It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rap music is an absolute joke

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Wow, pretty valid points and I agree.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As another member mentioned...YOU just havent found the right stuff, just because idiots like that sellout Kanye w(P)est are famous it doesnt mean they represent what true rap is, after all the hip hop industry has been the most heavily targeted industry to be infiltrated by the elites control therefore making who 'they' want famous rather than the true talent. Heres a couple of examples of true rappers of today.

edit on 30/09/10 by Maccaron.Shakaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to postke the music don't support it by GmoS719

Whoa whoa whoa, why all the hate, you have to thank this great country we live in for freedom of expression, I could say the same about today's so called rock music, if it not like screaming raaaaaawrrrrrr on some satanic craziness then it is in some way copied from a classic rock song. And country music rarely is anything new, but since your stereotyping I think I'll go drink some whiskey and beat my wife. Speaking on what they were sure they could find better things to do with their money but hey rockers were insanely ridiculous clothing as well or a country star wearing a ridiculously crazy cowboy hat or even pop music with lady gaga and her insanely crazy out fits so don't just talk about one it's more like music in general....sounds like you need to get off the hate train if you don't like the music don't listen to it or buy it. Oh and what is exactly wrong about talking or bragging about your accomplishments so what if they got an expensive chain it will hold value better than any outrageous automobile you see rockstars with hell in today's economy the insanely big houses people spend money on won't hold value like precious metals and diamonds....but I don't hear you griping about the houses or the cars...sounds like you got a few internal issues goin on.....but I guess every has an opinion even if it's a rediculous one

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Most Rap is just entertainment, you take it to serious..
But there are groups that have really deep tracks that helped me trough hard times, i learned much from this people.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

now tell me again that Rap music is a joke.
The problem is, you only hear what you want to hear.
peace.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Sounds like op in new age rap terms is a "hater"
2nd

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You have to wade through the river (of feces) to get to the diamonds.

Immortal Techinque - The 3rd World

One Day As a Lion - If You Fear Dying

Sweatshop Union - Thing About It

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
What a waste of server space.
Get a life.

Amazing rebuttal there! Sorry if I offended you by insulting a genre that you like, but it's true.

reply to post by spav5

I can kind of see what you mean, though John didnt really go around shooting at people and generally being offensive, he was a lout of course, but his actions were not that far from his message. It's interesting that you mention the thesis, I'm planning on writing one about everything that is wrong with the music industry, all genres included. I am singling out rap in this rant because I guess it pisses me off the most and I find it to be an absolute joke mostly, of course there are lots of good rappers and bands out there and I'm not looking hard enough, although I can tell you honestly that I used to be very into Hip hop and know all of the best stuff around in my opinion, I'm sure a few good rappers have popped up since then, but I've been listening and what I'm hearing makes me embarrassed for the 'artist'.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

I dont think Vinnie Paz is helping the cause really, he basically just raps about all the ways he's going to kill you for being an infidel and compares himself to historical tyrants, I used to kinda dig Jedi Mind although then I started listen to what was actually being said. I think that guy is a total joke. And I still think rap music is a total joke, seriously bro.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Because he just DOES NOT like it? Do you not get it? Stop trying to start something.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You don't have to justify anything to this poster, he is just trying to start something. Ignore him.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I love hip hop it has a good positive message and here i'm talking about people like KRS 1 who writes lyrics about self improvement, politics, the power of knowledge ect. But I would say that hip hop is mainly swept aside by the mainstream media who prefer to litter they're music channels with commercial rap music, which for the. most part contains no better message than how good it is to have money and women.

I actually make hip hop music in my spare time and I can tell you that I try to make as much of my music an original composition as I can, I have certainly never sampled James Brown drums before! But that's besides the point. What I really want to point out is that when rap music first became popular and artists like Biggie and Tupac achieved record breaking record deals they had no idea the way in which record labels would be able to influence the future of they're music and if they had had an idea of the record labels plans then I'm sure they would have told these labels to f**k right off because they wouldn't want to have been the ones who paved the way for the s**t we have to suffer these days!

There are still lots of good rap/hip hop artists around though, but most people haven't heard of them because the good artists sign to smaller record labels who don't have the money or power that company's like Atlantic Records, Interscope and Warner - to name a few - wield over the music industry. So if you want good quality rap/hip hop then you have to dig a little deeper...
edit on 1-9-2011 by BluntSoul because: I just wanted to add a quality piece of Hip Hop for you all to have a listen to

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well first Tupac was inspired by thug life(the hate u gave litle infints #s evrybody).
I really think that today music is in the underworld just open MTV and you will see.....
Listen to this songs and then judge Tupac:
Part time mutha
Life goes on
they dont give a # about us(illuminati)
wonder why they call you bitch

after this judge him....

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I Cry

# 67
on top 500 Poems

Sometimes when I'm alone
I Cry,
Cause I am on my own.
The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confide in,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Then to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.
And sometimes...
I Cry
and no one cares about why. TUPAC SHAKUR

poets are often dissed by people that do not understand them. it isn't their failing it is yours for not trying to understand.

edit on 1-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BluntSoul

Hey
!

I make Music too, i make Beats, check em out if you like.

www.myspace.com...
here is one beat of mine with Rap..www.youtube.com...

i got newer ones but i didnt upload them yet.Tell me what you think about.

peace, Anu!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Great poem, honestly. But that is being a little short sighted, as I mentioned in the OP tupac was better than most and had a great poet streak to his tunes, although his behavior was awful, total thug, and a lot of his music and its message was incredibly contradictory given his general attitude towards the world and his behavior.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I agree but if you want to give a messege you have to be MEAN in order to get attention.....
I POPUP

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
who cares about? Its Music, it entertains me..that whats all about.
I hear Rap,Metal,Hardtecho,Hardcore.Pop and and and...and i got no problem with one of them.

Dear Mrs.Robinson heaven hold`s a place for those who pray heyheyhey,heyheyhey!! *sing*

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i wonder what that # sounds backwards any hidden messages in it like the beatles led zepplin etc head on over to YOUTUBE look up SATANIC MUSIC ....REVERSE MUSIC KNOCK YOURSELF OUT CHECK OUT JOHN TODD MASTERTAPES WATCHED A PROGRAMME ON TV ABOUT SOME BAD BOY RAPPER HIS SECURITY LOOKED CIA STRANGE THAT FOR SOME WHITE BOY HATEING BOYYYZ FROM DA HOOD

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hokay, I read most of what you had to say... and boy, you got it wrong.

I honestly don't know where to start, lets start with the 4 elements of hip-hop.
These are, DJ'ing (Disk Jockey) MC'ing (Microphone Commander) Dancing and Graffiti.
They DO NOT include, bitches, fighting and etc.

Most of the rappers you named are 'whack em cees' they have no true hip hop in them, and by the real hip-hoppers they are classed as sub-genres of hip-hop and 90% of what people think is Hip-hop is actually R&B.

Lets start with DJ's
www.youtube.com...
This is Mix Master Mike, DMC World Champion, he has taken the Delta Blues - Robert Johnson and the underlying track which is the instrumental from Dead Prez - Hip Hop. Yes he has stolen records, BUT the point of this is that it shows how he has advanced the tune from the original. People hear a song they know is familiar which is 'cut' to create different variations on the same tune, this is where we progress to 'Beat Juggling'
www.youtube.com...
This is roc raids, one of the best at the sport, he almost always uses 2 decks with the same song on each deck, he cuts them and creates completely different time signatures.

Now talking about free beats. DJ premier is a perfect example, he create albums of beats, he allows anyone to use those beats to create rap songs, its first come first serve and if you choose the same beat as someone better than you, then your schooled.
www.youtube.com...

Now time for Madlib and J Dilla, two of the most talented musicians there are, and not only are they massively respected in the Hip-hop world they are also parsed by classical, jazz, blues, and so on. Madlib was actually asked to remix and album for Blue Note Recordings, and he did it perfectly, with amazing respect for 60-80 year old songs. The two of them also nearly hit every genre of the culture examples below.
This is Jaylib, J villa and Madlib teamed up:
www.youtube.com...
This is Quasimoto, a character of Madlib:
www.youtube.com...
This is Madlib:
www.youtube.com...
Madlib for blue Note.
www.youtube.com...
This is Madlibs super remix:
www.youtube.com...

Thats to start, I shall post MC's and Graffiti next.

But heres a flavour:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MBUK3D

yes very good man, keep goin
!
let it flow brother

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join