It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killings of Palestinian children are soaring in the West Bank.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This is very disturbing to say the least. I'm not seeing as much condemnation for this as one might expect, and because of that I think it will keep happening.

Yeah... Israel is making another boarder push, trying to slowly wipe out Palestine. The USA is backing it with the rest of the world condemning it. It has been sad to see how oppressed Palestine has become as Israel becomes more militant.

Israel knows they are upsetting their neighbors, preparing for an attack on all sides while some on these boards worry about Israel getting wiped out. They are pushing boundaries, as for when these boundaries push back and how much?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

I haven't seen anything indicating the US is backing on that front - they warned Israel earlier in the year about kicking off conflict when Israel voted to make nine previously illegal settlements in West Bank like Homesh changed to legal with IDF protection as it's against US and International Law plus violates Israeli-West Bank peace/disarmament agreements made in 2004.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If only HAMAS had not attacked Israel, or at the very least, surrender and stop putting children and civilians in front of them. War is hell.

I wonder how many have to be killed before they can be taught not to defend themselves..?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

That's Gaza rather than the West Bank though.

I agree the US has supported Israel in Gaza but in the West Bank they've been against settler violence and warned Israel not to make Homesh and nine other settlements legal as they're a violation of international law, Israeli law and the israeli - West Bank peace agreement.

The US State Dept has warned Israel several times over causing conflict with Palestinians in the West Bank and reminded Israel it's illegal under Israeli law for them to build on privately owned Palestinian land.

Gaza situation is different though due to Hamas attacks, terrorism and refusal to accept Israel's right to exist while Fatah/PA are against terrorism and want a two-state solution/support Israels right to exist since the 1980s.

edit on 21-12-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Killing children is a war crime, it doesn’t matter if they are being used as scouts, human shields, they are to young to act of their own volition. The IDF has a huge military advantage and they can’t seem to use non lethal weapons against women and children?

Not only that it took them a full 6 hours to respond to the attacks on Oct 7th, even though a former IDF soldier has said a cat couldn’t get past their wall without them knowing about it. They even called it their 9/11, which we all know was at least allowed to happen to justify the actions that followed.

Stop supporting these globalist psychopaths!

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you're explaining basic facts to someone who say's they're "educated" then you are wasting your breath. This site used to have more critical thinkers that made it fun to have a robust discussion of a topic...now it's Trump rah rah, or Biden booo, Isreali gov propaganda=good

It's a disappointment that more people don't see the blatant propaganda being put out on every side. There are basic fact at play.

The Palestinian people have been living in terrible conditions in Gaza since the 50's. The British #ed the region just like they did the rest of the world through colonialism. If there had been more thought put into any of it we wouldn't have the current clusterF that we currently do. Many young people are just sick of the constant world calamities caused by old white men. I'm a youngish white man and I'm frustrated that we can't have free healthcare and college because we feel the need to fund every other country...including Isreal, so they can have those things.

Maybe we're sick of putting up with the BS that is our system of government that doesn't represent the people.

a reply to: bastion

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Gaza situation is different though due to Hamas attacks, terrorism and refusal to accept Israel's right to exist while Fatah/PA are against terrorism and want a two-state solution/support Israels right to exist since the 1980s.

Israel does not want a two state solution, its doing all it can to eliminate Palestine. There was one excuse that Hamas could breach the boarder on Oct 7th as some action was going on in the West Bank that took many of the troops away. As for what was going on in the West Bank at the time? It is a dangerous place to be a journalist.

With how Israel has undertaken its invasion of Palestine, it has been slow and methodical, gradually working its way one street at a time with a lot of the ground taken eventually. As the pain in Gaza continues, the conflict is growing and spreading.

Israeli-Palestinian conflict chronicles: December 19-20, 2023

When its ok of Israel to blow up hospitals, schools and refuge camps in Gaza, what is killing a few and arresting more in the West Bank? Chip away at the edges for when its time to take over there soon as well. With the level of hatred that has been expressed around this issue, I don't see Israel having the will to stop. The USA congress is captured by Israel.

The only real chance I see for Palestine to survive is if the US Dollar was to get reset. This will disrupt the war machine enough to leave Israel alone and exposed to its own makings.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Welrus

The vision of the mandate failed. Or it's succeeding.

To propose two warring factions live peacefully as neighbors has proven ludicrous and diabolical.

Heart can't be in right place if brain is fudged
edit on 12/21/2023EAMR by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

To propose two warring factions live peacefully as neighbors has proven ludicrous and diabolical.

What like France and Germany after WW2? Or how about the troubles in Ireland? That was partly a religious conflict.
What’s ludicrous and diabolical is thinking the cycle of violence is the answer and perpetual war, which historically has only ever benefited those that fund it.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: YouSir

Isn't HAMAS the elected leadership of Palestine? I admit to not knowing the interworking's of their government, but this is what appears to be the universally accepted truth.

Ummm...no...Hamas only ruled the Gaza Strip...The Palestinian Authority Rules the West Bank...the OP addresses only children killed by the IDF occupiers in the West Bank...not in Gaza...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mechtech87
The British #ed the region just like they did the rest of the world through colonialism. If there had been more thought put into any of it we wouldn't have the current clusterF that we currently do.

What a load of boll*cks. The British Empire was a force for good. Civilisation was spread around the world along with a basic form of democracy. When it comes to the land we now know as Israel we contributed by ridding the region of the Turks by kicking their ass in WW1 then did the right thing and gave the newly gained land to the natives of all religions jews, christians and muslims.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

Where are you getting your information?

The law should not be misunderstood to mean that civilians have absolute immunity from attack in all cases. They certainly have immunity from direct attack. However, military objectives do not stop being military objectives just because civilians are present; the latter share the danger of being there. Care must nevertheless be taken, as we know, to limit civilian collateral damage to the absolute minimum. For example, civilians working in a munitions, weapons or aircraft factory run a risk by being there and are very much part of a legitimate military objective. The civilian driver of an oil tanker vehicle being used for military purposes, however, is only part of a legitimate objective while piloting the tanker. The same applies to workers when they are at home or outside their factory; they are then protected against attack.

www.icrc.org...

The fact that a child soldier can be a combatant or a civilian taking direct part in hostilities implies that this child soldier can be directly targeted.

rsc-src.ca...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mechtech87

The British #ed the region just like they did the rest of the world through colonialism.

We weren't alone....but we were the best.
And compared to contemporary empires we were probably the most benevolent.
Just check out The French Empire, The Spanish Empire or how Belgium and Germany treated people in their colonies.

See how some of the subject peoples in The Ottoman Empire.

Every empire throughout history has been built on conquest?

I wonder why the fixation with The British Empire?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Welrus

There have been more than 100 such killings this year — the highest toll on record, according to the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which began tracking casualties in 2005.

My reaction is the same as when people cite numbers from the "Gaza Health Ministry" (Hamas).

How many terrorists do they say have been killed?

I'll give you a clue: it's 0. They count terrorists as civilians/children.

ETA: That doesn't mean NO civilians or innocent children are being killed. Piss off with that gaslighting nonsense.
edit on 21-12-2023 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

Hey buddy normally I would agree. But if a child in a mob is going to raise a lot Molotov in my direction, I don't think I would think too hard about shooting him center mass. Rocks I would just gas them. But molotovs can harm many, so it should deserve a bullet .

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

thanks for correcting me.

And thanks YouSir. I was fulfilling the prophecy of the fly.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

Killing children is a war crime, it doesn’t matter if they are being used as scouts, human shields, they are to young to act of their own volition. The IDF has a huge military advantage and they can’t seem to use non lethal weapons against women and children?

Not only that it took them a full 6 hours to respond to the attacks on Oct 7th, even though a former IDF soldier has said a cat couldn’t get past their wall without them knowing about it. They even called it their 9/11, which we all know was at least allowed to happen to justify the actions that followed.

Not a war crime if they are fighting. Lmao

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Ok a previous reply asked me where I was getting my info from and to that I would say my conscious, I was also thinking of the truck of women and children fleeing Gaza that was blown up. However I suppose if a child was firing directly at me I would fire back going for a non lethal shot preferably. It just seems to me the IDF could be just as, if not more effective using non lethal weapons, such as those microwave weapons that burn the skin of anyone in range causing them severe pain and to flee, you could gain and hold much ground with these I imagine.

My overall stance is that both the Hamas and Israeli leadership are the real culprits of this current conflict, and hence both sides need new leadership, I think much the same can be said for the rest of the world as it happens.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cracka

originally posted by: AllisVibration

Not a war crime if they are fighting. Lmao

It's crazy how many people who try to lecture others about "war crimes" have no idea what they actually are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join