It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not to be dramatic, but this thread could save your life. (Response to 'superbug.')

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
Most warnings that are put out now are exactly as you said.. just fear mongering and propoganda. I believe that if a real uncurable disease was hitting the states they wouldn't tell us anything at all.

I like the holistic approach to almost anything though haven't tried your little concotion yet it sounds interesting enough.
I have tried and found lavender oil useful for many things (for me). It has a really calming affect on me, I put it on my pillow to help me drift off to sleep. Ill put a drop on my wrist if I have a test coming up the smell calms my nerves. lavender is really soothing but so far it hasnt helped me when i'm sick, only anxious. I'm not quite sure how your recipe will help stave off this superbug, but i''ll look into it anyways, cause sometimes you just never know.

Sounds like a lot of money though, being that those are at least ten-fifteen dollars a piece just for a small amount of oil. but I suppose a life saved is priceless.

edit on 7-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

The Manuka Honey was shown in tests to kill these things also and is pretty low cost really. Also coloidal silver does work on many things very well and you can make it very cheaply.

Colloidal Silver The germicidal and antibacterial properties of colloidal silver were discovered almost a century ago. Numerous clinical cases and anecdotal evidence provides us with the knowledge of the power of colloidal silver to kill bacteria, fungal infections and viruses. Even though the FDA has tried to discredit the efficacy of this important healing substance, the effects of colloidal silver in the treatment of bacterial diseases such as MRSA, topical wounds, sores and infections speaks for itself. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Manuka Honey The most delicious and deadly agent that works to kill bacteria is Manuka honey, which comes from Australia and New Zealand. Researchers have discovered that Manuka honey applied topically can kill a wide range of pathogens, including MRSA and flesh-eating bacteria. Scientists were pleased by the fact that the treated bacteria didn't build up any resistance, rendering the honey ineffective. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 7-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Natural remedies have kept our species going since its inception and that's all the proof I need that they work.
edit on 7-3-2013 by zero1020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Now please, listen up, this isn’t just hippie, new-age, mumbo jumbo jargon. Essential oils are scientifically proven to be extremely powerful treatments for all kinds of illnesses and injuries.

Since you're using science.

Has anyone cited scientific-proof an essential oil is an extremely powerful treatment for this particular 'superbug'?

Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE).
edit on 7-3-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
Natural remedies have kept our species going since its inception and that's all the proof I need that they work.

And just a few hundred years ago the life span was half of what it is today.

Hm..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
yep, oregano oil kills baccilla.....1/2 a drop on the tip of your toothbrush.....mouth bacteria are a heart issue, too.
it's usually mixed with olive oil......kills 'em dead.....

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by zero1020

And just a few hundred years ago the life span was half of what it is today.

Hm..
They used the remedies in an unrefined and very low potency level but it was enough to keep our species going.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by eleven44
Did you honestly not read the entire 'Thieves' oil part where I explained which oils to use, how much to use, and how to use them? Did you not see it?

Just reread it again, its another example of the general "cure all" nature of your opening post, but I dont see a single reference anywhere to Thieves Oil being shown to have an effect against the 'superbugs' your thread title refer to.

Its like I said earlier...

Thieves Oil is shown to be able to kill some bacteria
therefore
it is PROVEN to be able to save your life if you're infected with a superbug

Really?

edit on 7-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree alfa1. It's like

All cows eat grass
My dog eats grass
My dog is a cow

edit on 7-3-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Very interesting!
I usually don't have much interest in the holistic/alternative medicine info, but you have at least convinced me to take a further look at this. Thank you!

Now do you have an oil recipe that will suck this hangover out of me

I want to beat myself unconscious with this empty whiskey bottle, lol.

ugh..... lol hurts!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I say cut down the rainforest and find the "super human" antibiotics!!! I mean, what else are they good for...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by eleven44
Did you honestly not read the entire 'Thieves' oil part where I explained which oils to use, how much to use, and how to use them? Did you not see it?

Just reread it again, its another example of the general "cure all" nature of your opening post, but I dont see a single reference anywhere to Thieves Oil being shown to have an effect against the 'superbugs' your thread title refer to.

Its like I said earlier...

Thieves Oil is shown to be able to kill some bacteria
therefore
it is PROVEN to be able to save your life if you're infected with a superbug

Really?

edit on 7-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree alfa1. It's like

All cows eat grass
My dog eats grass
My dog is a cow

edit on 7-3-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: spelling

I did laugh ALOT at that! LOL

Star for you sir (or madam)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Honestly, thats the best kind of response i could have asked for.
i don't care if people don't immediately believe or understand everything i say...the best thing you can do is research it yourself!

As for hangovers...never tried oils for that myself...
but lavender could lessen any stress or tension and a drop of peppermint on your temples can take away a headache. My fiance swears by peppermint for her migraines!

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe what you are saying, as there are so many natural remedies out there that are really safe and effective. I think the problem not being considered here, is the HOSPITAL factor - when a person is in critical condition and under the care of a physician and staff of nurses, it is much harder to find and attain these alternatives when that time comes. These are people who are already in the hospital when these infections arise.

I never can forget the story of a farmer from NZ who was able to get intravenous Vitamin C infusions which saved him from untreatable viral pneumonia following Swine Flu. They said he was a goner, in a coma, lungs full of fluid and all antibiotics were useless - but still, giving him the C fixed him right up.

I myself am allergic to a broad range of antibotics to start with, so I prefer colloidal silver, 10ppm, Ester C, etc. I have used the silver for sinus infection, strep throat, skin infection, and it is especially helpful if I get food poisoning, I just ingest a bit of it and it seems to wipe the offending bacteria in my gut out, fast - what a lifesaver!

Another thing I find really helpful for any type of infection in the mouth, or a developing sore throat, is to swish/gargle (and spit it out well!) a combination of one parts peroxide to about 5 parts water - fresh peroxide that has good fizz to it works best. It really seems to knock down the bacteria in mouth and throat quickly and efficently. Just never use it full strength, always dilute with water.

I recommend another favorite to friends when they are sick - in conjunction with good doses of Ester C, I have them drink a couple of cups of well-steeped, Echinacea Plus Tea by Traditional Medicinals. You brew it in a mug of really hot water, covered for 15 minutes to get it strong - boost the immune system quickly and makes you feel fabulous when you are sick. Just don't use it if you have an autoimmune disease.

The essential oils sound quite interesting, too. I have heard many people espouse the benefits of Oregano Oil, Hemp Oil, THC Oil, etc.

It's not that there are not options out there, it's just getting the knowledge and the use of them at that time that leaves people hanging.

Here's a link to that story about the C, if interested: www.laleva.org...
edit on 7-3-2013 by saintinwaiting because: paragraphs and editing

edit on 7-3-2013 by saintinwaiting because: added details/info

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing.
"Re-invigorates" my "sense" of affinity for these concoctions!!
Curious - does the candle diffuser produce the desire dispersion effects as would the spray method??

LOVE

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have read the whole thread but not the links.

Do you drink it, rub it on, inhale the fumes or take a bath in thieves oil. It is one thing to give a recipe but we need to know how to use it.

To those using Colloidal Silver, when making it, do not exceed 20ma Current. If you do the mixture will not be Colloidal but will be be silver suspended in water.

The blue man (Pappa Smurf to his followers) was not using Colloidal Silver, he drank silver suspension and he drank a lot of it over Eight long months. Didn't kill him at an estimated 1000 over dose per day for eight months. Try doing that with any other medication!

P

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
"This isn't new age/hippy mumbo jumbo!"

Links to natural news.

*FAIL*

Sorry but as soon as you use NN as a source you destroy your credibility. These are the same people who convince cancer patients to quit chemotherapy and that baking soda is a cure for cancer.

They're probably one of the most dangerous websites on the net.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
MRSA treatable with Essential Oils

Excellent.
A proper study citing a specific oil's use against a specific 'bug'.

The kind of thing that eleven44 should have placed in his opening post.

----

Edit - now that I've had time to read the paper, the results dont actually favour the use of essential oils.

Tests were performed using three solutions...
1. carvacrol, a natural phenol found in some plant oils (including Oregano), but must be extracted and purified out of the oil.
2. thymol, a natural phenol found in some plant oils, but must be extracted and purified out of the oil.
3. oregano essential oil used as whole.

The results were in that order. The whole oregano essential oil performed the WORST, and the carvacrol performed the best.
The authors of the paper appear to think that its becaus there is so much other crap in the whole essential oil, that it is simply diluting whatever active ingredients are working in the first place. The best they can say about the whole essential oil is then couched in sentences that use "could", "can", and "potential".

And this has long been the way of REAL pharmaceutical research. You find some natives chewing on tree bark (or whatever) and rather that use the whole bark as "the cure" (as naturalists would wish to do) researchers find out the specific active ingredients that are actually doing the job.
Pharmaceutical companies might then set up a factory to produce that active ingredient at known concentrations.

The results of this study (alone) indicate the best cure would actually be with a carvacrol product (made by a company with an interest in getting dosages consistent, impurities low, and formulated for easy use.)

edit on 8-3-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
eleven44,

Thanks for thread, it is a help for everyone. Hospital, emergency room visits are so expensive.

Can you find the essential oils to make the Thieves Oil at your local health/vitamin store? All the ingredients,
can you share generally the cost to make Thieves Oil?

What do you think of the Hawthorne leaf? In the messages from Heaven, for years it is mentioned.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Yes, BS herbal supplements will really protect us from MRSA.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
That's a pretty bold statement. Do you have any actual evidence? Studies? Peer reviewed journals? Statistics?
Anything?

Or is this just advertisement?

I don't need studies. I've seen staph cleared up with colloidal silver, powdered ascorbic acid internally, and oil of oregano. I have seen it with my own eyes, a person use this method to clear up staph that nearly took part of her arm. The doctors gave up on her and was ready to just amputate. An herbalist saved her life and her arm.

I will never, repeat never, run to the hospital if a big outbreak of something occurs. I keep a stock of natural powerful things to use: Powdered Ascorbic acid, colloidal silver, oregano oil. tea tree oil, garlic, onion, and much more. I don't play around and wait for antibiotics to take down my immune function.

*Disclaimer* I'm not a doctor and I'm not telling anyone not to go to one. Everyone do their research and make your own conclusions about what is right for you.

I think medicine is important in times where we have urgent need or emergencies, but I don't believe that medicine addresses every single thing and that we have remedies that can work better and faster.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
yep, oregano oil kills baccilla.....1/2 a drop on the tip of your toothbrush.....mouth bacteria are a heart issue, too.
it's usually mixed with olive oil......kills 'em dead.....

Yes. I had a terrible toothache and had to wait all weekend to see a dentist. Someone told me to use oil of oregano and swish it on the tooth and gum. Within minutes, the pain was gone. One more application that night and the toothache never came back. It was a good tooth that somehow developed problems with it's nerve. I found out that oil of oregano gets right to the root of the tooth and kills infection. I kept my tooth too. No more problems.

When I get a sore throat, I get rid of it quickly w/ oregano oil. I used to have to be antibiotics constantly every winter. Since I discovered this, I haven't had to be for years now. I feel lucky to have found things to help myself stay well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join