It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the Taliban Make a Comeback???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I thought the Taliban was old news / dustbin of history.
now they seem to be capturing capitals and stuff every week.

when did this happen?
were they always there? hibernating? waiting for US troops to leave?

I'm surprised--and a bit troubled--watching them taking over Afghanistan.

are any Caliphate guys still around in Iraq?

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Biden said US are supplying the locals with weapons, food and wages, but they need motivation to fight back.
I think they need help, I believe someone else is supporting the Taliban.. the question is who.
Could US play both sides ? or do we have second player.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I remember when ISIS was a thing. Trump disintegrated them very quickly. Odd that you never even hear much about that eh? After Obama p####footed around the issue as they grew in strength and were on the TV more and more...almost like it was planned...

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The taliiban never went away

They were just waiting for us to leave

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

the taliban were never completely defeated as in wiped off the face of the earth, kinda like isis.
they were beat down and allowed to regather strength, just wait about another year jihadi terrorists will be training and hold up there again.

edit on 12-8-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Biden said US are supplying the locals with weapons, food and wages, but they need motivation to fight back.
I think they need help, I believe someone else is supporting the Taliban.. the question is who.
Could US play both sides ? or do we have second player.

This is no longer a "Where's Waldo?" affair

A RELUCTANT EMBRACE: CHINA’S NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH THE TALIBAN - AUGUST 10, 2021

As the United States withdraws from Afghanistan and leaves a security vacuum there, is China moving in by cozying up to the Taliban? On July 28, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi held a high-profile official meeting with a delegation of nine Afghan Taliban representatives, including the group’s co-founder and deputy leader Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar. This was not the first visit by Taliban members to China, but the meeting was unprecedented in its publicity, the seniority of the Chinese attendees, and the political messages conveyed. Most notably, Wang used the meeting to publicly recognize the Taliban as a legitimate political force in Afghanistan, a step that has major significance for the country’s future development.....

The Afghanistan Belt And Road: China’s Opportunity Or A US Exited Death Trap?

edit on 8122021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The old good American dollar is paying for their comeback thanks to China biden.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

I remember when ISIS was a thing. Trump disintegrated them very quickly. Odd that you never even hear much about that eh? After Obama p####footed around the issue as they grew in strength and were on the TV more and more...almost like it was planned...

ISIS/ISIL are still there too.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

civilians have always helped hide them and covered their tracks, they never went away because human rights laws didn't let us do what's necessary to eliminate them. civilians are often not innocent at all in war.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The Taliban were in discussions with the Afghan governments for the last few years about having representation in government , it was never going to work but it stopped the west from killing some of their fighters.

when did this happen?

It happened when the West started pulling out of the country with our tails between our legs , same thing happened when Russia pulled out.
All those service men and women who gave their lives over the last 20 years for Bush's revenge trip did so for nothing , that's the really sad part.

As we all should be , it's another case of history repeating itself.

edit on 12-8-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And with the open border policies of china biden I am sure they are getting their way in the US once again, Is all peachy, nothing to see here, is all for the good of humanity and the people in the US.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

when did this happen?
were they always there? hibernating? waiting for US troops to leave?

are any Caliphate guys still around in Iraq?

Of course they were always there. The Taliban as far as I know, don't wear uniforms or insignia. They look like all the rest of the population they just have authority. So, as soon as an occupying force moves in, they drop their weapons, step into the crowd and it's impossible to sort them out. Then when the occupying force leaves, they rise back up like bullies and start exacting control over the local populations.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

I remember when ISIS was a thing.

ISIS are still a thing.

Trump disintegrated them very quickly.

No , he didn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Since last Nov 3rd 💡

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Taliban are embarrassing and humiliating the NeoCons/Warmongers has anyone seen that one image with the Taliban and with the American gear and them holding their flag?

Yikes.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Since last Nov 3rd 💡

Except the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan was Trump's , Biden is continuing what Trump started.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Lol, that country's culture wasn't going to change one bit, they played the long game and just waited us out, that's all.

Anyone who thought the Taliban wouldn't just bide their time simply fooled themselves, IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

ISIL isn't much of a presence there because iran doesn't like them, being sunni extremists and all. they are the remnants of al qaeda so of course iran wont let them slip through into afghanistan again.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I read somewhere, nobody has ever been able to fully pacify Afghanistan. Not the Persians, not the Romans, not the Brits.

hill people that do their own thing. sort of West Virginia on steroids.

are they still funded by selling poppy / opium I wonder?

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The Taliban were in discussions with the Afghan governments for the last few years about having representation in government , it was never going to work but it stopped the west from killing some of their fighters.

when did this happen?

It happened when the West started pulling out of the country with our tails between their legs , same thing happened when Russia pulled out.

All those service men and women who gave their lives over the last 20 years for Bush's revenge trip did so for nothing , that's the really sad part.

As we all should be , it's another case of history repeating itself.

It was more than just a revenge trip. It was tying up loose ends and destroying all assets and evidence of the CIA's involvement in both Iraq and Afghanistan in earlier proxy wars cleaning up Bush's fingerprints. It was also a more work on the PNAC seven nation list, which all the globalist administrations seem to be following. The huge opium (USA/Big Pharma) and rare earth mineral (China/Tech Companies) bonanza was just a bonus.

Bush Sr, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney are globalists and have done the most for the globalist agenda both behind the scenes and in front of the cameras. Of course the globalists have owned every other president as well including Clinton, Obama and Trump.
edit on 12-8-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join