, that's a new religion being launched.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The question is ... does anyone watch anymore?

This Explains the UK Rating System and Says It's Going Well

This Has Some Episodes Over the Years with Ratings to Compare

Everywhere I go online that talks about Dr. Who has people who aren't happy and stopped watching.

Maybe I'm just seeing the negatives and there really are people who watch this crap still? I dunno.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I haven't watched the new stuff in years. If they wanted a woman timelord then why didn't they bring back Ramana.? That might have been watchable. Kind of like the Sarah Jane Smith spin off but with the adventures of Ramana.

Pluto TV has a BBC Dr Who channel. Mostly Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee episodes.

Remember me to Gallifrey.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Don't forget his daughter Jenny.

The Doctors Daughter Jenny

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Never could get into it either.

The "woke" crap is everywhere now, it's like untreated cancer. Got rid of cable years ago and only use a few streaming services but good luck finding a decent movie without an agenda.

BUT... I take issue with your assertion that "they" use beer sponsorships for hardcore bands to push an agenda. I've been in a few hardcore bands since the mid 90s, one of which was extremely well known for drinking and the aftermath of our shows (I'm still not allowed to play in an entire country or most clubs in Connecticut to this day in ANY band despite abandoning music for family a decade ago). NOT ONE beer company ever offered to sponsor us. Would have made tours several orders of magnitude less expensive.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The beauty of Dr Who is he is a Timelord and unstoppable πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

He will reincarnate after burning off a little karma πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 20-4-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't like woke stuff.

It's scripted by lawyers who have a risk to mittigate, rather than artists with a story to tell.

My question is: how do you rebirth a black skin as anything other without getting the woke wound up?

But then I don't know the viewing demographic in the global Dr. Who market. Maybe more identify with the 'up to date' Dr, than with the Brithish eccentric type who made the series famous.

Let's have Lethbridge-Stewart sort them out.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
The beauty of Dr Who is he is a Timelord and unstoppable πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

He will reincarnate after burning off a little karma πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

The best iteration of The Doctor was Rowan Atkinson in the Comic Relief special. A hoot.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I stopped when the daleks started using they/them pronouns.
Yeah, I know, they aren't yet, at this time, but, being a Time Lord myself....

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Partridge

Let's have Lethbridge-Stewart sort them out.

Erm, which one? There is the brigidier, the alternate reality bergade leader, and Kadiatu Lethbridge-Stewart, his daughter.

I know, we put them all together in the TARDIS and then they can sort it out. We also need K-9 to use his sensors to navigate through this mess.

I personally think the Happy Patrol had something to do with this. Avoiding hurt feelings and all.

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Danger Will Robinson! Warning! Warning! I will.not be responsible for drinks sprayed on keyboards or phones.

Apparently the BBC has been limiting the scope of the daleks acting abilities.

edit on 20-4-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Speaking as a writer, there is a way to fix this -- provided the BBC wakes up from WOKE. Yeah, I know, fat chance. Anyway, they could have the existing Doctor badmouth more things and become increasingly more like most slime politicians today (you know, evil), THEN have it turn out that it's The Master pretending to be the Doctor... and then bring Matt Smith or David Tennant back. Otherwise, dig a big hole, shove the Tardis into it, and bury the Who franchise for good.

Of course this won't happen because of the Doctor's secret name...

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I really wanted to make an OP about this subject but I arrived to the conclusion that it is pointless. But I'm glad you did.

Here is my point of view . 9th,10th,11th were all awesome... 12th was good. He was a little more classic era than his last three predecessors but he was still " The Doctor".

Then came 13th... And I was so excited for the first female doctor. Just for the concept of it. This is a time lord,and I have no issue whatsoever with the doctor being female. In fact one of the best Master(Missy) in recent "Who history" , right next to to John SIMM,in my opinion is Michelle Gomez( she was phenomenal). So understandably, I was excited to see what they were going to do with a female Doctor.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, Jodie Whittaker is an excellent actress,but she was never "The Doctor". There was never one moment,one episode, were I was like, Oh Sh!t,yup that is The Doctor. Nothing like the Racnoss episode or the Pandorica episode. It's almost like the writers forgot who the Doctor is.

What lacked in Jodie's doctor is the fact that The Doctor is the most dangerous being in the universe (the oncoming storm,the time lord victorious) and the only reason the episodes last that long is only because The Doctor is trying to save everybody,even it's enemies. It doesn't even need to be in every episode, but once in a while,there need to be a reminder who it is and why it's name or it's title or the name of its planet recreate such fright and amazement.

And then there is Ncuti...Nothing wrong with him being black or an immigrant (there was poised to be a Doctor who isn't white,get over it). My problem is that He is going to be used to advance ideologies instead of just being a fun sci Fi tv show(one of the best at one point in time). And that his doctor will go the way of Jodie's...

Well at least we got to see David Tennant reprise his role,so there is that

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i am a big dr. who fan-

this cl0wn, opening up his fem mouth, is not that big a deal.
the big deal was the 4 episodes of the latest dr. who was not all that good.

i loved moffat who.
but even in that, there were episodes where the doctor called out trummp.
suuuuree.

an immortal time lord deciding to complain about trummp.

they already fired the new companion, because she is blonde and attractive and the worst of all evils, whiite.

davies wrote some great episodes in the past.
but he is ultra w0ke, and he is gayy himself.

what these creators do not understand is-
when you are hired to write a character you are hired to write an ESTABLISHED character.
you do not put your desires or fantasies or politiks or sexual preferences into an ESTABLISHED character.

if davies wanted to make a story about a gaay aliien dancing flamboyantly in a dress in a bar, he should have created a NEW alien to do so.

the weak creator, just changes an already established character, because the weak creator has no ballz to go and actually create something new.

its like how the blak miles morales- they made him a c0mmunist in the new cartoon. i never saw into the spider verse, even tho the animation looked cool. and now that miles morales is a c0mmunist i will not be watching it those movies.

when miles morales was creates, c0mmunism was not hip, so he was not a c0mmie.
but now that the gl0balist internati0nal bankkers want dyst0pia, they use 'art' to promote c0mmunism.

there is no reason to watch new mainstream media of any type. unless you are prepared to deal with c0mmunist pr0paganda.

tayl0r swifts skumbag c0mmie boyfriend, kneeeled before the flag, and took 20 milllion from fizer to pr0m0te poison. thats why he is going out with swifft, media is all a pr0pagandist skam.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:57 AM
link   

i remember 3 versions the last being the DR that had to deal with the library angels

just goes to show the BBC that you mess with a beloved institution its going to fail

i TRIED to like the female dr but i couldnt get past 2 episodes

even back in the late 90's early/mid 2000's had better stories and even sets

my poor DR

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join