It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking my journeymen ironworker test tomorrow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Howdy ya’ll

Tomorrow I’m taking my journeymen ironworker test tomorrow. I was a union shop ironworker for ten years and transferred to the field Ironworkers two years ago. I actually had started my apprenticeship in my home stage ten years ago, got into some trouble and quit. It at me alive for all those years. Those ten years I suffered some major losses. My mom, brother in a tragic truck wreck that I should’ve been in, my first love of my life to an overdose and a lot of other hurdles along the way.
The union Ironworkers is one big family. It’s a brotherhood. They have always been there for me when times got tough. Always made sure to check up on me. Being an apprentice you’re put through trials and tribulations and it is not easy. It’s hard living. I made a lot of sacrifices along the way and overcame a lot of fears. Tomorrow my status changes within the ranks. A whole new life starts. For me, it’s not a job it’s my life. Some people say there’s more to life than work. That is true but, ironwork is a whole different ball game. It’s big egos, respect, honor amongst highly trained professionals and when it comes together in unison some of americas great structures have been built by us. I take great pride in what I do. I wanted to share this for the normal member like me. If you see an ironworker high up on the iron in the sky, honk, wave and yell.
If you would be so kind and obliged say a prayer and wish me could luck if you could.

We are “The Cowboys of the Sky”

Liquidiron over and out

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquidiron

Congratulations on your achievement! I'm sorry for your losses and hard times, but glad you made it to the 'other side'.
Prayers said and best wishes for your life going forward!

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Glad to see you didn't give up on yourself.

You got this.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Congrats and good luck on your exam !

edit on 11-5-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Good luck on your testing, hope you get certified.

An iron worker is a good profession. It usually pays pretty decent too.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Do well on your exam. I was a steelworker for 41 years, 3 months and eight days. Shop Super. I love cooking and worked many different restaurants as a youth. French, Italian, seafood, and a breakfast. But the big money wasn't there. I found the big money was in steel. Welding, and operating machinery, and managing shifts of men, managing environmental, and Quality assurance. Our steel is used nationwide in bridges and buildings. My certified welds are even located in the Bay bridge and under the north side of the Golden Gate bridge, and many bridges nationwide. Steel work is something everyone in the US benefits from. Steel and Iron work are something you will make a lot of money from, and even better, you can be very proud of. Pass that test!

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Best of luck to you tomorrow and everyday thereafter... Stay safe and stay strong.

Thanks for all your good works.

posted on May, 11 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Good luck and God Speed.

Iron work is "right livelihood" as the Buddhists would say.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   
We’re pulling for you.
I had s similar sequence of losses in my life not too long ago.
It was a really rough time but I had a few good people help me through, and one extra awesome person who reminded me to “live again “.

I am happy to see you “live”.
You got this! But tossing in some good luck too.

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Good luck! Quite a job too. Impressive. You go guy!

posted on May, 12 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good luck on your exam, I am sure you will kill it. I was a Union Ironworker for 10 years doing structural steel. I am now a General Superintendent for a General Contractor. I wouldn't be where I am today without the Ironworking experience as my backbone. Get after it!

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good luck!

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Spam removed
edit on May 17th 2023 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt
A super late reply it’s been busy since then. I graduated in the top 5% of my class and came in first in two categories. I immediately boomed out to my first big job. I’m currently down in Arizona on the biggest structural job in the country currently and also it has the biggest crawler crane in the world on-site it’s called Sky reacher by Liebherr it is one bad rig !

top topics

join