It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Sixth Former is Studying for 28 A-levels!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

I went to University in my hometown of Glasgow(Strathclyde University at the time) and had a ball.

I think the likes of Oxford/Cambridge would have this young lady in a heartbeat if thats where she chooses to attend.

Chances are she would get an unconditional offer for any subject she cared to apply if she walked away with even a third of the 28 A-levels at band A.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I don't see the point of doing so many really, especially when most people only go on to one specific job... I mean if she's studying Science and Biology, why take exams in History or Religion for example?? If she goes on to become a Doctor... she'll look back and say why did I study for all those other exams? Why put yourself through it at such a young age? She'll be flat out with no time for much else.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

I don't see the point of doing so many really, especially when most people only go on to one specific job... I mean if she's studying Science and Biology, why take exams in History or Religion for example?? If she goes on to become a Doctor... she'll look back and say why did I study for all those other exams? Why put yourself through it at such a young age? She'll be flat out with no time for much else.

In this case she's a super-genius and likely to make enormous/revolutionary contributions to a wide array of subjects rather than be limited to one or two and an incredibly gifted intellectual so unikely to be limited to one job or profession and studies for enjoyment rather than seeing it as a chore or only persuing interests for financial reasons.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

In this case she's a super-genius and likely to make enormous/revolutionary contributions to a wide array of subjects rather than be limited to one or two and an incredibly gifted intellectual so unikely to be limited to one job or profession and studies for enjoyment rather than seeing it as a chore or only persuing interests for financial reasons.

If she is a member of MENSA at this age and with this academic profile then I don't see anything wrong with getting more A-levels than an average student. It's wise though to have time for yourself and not getting trapped in unwise competitions or try to please relatives and parents.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I went to University in my hometown of Glasgow(Strathclyde University at the time) and had a ball.

I think the likes of Oxford/Cambridge would have this young lady in a heartbeat if thats where she chooses to attend.

Chances are she would get an unconditional offer for any subject she cared to apply if she walked away with even a third of the 28 A-levels at band A.

Very much in agreement with you.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If she is gifted so much I don't see a problem with the possible exception of not having time for herself.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

edit on 2/15/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join