It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are NOT to be perpetual sinners. Don't be gaslit by false doctrine.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thank you very much

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
Never seen you back anything up re living a sinless live with anything but a few scriptures out of context
Believe as you wish but, outside if you living a sinless life as we speak, you are kidding yourself, if you think you are living a sinless life, you are kidding yourself
edit on 2-7-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Never seen you back anything up re living a sinless live with anything but a few scriptures out of context
Believe as you wish but, outside if you living a sinless life as we speak, you are kidding yourself, if you think you are living a sinless life, you are kidding yourself

Very correct from my studies. If anyone believes they are saved by works
in anyway at all? Then what did Jesus have to suffer the cross for at all?

Once saved always saved not from judgement. But from condemnation.

It makes sense because God knew he had to make it simple for us.

Or none would be saved. "For whom so ever believeth in him ( not do works in his name)
will have eternal life."

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: nugget1

Those are excellent questions. Take them to God in humility, and you'll find the answers if you persist. There's no point in asking me, because I'm pretty sure you've already assumed that you're right and I'm wrong.

We're both wrong; not a single person on this planet has the answers you profess to know, yet there's no shortage of people who want counsel others on spiritual 'truth'.

It's that kind of proselytizing that's fueling the increasing number of atheists, IMO.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

We're both wrong; not a single person on this planet has the answers you profess to know, yet there's no shortage of people who want counsel others on spiritual 'truth'.

Speaking of Spiritual "truth"....

Do you believe trump was anointed by God?

www.christiantoday.com...

religionnews.com...

edit on 2-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Speaking of Spiritual "truth"....

Do you believe trump was anointed by God?

www.christiantoday.com...

religionnews.com...

What a ridiculous question! I have to assume you're just joking, but if not: no. I don't believe any politician is or ever has been 'appointed by God'. I don't see organized religion as doing 'God's Work' either. It's run no different than political systems today, with the same caliber of people at the top.

Maybe by satan, though.......

edit on 70000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am sure that belief re Trump, much like the belief of the op
“My understanding comes from prayerful study and practice.”
Comes from the exact same place, personal understanding and prayerfully study on the individual and their own belief and practice

It has nothing to do with the “truth and foundation of the gospel, the church”
In fact, the church in my opinion shouldn’t be political, Jesus never got involved with politics

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I've backed my arguments with scripture. You just rejected the evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

God saved us for good works that he prepared for us to walk in.

[Eph 2:8-10 KJV] 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

If we refuse to walk in those works, we will be removed from Christ and thrown into the fire. There is no salvation apart from Christ.

[Jhn 15:2, 6, 10 KJV] 2 Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. ... 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. ... 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The scriptures are clear. The branches IN CHRIST that do not bear fruit are removed FROM CHRIST.
This is in reference to born-again believers. The only way in Christ is by the Holy Spirit given to us upon faith.

[1Co 12:13 KJV] 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Anyone with a middle school level of reading comprehension can see the truth. If you can't see it, it's because you don't want to, and would prefer to lie to yourself and others. Repent!

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Yeah but, nah, its you in your love and christian faith who calls me "uneducated", its the sin in your life, its arrogance, pride self righteousness
Paul writes, “But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me” (Rom, 7 verse 15-20).
Pauls words are almost a riddle

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I didn't call you uneducated. I know you're sufficiently educated, because you're capable of communicating in a coherent manner through text.

It would be better for you to be uneducated, because then you would have plausible deniability. But you reject the truth, and break fellowship with your brothers and sisters of the elect.

I take no delight in saying these things to you. I would prefer we built things together in the Spirit, but you're unwilling, and now the Lord will have to discipline you.

Do not resist his discipline.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Rom, 7 verse 15-20.

Read Romans 6-8. The context for chapter 7 alone should tell you that Romans 7:14-25 is speaking about Paul's experience as a believer under the Law. Romans 7:6 explains that we're no longer bound to the flesh through the Law. Paul was speaking in the present tense for dramatic effect.

Paul was not speaking in riddles. If his words seem enigmatic to you it's because you're not keeping things in context.

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Well BP, I would prefer to be me over you, prefer to be in Gods grace than arrogant enough to think sin doesn’t live in me or
Suggest others read verse that you think supports your version of Christianity

Paul is very clear, in Jesus we are a new creation, a new creature, sin is no longer in our DNA, no longer are we, as we were, born into sin
Sin is now a virus in our lives, not a part of our existence but an invader, a disease
New creations, born again, sin is in us but not of us

If you think, you are smarter than others, your relationship with God is better than others, you are above the church
That’s on you

Believe as you will

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Can a man be born and then become unborn?

So goes the rule for the born again.

No one lives a sinless life in this world.

That's why Jesus and that's why your teaching puts less faith in his shed blood.

Your teaching is repetitious believing repentance can save you. Over and over
on a merry go round. When God forgives" ALL" our sins do you think he only
meant the sins in our past?
edit on 3-7-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I believe you meant to reply to me, because Raggedyman actually agrees with you.

Unborn?

You mean like death, or the second death?

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Born into corrupt flesh, first birth
Born into sinless spirit, “born again” second birth
Would be an accurate explanation of my faith
The second birth is spiritual and sinless, though sin is still in our body, it’s no longer us, it is an invader, it is a virus, it is sin in me but not a part of me
Like a virus, it’s not my natural anymore, the virus invades, attacks me, corrupts me but my natural now wants to fight the invader, not embrace the virus, the sin that attacks me.

Or
Sin is like my poo, it’s waste, needing to be expelled, rid of, my natural is to expel what is not of me but within me

Just consider that, think it is what Paul teaches very clearly

posted on Jul, 3 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I believe you meant to reply to me, because Raggedyman actually agrees with you.

Yes of course and I apologize my good member. Don't understand what happened there but my bad.

I love the Father Jesus and try to follow his ways in a world that makes that near impossible.

The key is wanting to because of that love.

I don't believe either of us will be denied a place in Gods KIngdom.

Do you?

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If we double down on error after being convicted by the Holy Spirit and disciplined by God, the there's no reason why we should be let into the kingdom.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

If we double down on error after being convicted by the Holy Spirit and disciplined by God, the there's no reason why we should be let into the kingdom.

Partner there is only one reason we will be apart of Gods KIngdom.

And that's Jesus Christ. The truth the life and the only way.

I suggest you focus on him more than the sins of others.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I see. Is that why you commented on my thread? Because you were focusing on him?

I was sharing freedom from sin in Christ. You rejected the scriptures I shared, to push the OSAS false gospel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join