It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November Member Art Gallery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheVelvetElvis

That's excellent, TheVelvetElvis! My father used to paint those kind of still life setups, but not as realistic as yours.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I expected nothing less than perfection, Terry. Another masterpiece!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Love it, JJ! You can't beat nature to provide for artistic inspiration and creations.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thank you. Bit spooky how you did that but thank who who a reply to: Encia22

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Terry, I really love this piece. It's so intricate and the colors pop so much. I hope to see a lot more of your work in the future.

Velvet

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wow! That's an amazing piece. At first glance I thought it was a collage but after reading your post I see it's even more interesting. I wish I could see it in person. I bet all the textures are delicious up close.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

No never. You would not believe to amazing purples pinks and whites I can get from peeling the bark!

You will laugh. I made a 4 foot by 5 foot birch art for a massive house. It looked amazing over one of their 3 fireplaces lol. It was one of my first in 2004. I used the wrong glue and one year later under the birch it turned yellow. It was a big mess. Lesson learned.

I could only find the glue at Michael’s. They stopped selling it last year. It was the best. I found it again. Even Amazon does not sell it!

Have you ever done any paper making? I used to make my own paper many years ago and got some pretty interesting effects with different source material.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster1
Actually just realised the my avatars is the picture I want add, so just look at my avatar enlarged.
Oil painting of a Ruru a native owl in Aotearoa. Painted for a secret Santa present for a colleague at my work, oil paint on a piece of wood recycled from a piece of furniture my husband made. I love to paint in oil and is almost always shades of blue. Its about a foot high.
The avatar picture actually cuts out some of the painting but you get the gist

That's really cool Cloudbuster. I love owls and this piece is so whimsical. The colors and designs really work with the unusual shape of the canvas. I noticed the white wind strokes in between the clouds are visually continued off the canvas by the curves in the board. I don't know if that was on purpose or a happy accident, but either way it's great design work and make the piece feel really dynamic.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you E, I am always warmed by your appreciation. And perfect indeed, it needs to be. It's not so much drawing but rather construction with portions composed to fit one after another in such a manner that they fit with the next and eventually as it finishes, fit with where it started.

In woodworking there is a a term for repeated ornamental notching called ''gadroon''. I use a lot of it in my work such as the triangle shapes surrounding the major center piece. They have to fit perfectly otherwise it comes out screwy. One little error along the way multiplies itself at times so that hours and even days of work come out smashed when I put them together. It is fun otherwise especially when all the parts come together and work as they have in this piece.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Thank you V. I have posted several pieces so far under this name of Bingo. One can be found here near the bottom of the page. You can't miss it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I bet all the textures are delicious up close.

This was my thought as well, up close the textures of the wood should be striking.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Pink. I can't visualize that. I have a difficult time with pink for some reason. Purples are fine, but pink, I just have not ever been able to work with pink.

Red white and blue as well give me problems. The way I mix colors, keeping to that color scheme almost always tends to turn the visual sense of the blue and red giving off a strong purpleness that is hard to avoid.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

That's excellent, TheVelvetElvis! My father used to paint those kind of still life setups, but not as realistic as yours.

Thanks so much. It's all CGI so it makes sense it's a little more realistic.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes, sorry, I meant to say that the chiaroscuro effect gives it the same ambiance as a very realistic painting... less photorealism, notwithstanding it's CGI.

edit on 7/11/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Hi thank you so much, the textures are amazing!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Nature is amazing to do are with! Yes!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Here are some others. Only put up a few. The pinks are hard to see in photos! I have sold many at are shows!

fineartamerica.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That's great art you made , now I've done different styles of digital art but lost creativity for personal reasons over the years.

I started to work with photoshop and a friend of my did some photography
He lend me one of his photographs to create something

Space and science fiction were always my biggest interests
With this image I won a contest in advanced photoshop

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Wow! That is amazing!!! I could use that for a ATS short story for sure! So cool!

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Seeing if these work. More oil paintings, hate painting in acrylic.
edit on 8-11-2023 by Cloudbuster1 because: Change entirely

Oh dang it forgot to edit screen shots, oh well.
edit on 8-11-2023 by Cloudbuster1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join