It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Milk: The Simple Drink That Could Change Your Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Instead of using cows milk to mix it just use almond milk, oat milk or any other milk of your choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Hi..

I am a bit the same I love the stuff. One of my favorite uses is to mix it in when I make humos. It goes well with cumin, and garlic to spice up the chick peas..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wow, I know turmeric has good things for it, and I love it on everything from rice to vegetables.

But I just made a batch of this with the pepper following your instructions. no other things, just milk, tumeric, and epper, and for the oil as she added at the end, a teaspoon of coconut oil.

this is delicious !!!

Awesome.. Cheers, and there's heaps of it

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Thanks for the reply. Used to use salt but found it unnecessary. I like my jerky dry and chewy. Lasts longer that way. My young ones take it to school for snacks etc depending on the flavour. I use other mixes as well. Have just marinated strips in 'Laska' and Coconut milk.

Will dry them out today. Looking forward to the taste.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

G,day Bally mate. i will try your jerky mix out. luv jerky. i take turemic caps and at the moment i am using it as a dressing on left foot outside to underside of second smallest toe to combat a sweat blister.
fairdinkum mate i went as far as asking the doc. to cut the friggin toe off. has put paid to my morning runs.
the tumeric does give me relief from the pain and i have started to convert to 92 percent bamboo socks to wick away the moisture. and dont tell me its just cause im ancient. humbug.
oorroo pronto

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Cheers mate. Thats an old war wound mate. Foot sloggers an all. You got a dehumidifier? Cheap at the G.Guys at the moment.

Hmm reminds me. Time to feed Pronto and others.

Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

G,ay cobs. RGR. HAVE all the right equip for the job. i also take bromalein caps. heart of the pineapple.
the old man when breaking horses used to get mum to buy a full pineapple then he would only eat the core/heart of the fruit great for joint pain.
hmm an email/u2u on how is that big bugga
oorroo pronto

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Rob48

Thanks for that it was a type. I have corrected it now to stop any confusion...

purp

You made a typo with the word typo. Sorry to be picky but the irony tickled me

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
For the last two weeks I've been taking a shot of lemon juice with 1/2tsp of tumeric swirled in every morning for my knees and my pineal gland. Random combination I know...and it doesn't taste very good, but it goes down quick

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
M'Bride and me use a lot of tumeric for the antinflammatory properties you're talking about. Neither of us are fond of curry, nor really the flavor of tumeric, so I had to hide it in various dishes. Also, we drink a LOT of ginger water: shredded ginger root boiled in water. Both are excellent for the purposes intended. We both feel the difference.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Just to add, make sure you have a quality source for the turmeric and any spice, really ....not all spices are actually what they claim to be, there is a great deal of substitution and diluting for profit. It can be dangerous.

Could you or someone else please recommend what is a "quality source?" I have turmeric and would like to try this. Mine came from the spice aisle in a grocery store. McCormicks or equivalent. Is this an okay source?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

If you are not sure and can afford it try getting a certified organic brand..

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Very glad you liked it. Love your avatar too..!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't like to eat breakfast, so I substitute a nutritional drink. This concoction is great in a chocolate drink!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Well at least that has FDA oversight, right?

But if you buy it bulk or at a health store - look for a brand that is third party tested.

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 6/3/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just want to say this is a really common drink in India. They drink it in rural areas a lot. You can really use any kind of milk(almond, coconut) and water(might need a bit of a stomach). Turmeric is a mild anti depressant.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Well at least that has FDA oversight, right?

But if you buy it bulk or at a health store - look for a brand that is third party tested.

abcnews.go.com...

Good deal. You are correct, since it came from the grocery store, it'd have to be FDA approved.

I made the drink, just tumeric, water, and milk, I loved it. The spice is actually Spice Islands not McCormicks. Both are regularly available, the 'big brands' at every grocery store I've ever been in.

Because my store also has a bulk section, I will try and find something organic or that I can buy in bulk to lessen the cost when I run out of my Spice Islands, which is nearly gone.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You should be able to buy the turmeric root, you don't have to worry about manufacturing processes at least, which is the big problem with many spices.

As an aromatic (curcuma aromatica) the beneficial properties are related to the smell. The active compounds that you are trying to get are lost very often due to the manufacturing process. Herbs in the grocery store aisle are pretty much dead, as far as bioavailability is concerned. I brought a bag of cumin home from Morocco, it stunk up my apartment for months, even after we finally threw it away, knowing we couldn't use it to cook with because we couldn't stand the smell by then, as everything smelled like it.

If you were to dump a bottle of grocery store cumin on the counter it would barely reach your nose.

(Cumin and Curcumin aren't the same, I'm just using an example)

Thats not to say that you can't get good quality processed Turmeric, but I would not be using grocery store kinds as a medicinal.

You could check GMP and USP as a starting point. These are the industry standards in the US for supplements.

But its waaaaaaaaaaay cheeper to buy the root. If your regular grocery store doesn't carry it, if you have any ethnic grocery stores it would usually have it. Indian, or Asian grocers will usually have them.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh my... it has definite psychoactive effects too, I will add.

Adding the pepper does increase the bioavailability 2000% and allows the curacumin to be absorbed in noticeable quantities as opposed to just eating or ingesting turmeric alone.

It should also be noted that it is a pretty active MAOI, and therefore should be treated with a bit of caution if you are on other medications.

I had absolutely no idea if how I felt the other morning in bed was placebo, the warm milk, or tiredness, but I was very content

and tonight confirms that this is not placebo. And researching has left me very impressed with the benefits of this.

Adding coconut oil helps absorption too, and is also good for you in so many ways. half a teaspoon in the warm milk, mixes in very nicely and produces a flavour and silkiness that makes it super delicious.

I am impressed with this yellow little friend. I've always loved turmeric, but did not know she was such a pleasure..

For those more inclined to experiment, google a curacumin extract tincture, for sublingual administration. Though I think the milk/coconut oil/piperazine mix is my new start to the day!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: sn0rch

Very glad you liked it. Love your avatar too..!

Thank you for mentioning the black pepper addition. If it weren't for that I'd simply be enjoying a nice warm milk drink. and I much prefer the calm, focused, anxiety free way this has me.

ahhh the ginger family. it's funny how the main root we use, simply tastes nice and can sooth an upset stomach when there are other varieties that do so much more !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join