It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Car Engine Sends Shock Waves Through Auto Industry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
the auto industry is NOT listening.

read my lips !!!!

NO GASOLINE

we will still be addicted to oil
if we convert to this engine.
It's a step in the wrong direction.
Take the oil syringe out of your
vein kind sir. thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by predator0187

25 KW hahahahahahaha! Rotary hahahahahaha! My Chev powered Holden car puts out at least 15 times more power than that! Who cares, love my cars, love burning fossil fuels no matter how we acquire the oil hahaha! We will most likely run out of oil before we kill the environment anyway! So rev it up whether your choice is Turbo, V8, V12, Mazda Rotary or Diesel whatever ..... burn it up! This piece of machinery is a dud!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
PS at the front
SandF

No matter
the proffit margin will stay the same
this is simple school yard economics

get em hooked on free,
then cheep,
then scarce
price according to demand
control the supply
drive up the price.

there is enough oil capped in the uS for the oil to be certainly below 35 USD a barrel
banking the stuff in a closer vein isn't the answer.

ps just heard oil is a buck ten a barrel
on its way to two three hundred...
as was said recently by the MSN
all the oil coniptions were forecast by the oil execs to Lindsey Williams
the invasions foecast years ago by Gen Wesly Clark
so that really speaks volumns
edit on 8-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Wow resorting to insults because someone has opinion different to yours ...... Hmmmmm OK! The fact is not everyone cares about this sort of work and prefer old school BHP muscle. If you want to drive a hybrid car and think you are saving the world go for it. Top Gear only says the Prius is cool is because you can pick up chicks with it! It is going to be a long time before this sort of hardware takes off!
edit on 8-4-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Wow resorting to insults because someone has opinion different to yours ...... Hmmmmm OK! The fact is not everyone cares about this sort of work and prefer old school BHP muscle. If you want to drive a hybrid car and think you are saving the world go for it. Top Gear only says the Prius is cool is because you can pick up chicks with it! It is going to be long time before this sort of hardware takes off!

I don't drive cars, never did, never will.

Streets are ugly, aren't they?
edit on 8-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Streets are ugly, aren't they?

They look OK if you are going 160 KPH (100 MPH in the old school) in an old school internal combustion engine not some hybrid device ... lol

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have the luxury of being partially raised in a culture
that didn't rely on something for nothing to get around.
Not much will change for me when the price hits
the high price forecasts by the latest Zionist expansionism.

I'm lookin forward to it
in the mean time a 260 horse air craft engin/propellor on a 14 foot scoot on the ice
will do165 MPH
no roads no cops no limits

we build these things our selves.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I am sure you are a teacher or a professor of some kind, because only very intelligent people write like you. If there is no more oil, you have no clothes, no tools, no computers, no drugs, nothing, but hey you can get a cheap hooker with your 370 ps car, thats worth it! Last word.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I would have loved to see this engine in action but too bad, it will take another 2 to 3 years, and during that time every body will forget about it, just too bad.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ToasterOverkill

I don't know about that.

Toyota has been more forward-thinking than other companies, hence their dominance in the hybrid segment.

I wouldn't be shocked if they saw it as an evolution of their own technology. They'll probably buy/steal it and make $$$$ licensing it to other auto companies.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

It's responses like this that have me scratching my head.

Sounds like some posters WANT this invention to be suppressed.

Negative thoughts attract negative energies.

XL5

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If the one he was holding in his hand was 25KW (33hp) I'm sure they could make one that could fit in a car and do 150-200HP, but then they need a CVT to keep it near the perfect RPM. In my opinion, using 1-2 of these as a generator would be great in an hybrid car. You could use cheaper lead acid batteries and smaller then normal ones too, the batteries would only really be there for peak power.

You should still have at least 2 gears. Even though the torque is instant at low RPM, having more is always better.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Orbital engines, like the Sarich, were invented 40 years ago.
I still think the next step will be electric cars, using a small orbital/rotary etc all fuel engines to charge the batteries on demand, as the article states..........then we will see 100, 200 or better mile per gallon cars, using engines that will run on anything from Petroleum to Turps, to Metho, to Fine Kentucky Whisky (moonshine)....grow your own fuel. I read on another site you can now buy food scrap/lawn clipping converters, that make your fuel at home...alcohol I guess. Tho how long would it be b4 the authorities put a stop to that??....cant go and make your own alcohol, even if it is to run your car.

Electric motors are beautifully simple and powerful. Much more so than the internal combustion engine.
If we didnt know better, One could easily think that the electric motor was some Electro Magnetic Drive "Alien" technology. It is certainly out there.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
that looks like an old rotary engine.

what we gotta do is get off oil for transportation energy, first!

and then power, 2nd.

we still need it for other things, 3rd.

just getting off transportation will take a big chunk out of the addiction.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

cool
a super effecient petrol motor powers a generator
that feeds power to the motors at each wheel
that allows for re-generative braking
xp

That's what I was thinking. We could have a KERS button like Formula cars for overtaking

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

"It's ok officer, we're just brewing up some alcohol to run the gas tanks for our love machines."

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There won't be any improvement or change until we get rid of those in power behind the curtain. First things first.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

25 KW hahahahahahaha! Rotary hahahahahaha!

[snip]

love burning fossil fuels no matter how we acquire the oil hahaha!

[snip]

This piece of machinery is a dud!

Wow. hahahahahahaha... taunt much?

Never mind that gasoline is getting so expensive, it's holding back the recovery from the recession. Never mind that it's causing regional conflicts in which many are killed. Heck... let's just keep on driving the same old internal combustion engines we've been using for a century. Progress is for 'progressives' and we all know what a dirty word that is, don't we?

Luddites hate progress.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Absolutely. Our fundamental problem is not finding more oil or avoiding pollution, it is improving the average IQ and educational attainment of the population. The rest will follow.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Luddites hate progress

Just because I like my current car and don't care what we do to get the oil to power it does not mean I can be likened to a 19th century Textile Artisan who disliked the use of looms to advance their trade does it? If it you are saying that rather rude of you is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join