It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I ask why electric vehicles not self charging

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

There are some roads in southern Ontario that I was told are being tested as recharging strips.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
There is one electric truck fleet that charges itself. You just need to load tones of rocks on top of a mountain and unload them at the bottom.

edit on 4 20 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
once you/they add all these fancy power generators on a EV.... you've got a Rube Goldberg contraption that is too complex to use-understand-pay for

my EV uses a 48volt flooded battery bank (lead-acid) there would be not place to mount a 48v alternater...
But i have switched tyres from 7" + to standard 5 " tyres... i get more speed and range on a charge up now, but hey, i only travel maybe 12 miles per week total

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I also think if we put giant fans in front of wind turbines we could get serious power while combatting global warming.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

How do I explain this?

A n electric car operates by using batteries to store power. That power is sent to the motors which cause the wheels to turn and makes the car move. The harder it is for the car to move, the more power it takes form the batteries.

That's the same principle as a semi truck using more fuel than a Hyundai... sure it does because it is bigger, heavier, and thus is harder to move.

Anything that makes it harder for the car to move means the car uses more power to move it. If you attach a generator to the wheels, it takes power to turn that generator, and that makes it harder for the car to move. Now, most of the electric vehicles I have seen use regenerative braking, which means there are little generators (or the equivalent thereof) attached to the wheels. They are turned off while driving (so they present almost no power drag) but are energized when you step on the brake. That does help with range, since it uses energy that would otherwise be burned off as heat.

A turbine on the front would make it harder for the car to move, meaning it would take more power from the batteries to move the car. The result would be less energy going into the batteries than the extra energy coming out of the batteries. No power conversion is 100% efficient.

Solar might help, but most solar cells could not handle the vibration of a typical car and still last more than a few weeks.

In short, we're doing the best we can do with today's technology.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LastFirst

Simple notice of 480v motor pulling less amps than 120v. Doing same work. hmmm. 🍞 Crumbs.

OK, we get it. You have no idea what you're talking about and you proved it. Good work.

Power is not specified in amps, or volts for that matter. It is specified in watts, wattage being equal to voltage times amperage. That's not first-year electrical engineering; it is literally first-DAY electrical engineering. They teach that on the very first day of the "intro to" course... which is about as Mickey Mouse as one can get since it is only designed to let a student decide if they want to do the whole course.

A 480 volt motor, at the same efficiency, will draw exactly one fourth as much current (amps) as a 120 volt motor. Both will draw the exact same wattage and, all else being equal, output the same amount of rotational energy.

If you're an engineer, I'm Queen Vickie's pet green tiger.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

If only we had a road that only went downhill.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

The one thing that would work, is to put permanent magnets into the roads. A coil of wire in the car could charge the batteries while it moved over the magnets. This would extend the range significantly.

Actually it wouldn't work. A coil of wire moving across a magnetic field (cutting flux lines) would generate a voltage, yes, but it would also require energy to cross the magnetic field. That's how a generator works, by moving coils of wire through a magnetic field, and generators require energy to turn them.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The whole exterior of the car could have been made out of solar panels, as a rule of thumb that would be 6ix or seven hundred watts of charge. That would charge the batteries up pretty quickly, and then what would the big boys do? The revenue drop-off would be cataclysmic. I know a few people now who are off-grid, just a few solar panels . This will have an effect on big power at some stage. Since they are corporate they will bring in a law taxing solar panels. If people owned their own houses and were savvy enough, it would mean a good savings, as it's not necessarily the money earned but how much is saved. They say that solar panels have a life span, but since it is mostly the diodes that burn out and are easily replaced they are for all intents and purposes pretty timeless. So if the NWO wants control of humankind they will have to move on this, because self-sufficiency will be the killer of their plans..,

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Electric cars do not have solar panels because when solar panels are on cars, they are only converting 15%-20% of the energy from the sun. The solar panels would only give about 3 miles of energy in one hour of charging. This is very inefficient and currently doesn't make sense to use on electric cars yet.

gearandcylinder.com...#:~:text=Electric%20cars%20do%20not%20have,use%20on%20electric%20cars%20yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But it's free, and charging while the car is parked up anywhere. But they would get everyone hooked and then bring in the tax. www.mysolarquotes.co.nz...

edit on 20-4-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

But it's free, and charging while the car is parked up anywhere.

Since when are solar panels free?

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   

When you collect them as rubbish bound for recycling and then check for burnt spots broken glass if all ok, then replace the diodes if otherwise clean. I did buy one to add another it was a hundred bucks. So now I have them feeding a couple of batteries with a two hundred amp-hour load , rigged up a Rectifier. So the workshop is off-grid.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I do not see why design can't accommodate for resin-encased solar cells. Sure maintenance is going to be costly, and a cheap DIY fix of a solar cell will look wonky, but come on, it's a solar car!

This design very intelligently uses the 3 wheels on an airframe approach to maximize efficiency just like the Dymaxion Car.

Aptera EV

At least 90 percent of the power produced by the Aptera’s solar panels goes toward making the vehicle move, the company says.

posted on Apr, 20 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Greetings,
Good question. Since about 1950 the gov has confiscated over 5000 patents that relate to FREE energy devices.

How ever some have gotten thru the cracks. Large greedy money hungry companies do not want to manufacture them because once on the road or in your home there's no more profit.

Good place to find some of this technology is on the, zeropointenergy.com.
They have been screw'g us for a long, long time

If they were really interested in saving the planet we would have these devices now, but their pocket book is more important than the welfare of humanity.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why is it so difficult to add solar panels? The hood, roof and trunk could be made of solar panels and not add much if any weight to the car. Probably a battery conundrum at the moment, but maybe someone can straighten me out on this idea.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   

zeropointenergy.com.

This isn't a website.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If man was meant to fly, he would have wings.

The Wright brothers proved this false.

The way people think these days, is flat earth.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LastFirst

Okay, build us something. Then show us how it works.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Any kid that had a dynamo system on their bike for their lights understands the problem.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join