It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus smell's like Vanilla Coffee Beans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So I had an interesting experience and I thought I would share it.

I am not a religious person, persay. I was raised Catholic, went to Catholic school for a decade and have since opened my mind to more open ways of thought. However, I have always thought of Jesus as a powerful being, perhaps not God- but still a powerful being that has the capacity to help healing in ways that other spirits do not.

The other night I was in deep emotional turmoil. I was also very physically sick with the flu, and in my complete and utter pain I asked Jesus to come to me and take away all my pain.

I rarely do this. However, In the past, I have done this, and my pain has dissapated. That was not the surprise. What was surprising was this.

I felt a presence come into the room, and I felt the emotional pain lift out of my spirit. I then felt a touch on my shirt and I began to smell what smelt like Vanilla Infused Coffee Beans. I began sniffing the air to make sure that I was smelling this and yes- it was unmistakable. This was at 4am and no one was making coffee.

I have psychic impressions often, and often scents come with certain spirits, but I have never heard of a scent associated with Jesus before. I have the distinct impression that it was Jesus's spirit and I believe he allowed me to smell him.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Probably a starbucks fan

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
well first of all congratulations on your experience..

I for one am completely envious. I either didnt have the faith or something was missing when I asked the Universe and Jesus to do the same.

Also, Do you happen to like the smell of or have a strong connection / association with Vanilla coffee beans?

Just from my intuition I'd have to say that maybe, you experienced this smell while this happened as a sort of calming way to Trust the spirit that was visiting you.. whether it was the spirit of Jesus or other entity.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

there is a little known legend that Jesus Christ will smell of 2 things when he returns...but for the life of me, I seem to have forgotten

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
At least once a week before going to work, I stop in at Starbuck's to order a venti vanilla latte. Now my weekly trips will grow in significance.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I dont suppose you think It might have been the smell of Carob Pods ?

St johns Bread

ISA

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You know, I dont have any particular association with coffee- I mean I love coffee like most other people, but I dont drink it very often. I think the scent was significant to me as a unmistakable sign that he was there. It was a pleasant smell, and very earthy.

I too, have asked God and the universe for signs of proof many, many times in my life. I have learned, for me personally, that God and the universe doesent respond. However, asking for Jesus specifically, I have always felt him come and he does have the amazing gift of healing. I'm not trying to preach or anything, but to offer encouragement to anyone who is searching for an answer.

I am personally not Christian. I do not believe that Jesus is God. I believe that God is a lifeforce that no one spirit can contain. However I do believe Jesus is a spiritually powerful being. I also recognize most religous spirits from most of the worlds religions as very real and accessable by everyone in times of need. I feel Jesus offers healing in a way, that few other spirits can offer.

Just my two cents

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

first of all... the title of this thread is hilarious... I laughed pretty hard...

I heard somewhere that spirits do leave some sort of sent when they are present.
So I believe you.
I dont, however think that Jesus smells of vanilla coffee beans, its probably just what you associated it with. If someone had no idea what those smells were, they would probably associate it with something they do know.

Just my 2 cents.
The spiritual realm is very mysterious. I tend not to ask questions, just experience it when I can... We'll all find out whats really out there soon enough, and there's so much beauty in this world that I don't want to miss it thinking about something I'll soon experience anyway

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting experience any which way.

I smell butter cookies in my deep moments...the most wonderful butter cookies ever of course...like you could follow the scent on the wind.

I agree with another poster about each person probably has a smell they will recognize or be common with...mabey.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have to say, being that I am into aroma therapy and since I have just smelled these two things right alongside each other today, that is it possible it was frankincense and Myrrh? They do combined smell sort of like vanilla coffee beans. I used to burn just myyrh and that had the earthy scent, the frankincense is sweeter smelling so combined maybe it was why you associated it with vanilla coffee beans. Just a thought.

And now I smell butter cookies, thanks above me^...

[edit on 6-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hmmmm....that could be very true... it wasnt exactly vanilla coffee beans smell- but that was the closest known smell I could relate it too. it smelled "like" vanilla coffee beans...

I use essential oils aswell, but I cant recall the exact scent of frankencense or myrrh- however they used it in the Catholic church alot around christmas when I was a child- and it didnt smell like that. Next time I am in Whole Foods I will smell both and let you know

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I smelled the herbs today, though, not the oil, and I think they had a lighter scent than the oils which are higher concentration. May make a difference. I know if I burn herbs incense, instead of oils it's got a different smell. EVen with the snadalwood I have the incense and I have the oil, the oil is much more pungent, sharper smell.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I used to lead a house group and once when we were in prayer each of us smelt a different flower.
It was a facinating experience and one that neither of us had had heard of before.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I suppose the question could be posed, did the smell comfort you? I know the smell of coffee comforts me a ton. The power of God or Christ has been associated with the smell of Roses, although I would imagine that this supreme being would be capable of generating whatever smell the person finds most comforting.

(I do not proclaim to know anything. I do not even proclaim to believe in God. Just using deductive reasoning based on what I have heard as a reply to the OP)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

there is a little known legend that Jesus Christ will smell of 2 things when he returns...but for the life of me, I seem to have forgotten
Psalms 45:8 All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia; out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made thee glad.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have on many occasions prayed, meditated, and spoken to God, Jesus, or any entity that hears, as I would a friend. I speak into the void, into empty space, into quiet, and I have never heard anything back, nor have I felt any real presence. I have sincerely asked for dialogue, for a "sign" or for help and I have not, to my knowledge or perception, received any answer.

When I was younger I had several rather miraculous things happen to me, but I do not remember. I only wonder why not I am unable to even get acknowledged by the higher forces?

I am still striving to keep my faith in a higher realm, and powerful beings and that there is more to life than what meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, I believe Jesus smells like vanilla beans because I've smelled it to. It's a very calming scent. Almost like vanilla cupcakes with icing. I've smelled it when I was upset emotionally. I always wondered if anybody else did. This is graet for me to know others experience it too!!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I can't say I have ever smelled Jesus... I wonder if they even had vanilla beans in Jerusalem at the time he was alive... perhaps this was your brain's way of associating a lovely smell to something you feel as being positive.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Do you have anything in your house that even remotely smells like vinilla? A combination of sleep paralysis and a gust of wind carrying your favorite scent can be very deceiving. I'm not discouting your experience, but i had something similar happen to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Smelled ya first !!! LOL
sorry was just thinking of "What would Jesus Do"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join