It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Call for Netanyahu's Removal Across Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: orbhunter
The time to remove Netanyahu is not now. The last thing Israel needs is a leadership change right now. Bibi's got to go for sure once hostilities end, it was under his watch that 7/10 happened. Yet right now no division can be tolerated. The time to fight is now, ALL terrorist groups must be eliminated on Israel's borders and that includes Lebanon and Syria. Only once peace is restored can Netanyahu be expected by the general public to give up power. The military are going full on offensive right now and need 100% stability from the politicians. Too dangerous to do change right now.

Like Winston Churchill, dump him after the war is over...

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Israel is a democracy.
People are allowed to protest and are protected by law to do so.

Its up to the Israeli people and/or Likud to decide if Netanyahu is to remain as Prime Minister.
If Netanyahu is to be removed from power then due process should be followed.

When the people of Gaza were allowed the right to vote they elected Hamas in to power.
edit on 1/1/24 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The point is that Israel is also "a racist, sexist, homophobic, militaristic, anti-Democratic, kleptocratic, dogmatically religious police state of science fictional inequity and oppression."

To ignore that is to cover your eyes from reality.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

The point is that Israel is also "a racist, sexist, homophobic, militaristic, anti-Democratic, kleptocratic, dogmatically religious police state of science fictional inequity and oppression."

To ignore that is to cover your eyes from reality.

You and others who post stuff like this really help drive my observations that what you all are hiding behind your "oh we only hate the Zionist" facade is actually just plain old Jew hate.

50 Muslim counties make Israel look like the Mission district in San Fran in what you wrote above as to the level differences. I have said many times even with that, Israel is still a ME country.

Also, excuse me if the world hasn't caught up to a million pronouns and genders.

Racist...

I never have had a Jew look at me as if I was a dog, pretty common in Muslim countries for not being one of them. China and Japan are so racist you can't be a citizen unless you are pure... Who are the Jews racist against BTW. I think 80% of the population live under some form of racism well past anything Whites or Jews might have created.

Sexist...

I disagree with you here as they were more progressive than even the US in many areas, so not sure what it is you mean here. Let's go back to these 50 Muslim countries...how about Afghanistan where women cannot go to school and their status is lower than a goat, or in many Muslim countries if a woman gets raped it is her fault for enticing the man/men and can be stoned to death for her evils, is that sexist?

Homophobic...

Another scratch my head event... You do know that in most Muslim countries it's the death penalty, try going to Russia as a gay person. Maybe 100 more examples...

This is Israel

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Israel are considered the most developed in the Middle East.[2] Although same-sex sexual activity was legalized in 1988, the former law against sodomy had not been enforced since a court decision in 1963. Israel became the first country in Asia to recognize unregistered cohabitation between same-sex couples, making it the first country in Asia to recognize same-sex unions in any capacity. Although same-sex marriages are not performed in the country (as it does not have civil non-religious marriages), Israel recognizes same-sex marriages performed elsewhere. Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation was prohibited in 1992. Same-sex couples are allowed to jointly adopt, following a landmark court decision in 2008. Previously, stepchild adoption, as well as limited co-guardianship rights for non-biological parents, were permitted. LGBT people are also allowed to serve openly in the military.

Tel Aviv was referred to by the Calgary Herald as one of the most gay-friendly cities in the world,[3] famous for its annual Pride parade and gay beach,[4] earning it the nickname "the gay capital of the Middle East" by Out magazine.[5] According to users of the website GayCities, it was ranked as the best gay city in 2011,[6] despite reports of some anti-LGBT violence during the 2000s,[7] which were criticized by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Shimon Peres. A monument dedicated to the gay victims of the Holocaust was erected in Tel Aviv in 2014.[8]

Militaristic/Anti-Democratic....

Lol, your point here? Still way down the list... This is almost a WTF event for you to even list these two if we look around the world.

Kleptocratic...

Please...whatever...You are just pulling these out of your butt now.

Dogmatically Religious...

Really????????????????????????????

The birth place of three major religions with theirs being the oldest of the three? Do you have a problem with Religion? Maybe go talk to the Sunni and Shea who have been killing each other in the millions over whose lineage from Mohamid is correct. The same stuff goes on in India...

There is an extreme level of ignorance in many of these anti-Israel posts such as yours. The world is a much different place than your little bubble of freedom and rights. Maybe if you get out there and see you would have different opinions.

edit on x31Mon, 01 Jan 2024 10:23:40 -060020240America/ChicagoMon, 01 Jan 2024 10:23:40 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So you admit that Israel is more backwards than pretty much every First World country?

This is has nothing to do with them being Jewish. It is entirely about the fact they have an authoritarian government with a far Right lean.

If you're going to call out Hamas for certain things then it's only right to call out Israel for similar things.

There's no good or bad in this war. Both sides have committed war crimes and both sides have killed innocents.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Right....and what happens to people in Gaza that express disapproval of Hamas?

But sure, THIS poll is totally legit.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
a reply to: watchitburn

Israel has better human rights, treat women better, was opening up work programs to people of Gaza where they could make ten times the money, and shares holy sites in Israel. Israel has a Supreme Court that ruled against using human shields in around 2001.

What do you think Hamas total rule would look like.

What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

So you admit that Israel is more backwards than pretty much every First World country?

This doesn't even make sense, you need to get out and see the world, my friend. I refuted your claims. so what is there to admit, Israel is rated by the UN as not only a first-world nation but in the upper 50% of the list.

This is has nothing to do with them being Jewish. It is entirely about the fact they have an authoritarian government with a far Right lean.

By your tone and viewpoints, I think it does. Once again where are your past posts about all the events in the world... you are very focused just on Israel.

If you're going to call out Hamas for certain things then it's only right to call out Israel for similar things.

There's no good or bad in this war. Both sides have committed war crimes and both sides have killed innocents.

I have many times... I'll say it again just for you... Israel is very brutal in their ways and has always been that way. If you attack them they come back 10 fold. Now if we compare them to many nations they are not close to what so many of your 1st world nations do, or have done.

I guess my point is, yes it sucks they go to such extremes, but it isn't new in the world, nor even close to what others are doing right now too. I spent years in the ME, so I know what they all do. Where you are failing in all this is you are trying to paint your values and beliefs onto others in the world that are very different from you.

edit on x31Mon, 01 Jan 2024 12:32:50 -060020240America/ChicagoMon, 01 Jan 2024 12:32:50 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
More bad news for Netanyahu today but good news for the Israeli people as Israel's Supreme Court has torpedoed his judicial reforms legislation.

The new legislation had removed one of the methods by which the Supreme Court can quash government and ministers' decisions.

The law would have stripped the court of its ability to void such decisions that it deemed "unreasonable".

Opponents had argued that the legislation may open the door to corruption and improper appointments of unqualified allies to important positions.

Eight of 15 justices ruled in favour of nullifying the law, the court said in a statement, and that they ruled to strike down the law because it would severely damage Israel's democracy.
news.sky.com...

Oh dear what a pity , never mind.

edit on 1-1-2024 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

By your tone and viewpoints, I think it does. Once again where are your past posts about all the events in the world... you are very focused just on Israel.

You mean you've missed my decade of posts focused on the situation in Ukraine?

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime

originally posted by: Digital1010

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: angelchemuel

How do you get hostages home without going in to try and get them when Hamas wont hand them over? Seems like a contradiction, no?

Stop bombing civilians and civilian infrastructure like hospitals , Hamas have handed hostages back during the ceasefire and have offered to release others but that was refused by Netanyahu as he has bigger fish to fry , the hostages are a useful tool for him to justify his agenda as has been shown by those hostages who have lost their lives due to Israeli bombing and shooting by IDF.

Like the ghost of Christmas present Netanyahu's time grows short , I look forward to his demise.

Yes you are one of the jew haters that frequently post in anti jew threads, you just hit bottom game over.

So any critism of Israel or their actions makes you a jew hater? Pathetic.

I bet you are a Muslim hater you racist.

So the 1/3 of the people of Israel are jEw haters.
jEW hateing jEW. WOW what next?
They find out Israel jeWs are fake

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The time to remove Netanyahu is not now. The last thing Israel needs is a leadership change right now. Bibi's got to go for sure once hostilities end, it was under his watch that 7/10 happened. Yet right now no division can be tolerated. The time to fight is now, ALL terrorist groups must be eliminated on Israel's borders and that includes Lebanon and Syria. Only once peace is restored can Netanyahu be expected by the general public to give up power. The military are going full on offensive right now and need 100% stability from the politicians. Too dangerous to do change right now.

Like Winston Churchill, dump him after the war is over...

Yeah and pretty good knowledge assuming you're a Yank. Churchill was a newbie and was yet to get his late stage as PM and people wanted change after years of war. Netanyahu has been through the newbie stage and even before the current war a large minority of locals in Israel were obsessed by getting him out of power. He will do anything to stay in power. After the curtailing of judicial reform today and the prospect of his coalition falling apart he might well do that anything to stay in power. Hezbollah or even Iran might be in the firing line just to keep the war rolling and Bibi in power

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yeah and pretty good knowledge assuming you're a Yank. Churchill was a newbie and was yet to get his late stage as PM and people wanted change after years of war. Netanyahu has been through the newbie stage and even before the current war a large minority of locals in Israel were obsessed by getting him out of power. He will do anything to stay in power. After the curtailing of judicial reform today and the prospect of his coalition falling apart he might well do that anything to stay in power. Hezbollah or even Iran might be in the firing line just to keep the war rolling and Bibi in power

I think he will be done at the end of his term.

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I doubt anything changes even if Netanyahu is replaced.

The situation is unsolvable, neither can have peace while the other exists.

Could get worse many critics want Netanyahu to level Gaza his refusal to do so is seen as weakness. In reality the US is behind the scenes trying to get Israel to calm down. This t8me I doubt that is going to happen. Israelis may be right go in destroy gaza take the political hits and move on. Currently they are dying by a thousand cuts because they are to scared to fight a serious war with hamas and risk losing status internationally

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Currently they are dying by a thousand cuts because they are to scared to fight a serious war with hamas and risk losing status internationally

That is so far from reality it's almost amusing , over 20,000 civilians dead many of them children and it's Israel suffering death by a thousand cuts ?

SMH.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

HAMAS planned and practiced the attack for 45 days, just across the border from Israel. Israeli spotters on horseback in 1915 would have noticed this activity. Today...the activity would have been 100% impossible to miss, by any nation who owns satellites and glances at GAZA from time to time.

Smell a conspiracy eh..totally true..

HAMAS is a MOSAD asset. The only line in the sand that actually needs to be drawn is humanity vs the deepstate,, its amazing how many peeps cant see whats happening.. Especially here on ats..

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There are 9 million people in Israel.

"Thousands" Calling for Netanyahu's Removal Across Israel would amount to a landslide victory for Netanyahu if an election was called.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WOW. THis sounds like the "81 million people" who voted for Biden after 3 AM in the morning.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

Currently they are dying by a thousand cuts because they are to scared to fight a serious war with hamas and risk losing status internationally

That is so far from reality it's almost amusing , over 20,000 civilians dead many of them children and it's Israel suffering death by a thousand cuts ?

SMH.

I'd say your post proves exactly that. Israel was attacked by terrorists killing women and children in their homes. Hamas will not stop until Israel no longer exists. And this is the last country in the middle east were jews are welcome. All there neighbors have forced jews to leave the country.In 1945, there were approximately 866,000 Jews living in communities throughout the Arab world. Today, there are fewer than 10,000. In many Arab states, once thriving Jewish communities have all but disappeared. And most of these live in turkey with reduced rights. Most countries that had large Jewish populations now have fewer then 100.

Arguing right of return would have to go both ways I think. Land ceased from jews would need to be returned and compensation made. Thos conflict isn't black and white there's a lot of gray in a conflict that has been going on since the crusades.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   

... over 20,000 civilians dead many of them children ...

Says Hamas. They lie. No one knows how many are dead in Gaza. And every death in Gaza is the fault of Hamas, and the Palestinians who support Hamas.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join