It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m done with Amazon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you paid by credit card, can also use that route to get your money back under fraud terms.

Good luck

I did that today. I kept screenshots from my messages with Amazon so I hope that’s enough.

I always screen shot messages with Amazon when it involves so some BS like that.

Worse was when I ordered a new TV. Set up a scheduled delivery, no delivery. The delivery company (3rd party) said no one was home, even though I was home all day. Finally delivered it on a day I WAS OUT OF TOWN, and left the 70" TV box on the front porch in plain view. I called, raised hell, and told them they better come back and pick that # up because I was out of state and they missed the scheduled date. They did pick it up that day, and redelivered when I was back in town, but it was damaged from their # handling.

Contacted Amazon and finally got everything resolved, with them picking up the damaged TV (even though they tried to tell me I could keep it and get a partial refund, as I'm like THEY FN BROKE IT)., and about or so later finally getting that TV. Probably should have gone to Walmart by that point, because they has the same size slightly cheaper.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You have just been exposed to the "new business model"
Enjoy .

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...as am I...

For today...

I just ordered two front hub assemblies for my F1fiddy...they were one third the price for both front assemblies than for a single one at NAPA...and the shipping was free...

So...I'll replace those...along with two half shafts and the four wheel drive actuators...and save myself about a thousand dollars between parts and labor...

Of course I'll have ingested much libations...YouTube videos...and lungs filled...

For the knuckles busting expelling of many four letter words...natch...

YouSir

As a mechanic, I too used to save alot via auto parts ordered from Amazon, at least until parts started going insanely up compared to RA....now alot of the time it seems when I look up parts at all between the 2, Amazon which once would occasionally be significantly cheaper for the same part #'s is well well WELL over realistic prices. Unless its a dire need for a part in a hurry for which I deal with Orielly's then everything now I order from Rock Auto.

posted on Apr, 6 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
Amazon has been frustrating me lately too. What I get is a prime item and it is delayed. It happens about fifty percent of the time. Online will say: it's out for delivery. Then that night it didn't come and I look at my account and it is delayed to the next day or that they give me the message if it does not arrive by x date some time in the following week to message them. It will usually come.

I was going to make a same comment here, but you beat me to it. When did 2 day shipping turn into something less for the cost of more? Still waiting on a new car seat almost 1 week later.
edit on 6-4-2023 by DeathisNothingnew because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2023 by DeathisNothingnew because: Fix broken quote

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm unfortunately beholden to the convenience of Amazon's shipping & returns policies, because being disabled means I find it very difficult to go out to physical shops to look for items I may need - also I find it tiring & taxing to search on other websites to find a suitable product, when I know that finding it on Amazon will take but a few minutes at most. I hate the fact that I'm dependent to such a degree that almost 95% of our non-food purchases (if not more) are made on Amazon, that I'm supporting a creep, a tyrant, an abusive boss, IE Jeff Bezos - but I can't avoid it for the reasons stated. Paradox.

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I tried to buy a lamp from them.

Short story is that the producer never shipped the lamp.

But I had Amazon's outsourced help from India assuring me that it had shipped and would arrive in X days.

Finally got ahold of the producer and they acknowledged the error and refunded my money.

Sour experience. But Amazon sells some software products that can be downloaded, so no delivery issues there.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 7 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Holy Crap guys, they are about to test how stubborn I am.

I disputed the charge with my cc company and they sided with me, (lots of evidence)
Amazon now sent me an email saying they will recharge!

Do I really have to go to small claims over this?.....

posted on Apr, 8 2023 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Stupid on Amazon's part. Good luck in court, if it goes that far.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   

edit on Tue Aug 8 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 04:58 AM
link   

<< 1   >>

join