It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF sniper kills 2 women inside Gaza church, according to Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Link

An Israeli Defense Forces sniper shot and killed two women inside the Holy Family Parish in Gaza on Saturday, according to a statement from the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, which oversees Catholic churches across Cyprus, Jordan, Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

The majority of Christian families inside Gaza have taken refuge inside the parish since the start of the war, the statement added.

The two women, described as a mother and daughter, were walking to the convent, and "one was killed as she tried to carry the other to safety," it said. Seven others were shot and wounded in the attack.

"No warning was given, no notification was provided. They were shot in cold blood inside the premises of the Parish, where there are no belligerents," the statement continued.

Cruel and indiscriminate killing of all people. Now, even inside churches.

I am so glad the international criminal court in the Hague has already started war crimes investigations.

I am at a loss for words, which doesn't happen often, I am verbose, as you all know. I think fast, I write fast, and I say a lot. In this case, there is nothing more I can add regarding this unnecessary and unprovoked tragedy.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Yes, Hamas will hide anywhere. I see they actually found the nun convent. Next up, the shelter for special needs children. Oh wait, that was the same place.

Strange how this is making me colder, with every story like this that pops up. Instead of turning me against Israel it's making me more apathetic to the fodder these fighters take refuge behind.

And also not care even if its totally true and the IDF did it for whatever.

BECAUSE IT'S MASS PUBLICATION IS PROPAGANDA DESIGNED TO SWAY MY OPINION AND MANIPULATE ME.
edit on 17-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Yes, Hamas will hide anywhere. I see they actually found the nun covent. Next up special the shelter needs children.

Funny how this is making me colder, with every story like this that pops up.

I think that's wrong, doesn't seem like you can get any colder.

If you took the time to read the article you'd already know the convent was full of Christian refugees only. But tell yourself whatever you want, and ignore the facts to justify your own cruelty.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   

No, I can get colder, but I don't like needing to have my posts removed.

And I can only find liberal sources on this, so it's like a conservative stolen election story, most likely deceptive.

All along Hamas has been using refugees as shields. Camps especially. What's to say there weren't Hamas there, and the Christians sympathized, and are lying about who was there? Christians in Palestine are likely to sympathize with Palestine and hold resentment of Israel, so can't rule that out. And didn't ISIS popularize coward based cross-dressing? Never know.

But...

Justification? Don't need one. Because I honestly don't care how many Palestinians casualties there are. I support Israel achieving their objective of deposing the leadership like its an indiscriminate allied raid on Berlin if they see fit.

Call it Apathy to the news.

And while stories like this will sway some, I took it upon myself to spare the fake facade of virtue, and instead ask where all the articles about the cruelty of Hamas are?

And if they did it for no reason, the world will force the war crime toilet paper summons eventually.

But until then, I'll quote noted anti-zionist activist Norman Finklestein and say, "F*ck your crocodile tears."

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

No, I can get colder, but I don't like needing to have my posts removed.

I was talking about the heart. I know you can get meaner.

In another thread I explain all of this was a heart issue, not an education or an IQ issue. Your heart can't get any colder.

The rest of your post very acutely supports that.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My heart doesn't recognize propaganda. And don't worry I'm an echo chamber of one with this position. Maybe I'll help your cause making Zionism look bad.

Especially because I employ satanic principle to justify Israeli retaliation.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

+

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Hamas controlled Palestine didn't stop on Oct 7th, Israel is destroying them.

Really, I am f*cking sick of it. It's deliberately designed to make me hate Israel and nothing more. Same old viral mind trying to get me to cosign IDF condemnation. They'll use anything. Kids. Nuns. Anytime something can be used to make Palestine look like the most victimized of victims.

I want the IDF statement. And I want it out of the influence of bias that tells me their covering up another one of their atrocities. They surrounded this convent Nov 20th and let all charity workers evacuate, so this had been brewing 3 weeks or so.

Obviously missing part of the story.

Also hard to find non-bias reporting on it, which is why I closed my heart to its authenticity as stated.

Why is it ONLY condemning journalism that reports some news stories?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Ignore the facts all you want, call it propaganda, do whatever you have to do to sleep better at night.

An IDF sniper, and maybe others, executed two Christian women inside the parish. They injured another 7, trying to kill them. Those were lucky. This was deliberate. You don't shoot 9 people inside a church by mistake. Using a scope.

That is a fact. Reported by the parish and the greater "Patriarchate of Jerusalem, which oversees Catholic churches across Cyprus, Jordan, Israel, Gaza and the West Bank". I'm guessing all the people targeted and killed inside the church were Catholics.

I'm done with you. You're showing me who you are, I am believing you. If we had this conversation in real life and you told me you didn't care how many people were killed, you didn't care about Christians or Muslims alike, that you were cold and supported genocide, as you did... I would turn around and walk away. And never talk to you again.

That's what I'm gonna do here too. You don't deserve another minute of my time.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Our paths wouldn't cross. I live in an alternate reality where the IDF doesn't attack a convent without a Hamas or PIJ target inside.

But you're already walking away, so I'm just talking to myself now. And now people are looking at me strange.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'll put this update in here too, as it is also illegal killing of international people, same as the church killings.

So far IDF has killed, in addition to over 18,700 people in Gaza, injured over 50,000, killed so far over 100 international UN aid workers, and 64 international journalists. 85% of Gaza has been leveled, and 2.3 million people, or around 90% of the population has been displaced. Their homes are rubble.

We're just missing the trains and the "showers."

In some minds this is ok. In reality this is genocide and ethnic cleansing.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
A SNIPER can't distinguish between a man or a woman? One of the women who was CARRYING the other?
Sounds like a turkey shoot on the part of the IDF to me.
Sad rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It's abhorrent. We also found out today that the three Israeli hostages the IDF executed were shirtless to show they are unarmed, and were holding a white flag. Shot on sight.

edit on 17-12-2023 by Mahogani because: add link

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is the same guy who claims that Israel air bombed a hospital in Gaza and killed 500 people. The Hamas propaganda was totally debunked but he still says it. He is a good dhimmi and repeats Hamas propaganda. The story doesn't say how he could know what is happening in Gaza to know that these two people were supposedly shot. How did he get communications when they are all down?

The story may be true. The story may not be true. We'll never know. There are lots of stories coming out of that war. Some true. Some not true.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   

In 1975 I was 13 and visited Israel as part of an educational trip around the Mediterranean over Christmas and New Year. When we disembarked off the ship we were split into 2 lines and 'processed' by the IDF in military tents. It was frightening. The women who searched us girls were armed to the teeth, rifles and handguns. We were all schoolchildren ranging from 13-18 years old. The woman who searched me thought I was carrying a grenade or some such..... it was a small square case which contained nail polish, my Christmas gift from an aunt. She had her hand on her pistol after she frisked me and then searched my backpack and found it. This was Christmas Eve. The Israelies are over reactive in my personal experience of them and trust ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
The Israelies are over reactive in my personal experience of them and trust ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!

You do realize that they are the constant victims of terrorist attacks. Suicide bombings. Shootings. Rocket attacks. Constant verbal promises from their enemies that the Jews will be wiped out. etc etc. OF COURSE they are going to be extremely careful and trust absolutely nobody. Anything other than that kind of attitude is suicide for them.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The only thing that can be added is simply to say rest in peace.

Hopefully, those responsible will one day be brought to justice for committing such a heinous act of depravity.

I would not hold my breath all the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Yes of course I know, but they are not helping themselves.
They have seen themselves as the victims and under threat from all directions since the holocaust. Until they drop that 'attitude/belief', nothing will change.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

And also not care even if its totally true and the IDF did it for whatever.

From Vatican news , although as you're willing to give Israel a free pass to commit whatever crimes it pleases it really doesn't matter to you , does it.

The victims are Nahida and her daughter Samar who were shot and killed as they walked to the Sister's Convent. "One was killed as she tried to carry the other to safety," the statement said.

Seven more people were reportedly also shot and wounded as they tried to protect those inside the church compound. The Patriarchate's statement noted, "No warning was given, no notification was provided. They were shot in cold blood inside the premises of the Parish, where there are no belligerents."

Attack on Missionaries of Charity Convent

The statement also revealed that a rocket fired from an Israeli Defense Forces tank during the morning targeted and struck the Convent of the Sisters of Mother Theresa, destroying the building's generator - its only source of electricity - while a massive fire damaged the house.

"The Convent is home to over 54 disabled persons and is part of the church compound, which was signalled as a place of worship since the beginning of the war," it said.

The building was subsequently targeted by two more rockets rendering the home inhabitable: "The 54 disabled persons are currently displaced and without access to the respirators that some of them need to survive."
www.vaticannews.va...

The Rogue State in action, repeating the crimes of the deep dark past , doing to others what was done to you.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   
More on the plight of Mother Teresa’s nuns.

Rayappangari said that recently he was able to speak briefly to a Missionary of Charity sister in Jerusalem, who in turn had spoken to the nuns in the Gaza convent, and who described the realities they face.

“Sometimes some generous and courageous people bring something for them to eat,” Rayappangari quoted the sister as saying.

“Whatever they receive from outside, the sisters first serve the residents. If there is anything left, they eat. Sometimes they get just one meal a day … most of the time it is just one meal a day,” he said.

Rayappangari said food supplies are becoming a steadily greater challenge.

“One day they had just one loaf of bread shared among the three,” he said. “The other day it was just an orange, and the three sisters shared it among them.”

Rayappangari also said witnessing the horrors of war has become a daily occurrence not only at the convent but also the nearby parish, where an estimated 700 people have sought refuge from the shelling and combat.

“One lady wanted to go home in order to take a bath,” Rayappangari said, recounting a story he heard from the sisters. “As she stepped out of the campus, she was shot and died bleeding.”

“May the Prince of Peace give peace to this land,” he said.
catholicherald.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

so HAMAS are the good guys and we should kill all the joos, is that what this is about?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so HAMAS are the good guys and we should kill all the joos, is that what this is about?

Hamas probably were playing sniper shooting at Palestinians and blamed it on the Jews. They've done that before ... shooting the Palestinians and blaming the IDF ... blowing up civilians traveling out of harms way and blaming the IDF ... have their own rockets fall and kill Palestinians and blame the IDF ... etc. Anyways, the story comes from the Patriarchate of Jerusalem, a good dhimmi, who has spread Hamas propaganda in the past and been guilty of blood libel. He isn't exactly a great source for truthful information. So the story may or may not be true. If true, then shame on the IDF. If not true, then shame on Hamas and the dhimmi Patriarchate of Jerusalem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join