It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new strain is a bad one

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarantulabite1

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Higher Incidence of COVID-19 Found Among Consistent Mask-Wearers: Study - LINK

Or possibly, more people who had COVID symptoms put on face masks to prevent them from spreading it as readily. Especially in medical and clinical situations.

Or Not

Side note ....good read
More than 170 Comparative Studies and Articles on Mask Ineffectiveness and Harms - LINK

A whole site that is for nothing but dissing every attempt by health authorities to slow or prevent severe COVID-19.

Why?

What is offered by these people as something that people could do to minimise the dangers posed by the disease?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kvia2023
Get a shot of ivermectin and you will be fine withen 24 hrs if you have "a corona" illnes. FYI who jusy put it on their approved treatment list. Oh many mnay many govt agencies around the world and finally the US. But most likely you have the Flu.a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

What dosage do you recommend, and "a shot of ivermectin", really?

As near as I can tell, the only injectable formulations of ivermectin are not for human use.

edit on 2024-03-27T00:01:15-05:0012Wed, 27 Mar 2024 00:01:15 -050003am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Higher Incidence of COVID-19 Found Among Consistent Mask-Wearers: Study - LINK

Or possibly, more people who had COVID symptoms put on face masks to prevent them from spreading it as readily. Especially in medical and clinical situations.

Or Not

Side note ....good read
More than 170 Comparative Studies and Articles on Mask Ineffectiveness and Harms - LINK

A whole site that is for nothing but dissing every attempt by health authorities to slow or prevent severe COVID-19.

Why?

What is offered by these people as something that people could do to minimise the dangers posed by the disease?

Science is about proving yourself wrong in order to be right

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Or Maybe tour older and your immune systwm is weaker. Did you get the shot? If so you chance of getting sick sky rocketa. Dont trust ke read the pharma studies.a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
As a member of the US Army old style Mash unit it is my professional opinion that Respirator masks work. The other ones ONLY STOP DEBRI, only.

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: network dude

They do work. When used correctly.

Also, as studies show, over use is not a general health benefit.

I’d be a lot more receptive to the OPs apposing view if they didn’t start out calling those who choose not to wear one in post pandemic daily life “selfish, careless twats!“

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What part of DON"T WORK is it you can't seem to grasp?

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Justoneman
Please, use real Scientists from both sides of the "masks are important or not" aisle.

When you do that you find Environmental Scientist like me say a full self enclosed breathing apparatus or you are wasting time other than to keep debris out of your mouth like in construction work. It is useless for germs. The CO2 poisoning from extended use is very real too. Making children wear one is child abuse!

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

selfish, careless twats!

Where can I see this? OnlyFans? PH? Please, I'm asking for a friend.

Maybe I'll make a Film someday about the Careless, Selfish Twats

Why don't people who must wear PPE for extended periods have any issues with carbon dioxide poisoning? Show clinical cases please, not some speculative paper.

And why do surgeons wear PPE, even for minor surgeries?

There is hundreds of years of evidence that masks work, and that their extended use doesn't cause medical problems.

Medical grade cloth masks which use electrostatic filtering have not been shown to elevate CO2 levels sufficiently to cause issues, and they also don't have exhalation valves like some N95 respirator masks, these valves negate some of the attenuation of exhalation velocities that a cloth mask gives.

You are so committed to your ideology that you are ignoring how long we have known about, and have evidence of, mask effectiveness and safety.

masks work. Point blank, end of story. They do. But, it's important to know WHAT they are doing. They aren't saving you from inhaling a virus or germ. The mask IS stopping your spit from landing on someone else. So if that's your goal, you are good to go. But if you are DERPING along thinking you are keeping yourself from getting sick, you are not paying enough attention to life, and should make adjustments.

What part of "attenuation of exhalation velocities" do you not understand?

Modern medical masks include materials that remove small particles from the air-flow by electrostatics, and so there is a filtering capability in some masks. A patch cut from a T-shirt, however, doesn't do that.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: watchitburn

Masks never prevented you from getting sick.

They do not stop the spread of respiratory viruses. They never have.

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I'm living proof they worked.

The only thing you are proof of is people are ignorant and easily manipulated.

I'm the ignorant one?

Not the people out there spreading these viruses?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Makes me wonder why someone would travel and go to busy places if they were worried about a virus. If I had that mindset I’d feel irresponsible.

Then to demand others wear masks, after the pandemic, to protect them seems a bit one sided.

Because I had things to do... need to eat you know.

At least I went out of my way to not contract the virus or spread one if I had it at the time.

I think being responsible is a far more grown up way to navigate around, than to be irresponsible and act less grown up about the situation.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I’d be a lot more receptive to the OPs apposing view if they didn’t start out calling those who choose not to wear one in post pandemic daily life “selfish, careless twats!“

How many more times:

IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS... STAY AT HOME OR WEAR A MASK IF YOU GO OUT.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET?

I didn't say anywhere to wear a mask in normal daily life.
edit on 27-3-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Please, use real Scientists from both sides of the "masks are important or not" aisle.

When you do that you find Environmental Scientist like me say a full self enclosed breathing apparatus or you are wasting time other than to keep debris out of your mouth like in construction work. It is useless for germs. The CO2 poisoning from extended use is very real too. Making children wear one is child abuse!

selfish, careless twats!

Why don't people who must wear PPE for extended periods have any issues with carbon dioxide poisoning? Show clinical cases please, not some speculative paper.

There is hundreds of years of evidence that masks work, and that their extended use doesn't cause medical problems.

Medical grade cloth masks which use electrostatic filtering have not been shown to elevate CO2 levels sufficiently to cause issues, and they also don't have exhalation valves like some N95 respirator masks, these valves negate some of the attenuation of exhalation velocities that a cloth mask gives.

You are so committed to your ideology that you are ignoring how long we have known about, and have evidence of, mask effectiveness and safety.

masks work. Point blank, end of story. They do. But, it's important to know WHAT they are doing. They aren't saving you from inhaling a virus or germ. The mask IS stopping your spit from landing on someone else. So if that's your goal, you are good to go. But if you are DERPING along thinking you are keeping yourself from getting sick, you are not paying enough attention to life, and should make adjustments.

Modern medical masks include materials that remove small particles from the air-flow by electrostatics, and so there is a filtering capability in some masks. A patch cut from a T-shirt, however, doesn't do that.

I understand what you are saying, but you are wrong, and there is ample evidence that disposable medical cloth masks do inhibit the transmission of germs and viruses in exhaled air, reducing the velocities of those exhalations significantly, and that they do not present any health risk to the wearer from sustained use.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

How many more times:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET?

Getting the flu used to be part of normal daily life.

DO YOU REMEMBER?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   

What'd you find out? I assume you've either gotten better or went to the doc yes?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   

How many more times:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET?

Getting the flu used to be part of normal daily life.

DO YOU REMEMBER?

I had'nt had any flu for around 30 years until last year when i caugfht covid the first time. that was very mild compared to this time round.
edit on 28-3-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

What'd you find out? I assume you've either gotten better or went to the doc yes?

Thanks for the concern... no, I thought I was getting better but it's still th same, now day 6. It gets worse at night. Seems to be when laying down in sleeping position, the symptoms become more aggressive... stuffy nose and flemy cough!

I have'nt been to the Doctor... yet. Only meds I've been taking are Paracetemol throughout the day, need to get some syrup for throaty cough and some Lempsip today... hopefully these will do the trick but if not, I may have to call me Doctor next week.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Adding to my above post...

It's like the virus is mimicking the Nocturnal Nature of Bats as it lays dormant during the daytime hours and begins to get aggressive at night and through the night until Dawn. When I'm trying to sleep

edit on 28-3-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ok! Can I vent? I HATE masks. All 45 yrs of wearing em. But I have to.

Here's a real truth: me Univ of Much Med Center(20 yrs)...WITH masks and glove...caught HEPATITIS non-a-b...still.

Future? I've seen spray barriers for the nasal, sinus passages, another for the mouth....but years away...with many un-answered questions and issues.

Thnx...God Bless✌️

*Ricky? It's been a bit! You take care..
edit on 03242831America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 08:39:28 -050039202400000028 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

They did stop it, like I said I never got it at its peak because I wore mask's when I travelled and went to stores that were busy!

I'm the ignorant one?

YEP... there was NO WAY to stop it. No way at all accept LIVE IN A BUBBLE. That is all.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

selfish, careless twats!

I understand what you are saying, but you are wrong, and there is ample evidence that disposable medical cloth masks do inhibit the transmission of germs and viruses in exhaled air, reducing the velocities of those exhalations significantly, and that they do not present any health risk to the wearer from sustained use.

If you say that then you don't understand as is to be expected from you. Sorry, if you are constantly on the wrong side of reality. I can't fix that for you and you don't seem to want to fix it.

edit on 28000000273120243America/Chicago03am3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
More negative distraction to quell uprising souls. Don't mean the thread, but the virus.
edit on 28-3-2024 by JonnyC555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm the ignorant one?

YEP... there was NO WAY to stop it. No way at all accept LIVE IN A BUBBLE. That is all.

I'm still not the Ignorant one though... totally the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join