It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Wave Frequencies and hearing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hi to everyone on ATS, this is my first post and i apoligise if this may have been discussed before, or if its dumb in any shape or form.

I was recently reading some information about nikola tesla, and stumbled across some information, that apparently our brain waves have a frequency of 6-8 ( 6-10 ? Maybe ) Hz ... Our hearing range is apparently 20-20,000 Hz.

So the question i pose is, if our hearing was 6-20,000 Hz does this mean we would be able to hear people's thoughts?

Cheers for reading guys and i appreciate the replies i get.

Edited - Wasn't sure were to put this thread, since i couldnt find the science & tech forum when logged in, so i placed it in the aliens and UFO section since telepathy is occasionally assosciated with aliens.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by shujinko90]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shujinko90

You could set up an EEG so that the output drove a tone through a speaker (say fasterEEG/higher pitched output tone) (you'd have to have it modulating an existing tone that was in human hearing range, say 100hertz or whatever, cause we can't hear 7-10 hertz) so you would hear a sound
but you wouldn't hear thoughts, you wouldn't hear words, just fluctuating noises
Those are my dumb suggestions, anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the swift reply. I appreciate every post and input that i recieve.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
this almost reminds me of that new tech that was recently announced where i guess sound waves could be projected straight to the brain, so that theoretically you could walk down the street and you could get ads playing in your head i guess or you could listen to your mp3/cd/walkman w/o headphones.

But about your topic, i don't think we'll be able to hear people's thoughts with the cards we got at hand at the moment, wouldn't the thought's need to be projected from the brain (at a small frequency i would think) and our ears would need to be able to pick them frequencies up. You kinda jumped from our brains having a 6-8 frequency and hearing is ~20,000 hz to we have a hearing of 6-~20,000 hz so there's at least one link you missed to make it so

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
As far as my knowledge takes me, the brain makes chemical/electrical impulses which is interpreted as sight/sound/sensations.

We actually need two seperate devices to send and receive sound, so it stands to simple logic that we would need an input/output device to actually register the electrical impulses of someones brain and for them to be interpreted.

We have vocal chords for making and ears for receiving sound. These two devices are designed in such a manner that they are hardwired to the brain and are complete with all the latest updated and installed driver software (language, sight, memory, imagination, other senses)

We may already have the drivers downloaded for reading other brains, it's just not installed yet or has been disabled for some reason ( there's a large part of our brain that we do not currently use).

Yes, it may very well be possible for us to read brain patterns, but until we learn to do it naturally, we may have to make use of man-made hardware that we plug and play direct to our brains receptors. Both the speach centre and sound recognition portions of the brain would have to be wired up to the port for any such device to be able to send/receive.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
( there's a large part of our brain that we do not currently use).

there isn't you know, it's an urban myth.

OP, the short answer is no. the frequency of sound we can hear refers to the frequency of vibrations in air, the frequency of the brain refers to electrical impulses between nurons, i think. if we were to hear others thoughts, these electrical signals would need to be translated into vibrations in the air.

amazingly we are able to convert these signals if we want, by speaking.

top topics

join