It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu... Have You Experienced This Mysterious Phenomenon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've experienced deja vu many times through my life. Some are fleeting and others seem to last for what seems like minutes. I have noticed that they have become longer and longer.

The most recent one I had a few days ago. I was sitting on my lounge and it came on and I embraced it. This was the first time I actually tried to stay with it - I felt so peaceful and centred and everything seemed right. It lasted for awhile but it eventually faded.

I do not believe it is a neural problem - psychiatrists just want to label every single thing as a mental illness. I do not believe that deja vu is a mental illness or even a mental/neural aberration. I also learned years ago that the reason our bodies jerk erratically as we fall asleep and while we are asleep - it is the release of tension.

My personal belief is that deja vu is a check point - a spiritual support system. We all make our decisions as best we can and sometimes we can wonder whether we made the correct choices - I believe deja vu is an "it's all okay" sign. A silent but all consuming spiritual support system that let's you know you are in the right place and you have made the right decisions.

Others may disagree with me and I am okay with that. I cannot wait until my next one - I will embrace it like I did last time - felt so amazing, peaceful and serene.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi Sled!

Yeah, I did experienced deja-vu. Alot of times, actually. lol, I tried finding an explanation, I came up with the idea that deja-vu were small space-time loops which had an entry, a double (or multiple) loop and an escape point. But then I realized, when I experienced deja-vu, people around me didn't necessarily experienced one, which mean it was something else than space-time anomaly. It's really weird to feel deja-vu.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What does it mean if it happens to you alot?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've had Deja vu quite a few times in my life.I've never had any type of epilepsy and I don't think it would normally have anything to do with that except maybe the pre epileptic period somehow wires the brain to be more receptive for it.
I believe it's more for a warning type of thing.Everytime I've had it happen it has caused me to change my behavior to avoid a negative outcome.
I remember when I was about 12 years old and I was in an argument with my mom,and it was unfolding just like I was suddenly remembering it. I finally said to my mom,Okay this is enough! Stop repeating the same thing over and over like before. We have done this before and I'm sick of repeating it.My mom looked at me puzzled so I told her,next I'm going to say this... then you will say that.. then this will happen after that...her jaw hit the floor. She was like HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT? I said we have done this before.And she told me no we haven't . That I was experiencing deja vu.And she didn't know that I could do that.And I said I didn't know I could either.Since then I've done this over and over again,everytime it;s been a warning on a situation that could go downhill very quickly if I wasn't warned.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

quantum entanglement mate

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

In all serious mate i used to have it a lot when i was younger.

I once had it for what seemed like 10 or more mins.
I was with my brother in his flat and when someone knocked
on his front door i knew who it was and what they wanted
for the record i told him before he answered the door.

Then i was able to tell him what was going to be said
on the tv cant remember what it was now news or something.

I still get the "im sure we have done this before but not as much.

I remember watching a tv program all about deja vu and they
said it was the brain reacting quicker than you can think
if that makes sence.

To this day im still

edit on 27/10/2012 by maryhinge because: to many

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It’s a second chance, memory recall… make the right decision and you won’t experience it again… this is why you don’t get the effect as you get older. We learn from our mistakes

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I get deja vu with premonitions sometimes when I have them.Some of the stronger ones are during a deja vu moment.

I've also gotten deja vu with no premonition attached, but usually it is when somebody is talking, and then all of a sudden I feel like I have heard it before,and get that eerie feeling.
Actually it has been a long time since I have gotten it strong,
but as a kid I remember several deja vu moments that were tied to a past life and being in the same area as where I was living somewhere around 100 years before. Kind of interesting how that works.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So far I've got people who think deja vu is a past-life memory, future warning, a spiritual check point to show we are on the right path, a time shift jump, or some brain malfunction... did I forget anyone?

As for the dreams, including my own, I don't label this as deja vu. This is more like traveling into the future during sleep, IMO. Still a very weird feeling when it happens!

Many different thoughts on what deja vu is. I appreciate you all sharing.

Anyone else have anything to add, or a story to share?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I subscribe to the theory that it's some type of neural\synapse\brain type of phenomena.
I had deja vu a couple times when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. It was overwhelming. Both times, I was drawing a picture for a class assignment. I was like "Whoooaaa! I have done this before! I drew this same picture." The feeling of having lived out that same scene before was so intense it was frightening. I was awed by it. It was true deja vu...the real thing!
There may have been a few minor episodes as I got older. None that I can remember as an adult.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've really put some hard thought into it for what I've even heard others call it for their own experiences...and I think you about covered all the different theories I've heard for what the phenomenon is. I really appreciate the thread too! It's been interesting reading other people's experiences and perspectives on this.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sled735

I've really put some hard thought into it for what I've even heard others call it for their own experiences...and I think you about covered all the different theories I've heard for what the phenomenon is. I really appreciate the thread too! It's been interesting reading other people's experiences and perspectives on this.

Thank you, Wrabbit.

As for my view, I have had some experiences that I would have to say were past-life memories, and others that could have been validation about my life path. I have no opinion about the scientific explanation. Science really just doesn't explain it for me, though.

I hope we aren't done here. Anyone else out there have an experience to share?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

No I agree, deja-vu are not related to dreams in any way.

It is, I am humble to say, still a mystery.

I had past-time memories too. How do I know they are from another life? Well.. Let's just say I never died in a plane crash when I was young.

edit on 28-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Dunno, mate. It's weird.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I can't say I agree with ruling out a dream connection just yet. I've had many experiences of deja vu in my life and one was matched with a dream. Usually, I simply have the feeling of "I've gone through this before"(or I've gone through this a second time already!) and it feels on the tip of my tongue that I know what's about to happen, I just can't quite recall. But with the time of the dream, in it I was driving my car into a parking lot with a guy my age that I didn't recognize in the passenger seat. A year or two later, I'm pulling into a parking lot, immediate same deja vu feeling, and I recognize my friend who I had met only months prior as being the guy from the dream and the parking lot as being identical. I've had many dreams before that I could break down symbols to know what's coming in the future, but I've never had it match up completely like that before.

We don't quite understand dreams as of yet either, but it's my belief that our minds are at work elsewhere while we sleep, and I think that also has something to do with this connection of deja vu.

Has anyone else ever had deja vu within a dream? What would you make of that?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by luminescent
I can't say I agree with ruling out a dream connection just yet. I've had many experiences of deja vu in my life and one was matched with a dream. Usually, I simply have the feeling of "I've gone through this before"(or I've gone through this a second time already!) and it feels on the tip of my tongue that I know what's about to happen, I just can't quite recall.
We don't quite understand dreams as of yet either, but it's my belief that our minds are at work elsewhere while we sleep, and I think that also has something to do with this connection of deja vu.

Has anyone else ever had deja vu within a dream? What would you make of that?

I posted one on page one.
The "feeling" of having done something before is the same, but it is because we have traveled into the future, and then it happens in real life.
Deja vu is more like a memory of having done, or been somewhere that we know we haven't experienced in this lifetime.
I understand what you are saying, though.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes, I very much enjoyed your story as it reminded me of my experience and something tells me there is a significance of it for you... I also hope the house is yours someday!

But perhaps I didn't ask my question very well, especially with following up my dream story. Has anyone ever had that feeling of "I've experienced this before" while dreaming? Would this just be a case of a dream that doesn't mean anything putting together various events and it chooses to add the feeling of deja vu for fun, or could there be more to it?

I was still thinking of this after my earlier post and I liked the warning theory. I'm thinking something similar, like it is us from another life visiting for a particular reason. Maybe to deliver a warning or message, maybe just a past/parallel life recall of sorts from another life, "I see a young woman sitting at what I think they would call a computer, wow!" or maybe an attempt at a changing of events. And while it may not be the exact same as my dream experience, I can't help but feel that they're quite connected.

Next time I'm going to try like Amanda5 mentioned earlier to just observe it and stay with it, and see where it goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luminescent

I see what you're saying now. Sorry for the confusion.

I have had similar dreams like that. I often dream of a certain place where I end up traveling on this same country road with the same landscape and buildings. It IS kind of like a deja vu feeling, isn't it? I think, 'okay, I'm back at this place again! I've been here before.'
But I think it is just us going back to a past, or future time in our life during sleep.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I believe it is a combination of the "perfect storm" scenario. We have different memories that we download from our dream state (past, present, and future) that we get glimpses of in our reality state. Some have happened in the past, some in the present and some in the future. That feeling of having been somewhere before is just letting you know you have. It is not a mental defect. There may be some nudges from your spirit guide to pay attention for a reason.
While it cane be unsettling, it is not unusual. More common than is thought by mainstream.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by sled735

I believe it is a combination of the "perfect storm" scenario. We have different memories that we download from our dream state (past, present, and future) that we get glimpses of in our reality state. Some have happened in the past, some in the present and some in the future. That feeling of having been somewhere before is just letting you know you have. It is not a mental defect. There may be some nudges from your spirit guide to pay attention for a reason.
While it cane be unsettling, it is not unusual. More common than is thought by mainstream.

Ascension211

Very well stated, Ascension, and I agree with your reasoning.
Thank you for your input.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join