It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Fentanyl seized in California in 2023 to kill everyone on the planet twice over

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Shocking reading this about the 110.000 deaths in the USA last year 2023 with 75% of them being suspected Fentanyl deaths news.yahoo.com...

And that is just what they found in one state in America imagine what slipped through the net !

If ever there was a reason for the death penalty this should be it , no ifs or buts as just a very very small amount will kill a lot of people , all some people need to do is touch a tablet /pill that is laced with this and it is enough to kill
edit on Wed Feb 28 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I keep hearing stories about how many people a bust of Fentanyl could kill, but as with Covid-19, I have yet to see dead bodies in the streets.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Fentanyl deaths:

2020: 57,834

2021: 71,238

2022: 73,654

2023: 112,000
nida.nih.gov...
It's the number one cause of death in the US for adults 18-45. That's right, fighting age people who should be in their prime are being obliterated with cheap, über potent, readily available "pain be gone". The real question is, as it pertains to accountability, would be what is it about our society that spawned a generational horde of drug users?

Seems like a proxy chemical war initiated by the Chinese and India; two of the biggest dumps in the world and they covet our relatively cleaner environment. It's just a theory. It's a conspiracy site.

Either way, they are both complicit in the manufacture and distribution of fentanyl and/or it's precursors. There's so much money in and around this enterprise that it wouldn't surprise me if the cartels have clandestine manufacturing facilities to trim their dependence on China or India.

If you got the money and power, the equipment and logistics are just a formality. We used to go after these organizations something fierce. Now, they barely make the news even though it's an absolute warzone down there.

edit on 28-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Our government should quit trying to control guns and focus on controlling the Fentanyl epidemic; maybe pass a law making it illegal?

For the less erudite among us.....

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Booohooo... It's great for lacing Heroin without loss of potency...

Please make drugs illegal so we have to get creative while smuggling, it also makes us make good choices as to what we smuggle. We want low volume and high gains, like fetanyl, and we will also lace everything to maximize gains once we got it over the border and we want no oversight... Oh wait...

The drug problem in the US is a classical FAFO scenario... No matter how much mental gymnastic you do prohibition will never work.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Shutting the border down would solve a lot of the problem.
Then maybe some good old boys camped out all along the border that shoot the drug mules that sneak across...problem mostly solved.

I would be up for a border rotation schedule. Need sometarget practice.
Saving lives 100,000 per year at a time.

edit on 29-2-2024 by Asher47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:27 AM
link   

i have had many many if not most of my friends pass away from that crap.

im clean and have been for years and years but i know the life style.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Shocking numbers

I think reading that the Mexican drug cartels finacial center is in Midle East....UAE / Dubai or somwhere there , so they dont keep the money in Mexico .....so US and all should really hit that section also with every possible way , even countries who enable the narco cartels operate / keep finacial center.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Start with the 3 letter agencies involved...

It wouldn't be possible without them...

here's to the war on drugs and the endless stream of fundings that mostly get relocated to buy blind spots...
it wouldn't be possible without you...

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I dont know....fentanyl is so much stronger and dangerous than other drugs , it might be too much even for 3 letter agencies?

But what do i know ....nutting .

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Fentanyl citrate is a synthetic form of herion. It's about 50x stonger and was developed for use by anesthesiologists for general sedation...to put you deep under . It's deadly and now peoplee aremixing it with xylotol or "tranq". I live in Oregon and have read a few stories of people who have bought weed laced with fentanyl and didn't know it, they overdosed after smoking weed.

Crazy times we live in.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47
a reply to: nugget1

Shutting the border down would solve a lot of the problem.
Then maybe some good old boys camped out all along the border that shoot the drug mules that sneak across...problem mostly solved.

I would be up for a border rotation schedule. Need sometarget practice.
Saving lives 100,000 per year at a time.

Solve the vetting process that all can accept and I'm all game.
Bit more of a moat guy and protected apex predators nationally recognized refuge.
But most people don't like saving money and protecting the border in a way that will apeal to the hippies and we can blow crap up in the process and get gators and crap!
Sounds like a win to me.

A portion of that taking on such a project is essentially already done.
Just fix the freaking border and screw Panama.
Just sayin geopolitical means.
edit on 29-2-2024 by Kireg123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asher47

Wow uh....they put that to weed ? That`s so dangerous ....

Crazy times yes

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   

It's ridiculous and an epidemic of enormous proportions.

What does it tell us about supply and demand through?

People choose to take drugs to escape the pain of reality.

Meaning all those poor addicted fools are not exactly the happiest of bunny rabbits.

Fentanyl makes the likes of even Heroin addiction look like a teddy bear's picnic.

And here is the thing, the stuff is being mixed with other narcotics, such as coc@ine, h@roin, methamphet@mine, and MDM@.

It's getting so bad people are even becoming used to the naloxone used to revive them when they fall out.

Down to the fact that they have already died like 4 and 5 times thus requiring additional doses of naloxone to bring them back to the world of the living.

Don't do drugs kid, especially so in this day of age.

Because the fact is the dealers really don't know what's in there anymore.

Or worse, they simply don't care.
edit on 29-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I think you may mean Xylazine and not Xylitol.

The latter being a sweetener(mixing agent) and the former a nasty sedative.

Crazy times indeed all the same.

Do you know if they died from the laced weed?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry!! Xylazine is what I meant to say. Yes the fentanyl laced weed did kill the two people who smoked it. I have read stories of cops having to be resuscitated after handling money tainted with fentanyl during traffic stops.

This has to stop...

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Didn't they just seize 6.5 tons at Eagle pass the other day too?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Completely agree Asher47.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sounds more like a chemical weapon agent than a drug ?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Maybenexttime

Yeah, when they make seizures like that Maybenexttime it sounds good.

But they are token gestures really.

And for every drug seizure made 10 more go undiscovered.

The truth is there is no real war on drugs.

And the alphabet agencies and law enforcement are buried up to their necks.

Even if they are not directly involved in the distribution networks they take the backhanders to simply look the other way.

The war on drugs is clown shoes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join